~RAER RECORDS OF THE LAST 7 YEARS 2000-2007~

Comments

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    I made a mint when I sold my early White Stripes records a few years ago.

There are actually a ton of recent records that are worth a lot, a lot of the limited noise/metal/"new weird America"/etc type shit goes for crazy money, especially the hip groups and limited stuff.

I made probably $1000 when I sold my Boris records (Japanese metal/drone band), and I bought the computer I'm typing on right now by selling my Isis records (hardcore/metal band).

• When will my Daptone / SoulFire 45s start fetching $ ?

I think I've seen a few of those Soul Fire 45's going for over $50 on eBay. "You Better Think Twice" has for sure. Not $$$, but definitely $. But that's on Desco, so I guess it doesn't count huh?

Yeah, Desco 45s have been worth money for a while now. In my experience you can squeeze $10 or $15 on a really good day out of some of the Soul Fire 45s.

• phatmoneysackphatmoneysack Melbourne 1,124 Posts
    Australian Hip Hop.

Many 12s and LPs from artists who 7 years later have now blown up or are now clearly recognised as originators or innovators in the scene are going for some serious coin.

Also in my opinion the massive demand for older aussie hip hop has increased because most of the new shit is

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts
    I remember that Too SHort - Burn Rubber promo was selling for over $40 on the bay. I bought mine at labcabin for like $6 and was pretty when I first saw it going for decent money.

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    This thread is almost like the ones asking record dealers how they
    track down collections. If I tell you the stuff I'm finding and flipping for
    good $$$ then more people are up on it and the less I find of it.
    Do your research, figure it out, that's what I did.
    OK here's one I just sold, this one isn't my auction, I think my
    copy went for $83.

Post y2k hip hop raer

• Orgone - funky nassau 7"
    (I've sold several copies of this for $50+)

Do you know if the yellow vinyl 12" of this is also worth money?

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    When will my Daptone / SoulFire 45s start fetching $ ?

I think I've seen a few of those Soul Fire 45's going for over $50 on eBay. "You Better Think Twice" has for sure. Not $$$, but definitely $. But that's on Desco, so I guess it doesn't count huh?

Yeah, Desco 45s have been worth money for a while now. In my experience you can squeeze $10 or $15 on a really good day out of some of the Soul Fire 45s.

Most of the Desco titles are from the late 90's though, only a couple came out as late as 1999/2000. I think that the Funky Moon Sugarman Three 45 on Soul Fire goes for slightly higher than list, but for the most part I believe these 45s are still widely available.

Some of the Memphix catalog generates interest. I'm still looking for a copy of the first Rehash 7".

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    Placebo Sessions 2LP
    Marc Moulin: Sam Suffy first reissue...

About 50% (Kinetic will vouch) of the past 7 years of Australian hip-hop.... I'm talking records released only 3 years ago going for a swift $1000 on eBay....

etc.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    This thread is almost like the ones asking record dealers how they track down collections.

Wait, aren't you the guy who just 2 days ago was praising popsike for telling you what indie rock records to grip?

This thread is almost like the ones asking record dealers how they track down collections.

Wait, aren't you the guy who just 2 days ago was praising popsike for telling you what indie rock records to grip?

Isn't Popsike research?
    Just when I start to forget what about hcrink rubs me the wrong way.
    He reminds me.

Isn't Popsike research?
    He reminds me.

SORRY TO DIVULGE YOUR TRADE SECRETS??? DUDE

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts

About 50% (Kinetic will vouch) of the past 7 years of Australian hip-hop.... I'm talking records released only 3 years ago going for a swift $1000 on eBay....

etc.

It's crazy what some aussie hip-hop is going for. It's almost like as soon as it goes out of print, it goes up in value. And we're talking easily $100+ on more than half the titles in circulation. In many cases a few hundred.

Hilltop Hoods albums have gone for almost $1000 in the past, and frequently for around $300-500.

• phatmoneysackphatmoneysack Melbourne 1,124 Posts

etc.

It's crazy what some aussie hip-hop is going for. It's almost like as soon as it goes out of print, it goes up in value.

And some case it occurs while records are still in print - does anyone recall that "Hard Road" LP going for $80+ on the bay, while you could still find it in the shops sealed for $35.

People would buy shit without even thinking.

Isn't Popsike research?
    He reminds me.

I didn't say I had some f%*kin magic trick to find out about things that
    are selling well. Getting out and about looking for artists, labels, colored vinyl,
    limited edition etc etc. helps immensely.
    I love how all you added to this thread was vague info, no specifics and then
    capping on me. Seems like your usual MO.
    At least I gave a concrete example.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts

etc.

It's crazy what some aussie hip-hop is going for. It's almost like as soon as it goes out of print, it goes up in value. And we're talking easily $100+ on more than half the titles in circulation. In many cases a few hundred.

Hilltop Hoods albums have gone for almost $1000 in the past, and frequently for around $300-500.

I saw my own record go for $80 once...

It's still in print too at some stores!

CELPHTITLEDRAER!

Isn't Popsike research?
    He reminds me.

are selling well. Getting out and about looking for artists, labels, colored vinyl,

Dude, I have nothing against you but sometimes you say funny things and often times seem almost proud of your ignorance. I just found it funny that you were getting all paranoid in this thread while meanwhile you are the vocal poster-boy for selling records you found out about while trolling popsike. I seriously doubt this thread will cause hoards of people to descend upon your "spot" and buy up all the Flaming Lips lp's you wanted to "flip" for reggae.

