watch out...

*paging edith*

"No contract, no work..."

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    watch out...

*paging edith*

hahahaha, i like you now.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Assault is that dude! "There some hoes in this house, if you see em' point em' out!" Bevan, What's good mayne?

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    Might be NSFW, so for all you lazy asses out there:

• He played here in Newcastle about 5 or 6 years ago and he was , unfortunately the crowd here was made up of "Techno Crusties" and not strippers...

• Craig's a really cool dude, real laid back and down to earth in person. Totally the opposite of his "DJ Assault" alter ego. When I first met him it threw me for a loop as I expected him to be a wild, ass n titties fueled party monster.

I love those Assault and Electro Funk records. They're just so raw and fun.

MCF

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    i saw dude in miami and it was fun
    but last time this topic came up peeps on soulstrut weren't quite gettin it
    can't sleep on dj funk neither

• Saw him in Rotterdam in May. He came on, took the turntables apart (?) and absolutely blew the shitty house DJ before him away.

He was

Also of interest if you're into the whole Ghetto-Tech stuff:

Disco D, night at the booty bar
    DJ Jizzmatron.

Dj Assault will not be remembered as the greatest lyricist of all time, but he is hilarious.

• tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    i dont really know any dj assault stuff, he seems to have some internets cachet that guys like dj funk, dj deeon etc. don't get? is it cuz he's from Detroit, and there aren't as many dudes doing it there? is 'ghettotech' hipper than ghetto house? is it the disco d association?

i'm not dissing or anything, i'm not v. familiar with dj assault. it just seems weird to me when folks are all 'yeah he's so lewd!' because like, well duh. so is most juke house or miami bass or bmore club whatever else

• vajdaijvajdaij 447 Posts
    Assault is my man. His straight up detroit shit series is raw, too. I love that shit!

I think the Surgeon is rawer, tho

• jaysusjaysus 787 Posts
    Finally a topic i can speak somewhat inteligently on.

Ghetto house was born out of the house scene in south side chicago, the semi-official godfather of ghetto house and my personal favorite is Dj Deeon. Dj deeon released mixtapes featuring house tracks from the Dance Mania and Cajual labels.

Some influential tracks:

Mike Dunn - Magic Feet - Muzique
    Eric Martin - Hit it From the Back - Dance Mania
    DJ Funk - Pump It - Cosmic
    DJ Deeon - Da Horz - Dance Mania
    Debo (DJ Deeon) - Let Me Bang - Dance Mania
    DJ Deeon - SWYMGY - Dance Mania
    Lil?? Louis - Original Video Clash - Dance Mania
    Jammin Gerald- Move It - Dance Mania
    Cajmere - Coffee Pot - (Percolator) - Club House
    Fast Eddie - Hip House '89' - DJ International

Other great artists: Paul Johnson, Dj chip, Robert Armani, Dj boogie, Dj milton, Dj sluggo.

But the track that made ghetto/booty house famous "Ass & Titties" was born in techno's birthplace of detroit in '96 by the production team of Craig Adams and Ade' Mainor, aka Mr. De.] released as Dj Assault.

Dj Assault is the only prolific ghetto house producer we have left that is release his records for cheap ($6.50!!!) which was definately Dance Mania's style.

My current personal favorite:
    Livin' the {good life} http://www.labcabin.com/assets/audio/17419/141782.ram

IMO the only difference between ghetto house and ghetto tech is that tech is faster and has a cleaner straight up techno sound where ghetto house tends to be grittier and have more rapping/vocals.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts

Certified old-school house classic. See also: Steve Poindexter's "Work That Muthafucka".

I used to like a lot of the shit that Relief and Cajual were putting out in the mid-90s.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

that dance mania shit is fire
    love that dj funk 'pump'n the trax' tape from '95, ends with do or die's 'no love'!

• Anyone recommend where I cop some mixtapes by these guys from ???

• Options
    Disco D, night at the booty bar

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    Plaese to post more tunes, I love this stuff.

DJ Godfather has some serial bangers too.

• jaysusjaysus 787 Posts
    My favorite ghetto house mix of all time - Unknown DJ:

• Straight Up Detroit Shit Vol. 1 - DJ Assault

MCF

• jaysusjaysus 787 Posts
    A grab bag of mp3's chip, nephets, funk, assault, godfather.

DivShare File - juke_trax.zip

• DJ Family from Japan = off the fucking hooooook.

• deepbrntdeepbrnt 241 Posts
    Who did the 'you can be the bun...and i can be the burger, girl' song, that shit is crazy. It sounds like DJ Assault or Disco D or something

• The Raise UpThe Raise Up Golden Years... wah wah wah 452 Posts
    Who did the 'you can be the bun...and i can be the burger, girl' song, that shit is crazy. It sounds like DJ Assault or Disco D or something

Detroit Grand Pubahs

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

That was Sandwiches by Detroit Grand Pubah. I always liked that one. "Out here on the daaaaaance floor!" Damn, that reminds me of freshman year of college!

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

beat me.

• Rich45sRich45s 327 Posts

See also: Steve Poindexter's "Work That Muthafucka".

Oh yes. Most apt thing the now defunct Muzik magazine wrote about anything. A kick drum from a council estate on the wrong side of hell.

• Options
    My favorite ghetto house mix of all time - Unknown DJ:

Thanks for posting this, I've been bumping it a couple weeks now.

• Mike Dunn - Magic Feet - Muzique

I played both of these last night at Paycheck and Donger's birfday extravaganza, causing great elation amongst a select few former club kids and indifference mixed with scorn from a bunch of whitebelt buttholes.

• Options

I played both of these last night at Paycheck and Donger's birfday extravaganza, causing great elation amongst a select few former club kids and indifference mixed with scorn from a bunch of whitebelt buttholes.

Download that mix right there above your post, a couple of the records you played last night are on there including the Poindexter joint. It sucked I had to leave right as Donger went on, but no way would I have made it home if I didn't get out of there then. Good time though!

• The Raise UpThe Raise Up Golden Years... wah wah wah 452 Posts
    Another mix to add, this one's by french house producers/dj's Jess & Crabbe, it consists of mostly old Dance Mania tracks (DJ Rush, DJ Funk, Trackmasters, Waxmaster, Parris Mitchell etc.). I played this a lot a few years ago.

http://senduit.com/980b34