DJ ASSAULT APPRECIATION THREAD

2»

Comments

• My favorite ghetto house mix of all time - Unknown DJ:

Thanks for posting this, I've been bumping it a couple weeks now.

It would please me greatly to have even a partial track listing for this shit. Anyone, anyone? DOR, I'm looking right at you here!

• Options
    My favorite ghetto house mix of all time - Unknown DJ:

It would please me greatly to have even a partial track listing for this shit. Anyone, anyone? DOR, I'm looking right at you here!

That's one thing that's killed me about house and techno all these years. You hear great songs on diferent mixes or at different parties and even if I ask someone what track it is I can't remember it the next day. Same thing the next week with the same song usually.

• The Raise UpThe Raise Up Golden Years... wah wah wah 452 Posts

Short documentary about some of the guys @ Dance Mania

• My favorite ghetto house mix of all time - Unknown DJ:

That's one thing that's killed me about house and techno all these years. You hear great songs on diferent mixes or at different parties and even if I ask someone what track it is I can't remember it the next day. Same thing the next week with the same song usually.

EXACTLY. Like most of the stuff I played the other night was shit I heard on a regular basis at parties over the years and basically I went around bother people being like "do you know that one song that goes Tear Down the Wall blah blah blah" and like humming basslines and shit until people put me on to it, but there's so much more I still need to figure out.

• Saw him in Rotterdam in May. He came on, took the turntables apart (?)

I believe that he is adjusting the brake on the 1200s...

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    when i go back to detroit to visit my folks, i ride hard to this stuff when its blasted on the radio...

whats that UR epic joint? i think i had this 12".. the flip was a 4hero rub? track is bonkers.

• when i go back to detroit to visit my folks, i ride hard to this stuff when its blasted on the radio...
    It's the only decent thing about Detroit urban contemporary radio. This always gets played and it's not relegated to a 2am timeslot. You can hear it sometimes for the Eggs-'n'-Grits mix in the morning. Or the noon mix or the rush hour mix...

What y'all know about jittin' and jukin' though?

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    Shame he included Paul Johnson, Stardust & Bucketheads, cause those are classics you WILL get tired of.

• What y'all know about jittin' and jukin' though?

We just got this DVD in ("Jit Vs. Juke") at work and I'm very excited to watch it. Gonna pick it up tomorrow.

MCF