whats with dudes calling records "vinyls"?

2»

Comments

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    "muds"

this is the funniest word ever and im going to find a way to use it regularly

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    "muds"

this is the funniest word ever and im going to find a way to use it regularly

Well, looks like my work here is done.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    Man, I used to have a whole pool of waters.

• Yous guys need to

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    I call them vinyls and I'm Californian. What are you gonna do about it?

California I from. We speaks to you and be much friendly? I like the vinyls. You do have many of thems too?

• Sigh... only on the internets....

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    I don't hear this much... but it reminds me of when I moved to Toronto and all kinds of people I met were calling their skateboards their 'skate' rather than their 'board'. Always bugged me. No real logic behind it. It actually makes more sense than 'vinyls', but it's still weird to me.
    Actually it was pretty common to call your stuntwood a skate back in the late 80s early 90s.......

co-sign, no one said "go get your board" from like '84 - '94, in my memory (when i was skating constantly), it was always "wheres your skate?" or alternately "go get your stick!" (the origins of which ive always assumed to be a Cali thing).

ive witnessed little kids who know zero say "vinyls", as in "wow , look at all these vinyls!". therefore its definitely a sign of ignorance to me. Whatever happened to farging "RECORDS". they are records. Albums if you like.

though i can see someone who doesnt know any better hearing someone say the legit usage "yo, i got a ton of vinyl" and then assuming you just add an "s". oof.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    ive witnessed little kids who know zero say "vinyls", as in "wow , look at all these vinyls!". therefore its definitely a sign of ignorance to me. Whatever happened to farging "RECORDS". they are records. Albums if you like.

exactly why i hate it so much. the only times you ever really hear it used is when its some dude going into a store and being like "dude, huey lewis and the news vinyls! awesome!"

• ive witnessed little kids who know zero say "vinyls", as in "wow , look at all these vinyls!". therefore its definitely a sign of ignorance to me. Whatever happened to farging "RECORDS". they are records. Albums if you like.

exactly why i hate it so much. the only times you ever really hear it used is when its some dude going into a store and being like "dude, huey lewis and the news vinyls! awesome!"

I've been collecting vinyls since I was 3 in '74. That's over 30 years. I say vinyls so I must not really know about records.

• I'm just playin'. I don't really say it.

• BelsonBelson 880 Posts
    two dudes in the shop exclaiming shit like "Muddy Waters Vinyls!" "Nirvana Vinyls!"

They sound british.

....or French

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts
    I don't hear this much... but it reminds me of when I moved to Toronto and all kinds of people I met were calling their skateboards their 'skate' rather than their 'board'. Always bugged me. No real logic behind it. It actually makes more sense than 'vinyls', but it's still weird to me.
    Actually it was pretty common to call your stuntwood a skate back in the late 80s early 90s.......

co-sign, no one said "go get your board" from like '84 - '94, in my memory (when i was skating constantly), it was always "wheres your skate?" or alternately "go get your stick!" (the origins of which ive always assumed to be a Cali thing).

Yeah I know... I just meant that it was weird for me to just all of a sudden hear all these people calling it a "skate". I guess it was outside of my Local Skateboard Experience???.