Anybody Seen RIZE Yet?

Comments

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    I'm not into clowns, but these cats can dance. And they do have a couple girls with them (not saying that makes everyone striaght, but it's not all guys). They were on Leno the other night and they were really good. I rether they dropped the clown thing and just did the cool danceing, but hey everyone needs a gimmick to get noticed.

Plus, this is way better than the fools on Dance 360. BTW Did you catch the other night when they had actuall B-Boys? That was some good breakin'

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

what I'm trying to say here, though, is that I'm pretty sure most of these guys are gay.

AYO!!!!!!

Ref--can I get a call?

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts

I am NOT here to sell you on seeing this movie. But, I AM surprised that some people (on here) have the heart to shit on the extension of a cultural/urban artform and pigeonhole it with such recklessness - without even seeing the movie!

you haven't seen it either

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

what I'm trying to say here, though, is that I'm pretty sure most of these guys are gay.

AYO!!!!!!

Ref--can I get a call?

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

I am NOT here to sell you on seeing this movie. But, I AM surprised that some people (on here) have the heart to shit on the extension of a cultural/urban artform and pigeonhole it with such recklessness - without even seeing the movie!

you haven't seen it either

And have yet to make a single judgement about it.

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts

AYO!!!!!!

Ref--can I get a call?

[sarcasm] yeah man watching a movie about an emerging urban art is hella soft, shiiit! you'll never see my diamonds and floor length mink coat up in that suspect ass shit! [/sarcasm]

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts

AYO!!!!!!

Ref--can I get a call?

Unnecessary use of AYO. 10-meter penalty.*

*HAZ is Canadian, so CFL rules apply.

• Are you guys fucking serious? This shit looks *exploitive deleted* ! Two sweaty guys with no shirts on and make up? And that is what you guys want to go see? Honestly, do any of these Krumper guys have father figures? I know if I seen my son doing that shit I'd slap him on Sunday and be waiting for him on Monday!

gay or not, krumping is super corny

cosign (minus the gay thing). and no way they're like Crazy Legs! to me its another disposable dance form, and it hurts to say that because everyone participates but then'll drop this dance soon like everything else (*see harlem shake). then this movie'll be novelty "look-at-how-they-danced-in-05" shit. you know its just ONE move! everything they add for "flavor" past the one move is miscellanious mediocre shit, nothing exclusive to the dance.

even if you're salty with the b-boy scene, that shit deserves this docu-theatrical exposure waay more than this corny shit.

and i think mr. deerock supreme can lay some of these guys out too (no ayo).

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    emerging urban art

emerging urban art

What does Archaic have to do with this? or is that a picture of "NGA FISH"?

emerging urban art

I know very little about dancing, but plenty about being who and what you are no matter what people try to put on you. This movie seems to speak directly to that spirit.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Honestly, do any of these Krumper guys have father figures? I know if I seen my son doing that shit I'd slap him on Sunday and be waiting for him on Monday!

it's folks such as yourself that should be defending our country... on the front lines. you're probably just bummed about the whole Killen verdict. also, maybe you should start thinking about a vasectomy, then you wouldn't have to slap your children. just a thought..

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Dont take clowns too seriously.

• $8.00 too seriously.

$8.00 too seriously.
    $10.50 out here.

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts

Batmon, that shit is focused!

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    aceyalone was krumpin' years before these folls.

h

Batmon, that shit is focused!

Next Level Shit, Son.

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    aceyalone was krumpin' years before these folls.

h

DO NOT LET ARCHAIC SEE THAT!

• Rize's soundtrack features music by Cali emcee and choreographer Flii Stylz, as well as underground fave Planet Asia, London's own Dizee Rascal, and Pop queen Christina Aguilera. The CD, which is in stores now, comes with an enhanced "How to Krump" instructional video[/b].

doooooooooope!!!!!!

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    London's own Dizee Rascal, and Pop queen Christina Aguilera.

Do you think he introduces himself as, "what's up, I'm London's own Dizee Rascal?"

I mean, we already know Christina is like, "hey y'all, I'm Pop queen Christina Aguilera...can I get a twenty sack?"

