MAGENTIC - EVERYTHING OK??

bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
You, your home, your neigbourhood, your family??

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Real Talk

• Jamaica was saved a direct hit and there wasn't too much damage, according to the news - however, the entire power grid is off for the island (by government order) so I imagine it'll be a while before Maggie checks in. I had a sad convo with a big reggae collector last night who was assuming that entire chunks of Kingston would be washed out including a lot of music and history.

Glad to hear that it was mostly avoided...

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Just spoke to my friend who spoke to his family yesterday - and things are OK on their end, roofs blown off, trees down, that kind of thing. The big concern seems to be looting.

• i'm up in kingston now, power stil down, but on a generator @ the house and yeah, the fact this thing strayed south a bit seemed to lessen the blow significantly...trees and debris all over the place but from what i here of local assesment, no major flooding or nothing, just urging all over the radio that "the long arm of the law" will catch up with you if you gonna loot...?!? the record peoples i talked to before Dean hit was not too too concerned about losing ish and cause we didn't get the brunt, i'll go out on a tiny limb and say damage to any jewels and culture is not gonna be devastating...everybody seem to say 'Gilbert' back in the day or even 'Ivan' was the real schittttt. peace ya'll.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Yeah, Mag, hope you're doing well.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Yeah, Mag, hope you're doing well.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Just spoke to my friend who spoke to his family yesterday - and things are OK on their end, roofs blown off, trees down, that kind of thing. The big concern seems to be looting.

I'm sayin'. Don't be looting cause Bigga Ford will bust a cap in your ass!

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts

Everyone's ok,thanks for asking

Here's the Rundown

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Everyone's ok,thanks for asking

Here's the Rundown

Glad to see that you're okay, man.