Isn't Popsike research?
    He reminds me.

Dude, I have nothing against you but sometimes you say funny things and often times seem almost proud of your ignorance. I just found it funny that you were getting all paranoid in this thread while meanwhile you are the vocal poster-boy for selling records you found out about while trolling popsike. I seriously doubt this thread will cause hoards of people to descend upon your "spot" and buy up all the Flaming Lips lp's you wanted to "flip" for reggae.

Proud of my ignorance?
    What is that supposed to mean?
    I wasn't getting paranoid, I was just saying get your hands dirty.
    Not run to the internet and get yourself a list from people who do.
    I love how everyone caps on the "grip and flip" and yet they are doing the same
    damn thing.
    Oh sorry I'm sure you just do it for the love of music and turning people on to
    barely listenable private lounge turds.
    And you still didn't give this thread a title to look for.
    Classic.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    teehee you guys are funny!

• CPeetz has a hair trigger...Best to step light, y'all.

Check for the Kamikaze Hearts 'Foxhole Prayers EP'. Future twangrock $$$$ joint.

and I bought the computer I'm typing on right now by selling my Isis records (hardcore/metal band).

shit, my sister is sitting on a pile of late 90's/early 00's hardcore/screamo/metal 7"s.

my friend since high school is a noise band (Raccoo-oo-oon) and their records/tapes seem to shoot up in value pretty much immediately. he got back from tour recently and said he saw some of his bands records going for $50 in NYC already, and they just started releasing shit a couple years ago.

crazy shit, one of the dudes gave me their whole discography as a trade for a 15-band EQ the other day. maybe i should hold onto this shit for a little bit.

heres my guess: hold onto any brand new noise shit if you find it cheap, thats where its at right now. tapes, records, whatever. im friends with tons of these noise kids. tons of hand-screened covers and super small tape labels.

• I wasn't getting paranoid, I was just saying get your hands dirty.

Isn't this EXACTLY what you do?

Weren't you the one who said that popsike being down was messing with your "side hustle"? Is catching the mistakes at your local record shop (or worse yet - intentional cheapies for people who can't afford ebay) "getting your hands dirty"?

Too rich in irony for my taste

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    I love how everyone caps on the "grip and flip" and yet they are doing the same
    damn thing.

EXACTLY

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    this cumfunnel's shit is raer and goes for loot

I seriously thought this was Kala for a second.

• Some of us actually take this very seriously to the point of investing our lives and resources in it. Others just see it as a way to pad their pockets. Whatever.

yeah right. where's the eye rolling graemlin? oops, wrong board.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    hold up, let me change my avatar to a record I'm trying to move 'quantity' on...

I wasn't getting paranoid, I was just saying get your hands dirty.

Isn't this EXACTLY what you do?

Weren't you the one who said that popsike being down was messing with your "side hustle"? Is catching the mistakes at your local record shop (or worse yet - intentional cheapies for people who can't afford ebay) "getting your hands dirty"?

Too rich in irony for my taste

For some genre's yes popsike is a big help, but it's certainly isn't where I've gained
    even 1% of my musical knowledge. I've been buying records since the 80's, I guess that's
    what I mean by getting your hands dirty.
    I spend alot of time running around to all kinds of places to find records. Some cheap, some not so cheap,
    some I know I can sell for a profit, and many more that I can't. Ones I buy on a hunch, or a look
    or a label, or a sound.
    And if I actually find some reggae or hip-hop I need, I keep it.
    Which around here isn't that often so to afford my habit I sell records on the internets.
    If that's a crime I'm guilty as charged.

One question is Good Records a non-profit?
    Selling raers to under privileged kids from the Lower East Side perhaps.
    Charging only one dollar over cost...

• deLYSdeLYS 388 Posts
    I heard of Racoooooooooooon and youre right. I don't know how to say their name, but I know that shit is $.
    The money for noise stuff has replaced a lot of the money screamo stuff used to fetch, which I think is really going down in value because all the kids are now toking up and droning out. Cassette tapes which was once a format continued exclusively in hip hop and black metal are now analog replacements for cds and sometimes records from noise/punk scene bands. They can be worth a whole shitload because a lot of these young bands score a bajillion in the hype/cool department amongst a lot of trust fund types of kids that like buying "vinyls". I don't know how long I'd hold on to certain things because the next thing you know the same kids are on to the next big thing and the price drops. They reissue everything, and once the reissue is out the prices always drop in half. With the two Botch full lengths the price went down so much when they publicized the reissues which I heard about a year ago, and they still haven't even released the first one yet.(A year ago you'd get around 80 USD and the last time I sold it I got $14.99 for)

The Coalesce 7" they had last Friday on their reunion tour sold out the first two shows. I'm sure that's gonna flare up and sell big on ebay when it hits. A lot of these indy bands on the fringes of mainstream attention can press 500 records, sell a load and make them rare by divying out the rest amongst themselves to sell on ebay. I wouldn't call it a scam, if they can get a little $ on the underground so be it. The bone is just as lean above. With a little more acid reflux and red tape. I guess keeping your own records to put on ebay is a DIY endeavor in a way.