124»

Comments

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

If it has not been mentioned:

Didier's Sound Spectrum

really? is this shit any good?

Yes.

Oh yes.

I don't know if anyone else had this problem, but when I got mine, the jacket glue didn't hold at all and it just fell apart. Minty-crap almost immediately. The record kicks ass though.

• If it has not been mentioned:

Didier's Sound Spectrum

Yes.

Oh yes.

I don't know if anyone else had this problem, but when I got mine, the jacket glue didn't hold at all and it just fell apart. Minty-crap almost immediately. The record kicks ass though.

same thing happened to me, i bought the repress though

Didier's Sound Spectrum

Yes.

Oh yes.

I remember looking at it at labcabin and it was a total xerox cover so that doesn't surprise me.

• You know whats worth a lot....

Token Recluse... Radiohead breaks and beats.... and our other limited edition releases.

And Anticon shit....

Anticon records are worth a shit ton of money.

• Classic - Nas Kanye KRS RAKIM and Preem 12"

Didier's Sound Spectrum

Yes.

Oh yes.

I remember looking at it at labcabin and it was a total xerox cover so that doesn't surprise me.

the cover on mine is proper, i bought it at waterloo records in austin. i believe it was a legitimate repress

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    That Sharon Jones 45 with the "I just checked in to see what condition my condition was in".....is cake I think.

• That Sharon Jones 45 with the "I just checked in to see what condition my condition was in".....is cake I think.

• Anticon records are worth a shit ton of money.

deep puddle dynamics?? the only anticon album i really dug. still play it occasionally

• quantic "5th exotic" lp (which I sold back to the local shop last year
    some of the rebtuz 12"s

• Its not that Ima sit here and defend anticon... i would... but who cares... but they have like 10 releases that go for over a 100 bucks at this point... and the label isn't that old.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

I think this record can be filed here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/MARLEY-MARL-12-VERY-...1QQcmdZViewItem

A few years ago this could be gotten online for under $10, I could never decide if it was worth it...

• ZachDZachD 318 Posts
    Interesting stuff, some knowledge dropped. Although it kind of makes me feel... err.. icky like I should have bought some of this obvious stuff. I buy stuff for myself but I'm no doubt obsessed and fascinated by the 'record economy' and like to play the markets for fun and profit.

Even with a store's eye view of distributors and labels, I still haven't really figured out much rhyme or reason to what gets to stay in print or goes out. Like they keep pressing the White Stripes LPs and the Shins but something like Belle & Sebastian's "The Life Pursuit" comes and goes quickly and is not repressed and goes up in value.

The only big investment chance I took recently was on the Boris/Sunno))) Altar record. My friend was having crazy success buying these new metal records for himself and a copy to sell later. He told me the Altar was going to be a sure thing (BUY BUY BUY). But then they kept pressing more and more colors in runs of 2000 until none of them seem to be worth much except the Japanese ones which are probably just harder to get in general.

He bought some boris record at their show and turned around and sold it for $250... that was before they eventually released the same pressing and it was just a $20 record again.

Ween's latest is limited to 2000 - no brainer there. I haven't heard it yet but I hear it's better than Quebec and as good or better than White Pepper and those are already up there at $50+.

A record that you might still find in stores that is out of print is Animal Collective - Sung Tongs.

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    yeah i was about to say Boris and southern lord shit... not to mention black metal stuff.. the more evil and shitty sounding the better

• "special" trap door version

Test presses w/ handmade covers?

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    What's the story with that Quasimoto 45 with two fashiony girls on the cover with their faces blotted out by paint? I have it at home, but would not even be able to tell you the songs on it...

• That Sharon Jones 45 with the "I just checked in to see what condition my condition was in".....is cake I think.

Too bad ... as mine has a seemingly unfixable skip in it.

Yeah, it's probably worth a little because they could never release it officially (didn't clear the rights to the song). They recorded it for some British commercial and pressed up the 45 because, I believe, there was such a demand for it that someone had actually pressed a bootleg (Sugarman told me the story a while back ... not sure I trust my memory). Anyway, they only sold it at shows and through the site ... making it more "raer" for most. The band wasn't too excited about it as they just used Betty Lavette's arrangement. Though I'm sure there was a bit of modesty there. They tear that song apart.

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts
    this cumfunnel's shit is raer and goes for loot

I seriously thought this was Kala for a second.

SON
    DON"T USE THE LORD's NAME IN THE VIEN OF THE GAME

The Lord could spell "vain" correctly.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    That tour-only LCD Soundsystem/Arcade Fire 7" will probably go for loot. It has LCD Soundsystem covering Joy Division on No Love Lost, and Arcade Fire covering Serge Gainsbourg's Poupee de Cire, Poupee de Son.

They were going for around $25 until the last few appeared in DFA's webstore for $5. A sound investment, I think.

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts
    What's the story with that Quasimoto 45 with two fashiony girls on the cover with their faces blotted out by paint? I have it at home, but would not even be able to tell you the songs on it...

Is that the Hittin' Hooks 7"? I have most '99-'03 Stones Throw 7"s, no idea if they're valuable.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    that's the one!the sped up voice thing drives me nuts.

• LazerLazer 796 Posts
    I bought both the Mermaid Ave (Wilco) albums when they came out on vinyl. Please to send fat wads of cash in envelope.