Just got back from the film and would like to say a few things:

Seeing this documentary was an absolutely amazing, unique and powerful experience. RIZE is about making something from nothing, creating love, hope and community through personal expression. It???s about lifting others up and bringing joy to an otherwise oppressed and hopeless situation with the natural art and spirit of dance. Please do not ignore or forget that these art forms were born from the ashes of South Central Los Angeles, not some cornball, middle-America city. There is a reason why young men and women choose this as an outlet.

One of the most arresting parts of the movie is a sequence that juxtaposes traditional African dance with Krump. It???s a montage that puts all of this in its historically rich and proper context. This is an art form that may never bleed over the border of southern California, but through this film the world has a chance to see and be affected by it.

You are kidding yourself if you think this isn???t rooted in the essence of the Black-African experience.[/b]

You are kidding yourself if you think this isn???t rooted in the essence of hip-hop.[/b]

Reading back though the thread after seeing the documentary, it???s silly how such strong negative opinions are based on such superficial perceptions.

I said earlier that I wasn???t here to convince you all to see this movie, but I can???t sit here now and not recommend strongly that you do. What you???ll see in 90 minutes may not change your life, but recognize that it has influenced and saved the lives of many.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    it???s silly how such strong negative opinions are based on such superficial perceptions.

Fools are mad cuz they are STRAIGHT BOOTY with their dance moves.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    it???s silly how such strong negative opinions are based on such superficial perceptions.

Fools are mad cuz they are STRAIGHT BOOTY with their dance moves.

dude, I'm sayin...When I was in London last year, they had this bboy dance showcase thing going on and Vagabonds Crew was there from France, Project Soul from Korea, some UK bboy crew, and Tommy the Klown and his Krumpers were there as well.

After the show, my boy Hooch had his weekly bboy club night going on and all the crews went over there, they had a circle going and these Krumper fools walked in and stepped in the circle and started trying to battle with their Krump moves...fools were straight laughing. 2 of my homies are pop lockers and they stepped in and battled these fools, straight servin em with poppin routines and ill tut routines...even some dope freestyle house type shit, every time the Krumper kids came back, they did the SAME EXACT SHIT!!! and people were like "WTF???" it got to the point where half the club was booing them cause they had ZERO fuckin creativity, the only ones giving them any props was themselves...ohhh they loved themselves. eventually the circle just moved away from them, haha.

Later than night Easy Rock from Rock Steady battled the Korean kids and straight SERVED them...then proceeded to faint like 5 min later cause dude has athsma and it's fuckin smoky in the clubs over there...weird night.

what was the point of that?! hurrah for the Rock Steady Crew?

I am saying folks such as yourself are mad cuz yall are STRAIGHT BOOTY with yours!

seriously though, many types of hip-hop oriented dances/competitions are somewhat corny. 'til you realize you've never done it yourself. It's self-expression. I one for although not a huge fan of dance competitions and what not, can respect it for what it is....self-expression. nothing more, nothing less.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Any LA peoples know anything about krumping? Have you ever seen this live?

just saw Tommy and his crew for the umpteenth time last weekend at the homies lil kids birthday party...they even had a new routine to the Big Beat break(very dope) ...having Tommy the clown perform at your kids party out here is very essential ...dude is like a ghetto icon ...the performances are pretty damn good too....YES its kinda ghey for grown men to be really into crumpin' but as far as the kids its very positive & entertaining...and i'm taking the kids to go see the movie tommorow....shit is positive so im wit it......
    countdown has begun for the suburban kids to start crunpin.....

dude gets $300+ an hour to perform at these parties

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    what was the point of that?! hurrah for the Rock Steady Crew?

haha, I mentioned Easy Rock at the end of that story and that's all you got from it? oy vey

and how did you get that I was mad from that?...I was just saying those Krumpers got served by a couple of bboys.

I've seen some dope Krumpers though, like in that new Skinny Puppy video, but the dudes in London just did the SAME THING OVER AND OVER, it wasn't real creative. But like I said...I've seen some dope dudes so I can't say they all suck.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    Excuse me.

i've read this entire thread about some heated viewpoints on krumpin'

now i would like to see some krumpin'

where does one view clowns dancing the krump?

thank you.

enjoy:
    RIZE