VacationStrut

Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco (Mexico)Feel free to share your own flicks...

Comments

• this is wow! nice pics

• That's where I stayed, cheaper than most hotels in the US

The only thing I didn't get a flick of was the huevos rancheros they served every morning, which were even better than the mole pictured above

All of the flicks except the meal were either from my balcony or the beach just below it.

• nahuatl graffiti?

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Wow.

• Hi Johnny Paycheck:

I'm going to PV in a few weeks - never been before. It's a free corporate retreat gig, so of course we're posted up at the springbreakhotelmagalopolis. Hoping to ditch all the events and do our own thing.

I read the Red Cabbage Cafe is real good. Strolling the old town.

Any other activites, restaurants, stuff you (or anyone else) recommend?

Your pix are cool.

Thank you in advance!

br

• i guess this is potentially moving strut but here's some Puerto Rico photos of mine from this summer.

el yunque

restaurant near rincon

viejo san juan

weird ass hotel in viejo san juan

la perla

random camera phone pix

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts

random camera phone pix

GENIPS!!!!

Man Ive been trying to remember what that fruit was called for-e-ver....

then I saw the pic and automatically remembered. There was also this cactus fruit from the caribbean that I cant remember the name of, it was pink on the outside and white on the inside and reminded me of a kiwi with little black seeds. But soursop I will never forget!

Ive been thinking about going to Mexico for a dental vacation. I have a friend who got into a really bad accident this summer and needs all kinds of work done, I got some things I need to fix myself so I'm looking into it. 2 days of surgery followed by 6 days flying high up on the beach, I could handle that I think.

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    Puerto Vallarta is amazing.
    You went the right route staying in the old
    part of town, I've stayed in "springbreakpartytown"
    and "old town".
    They don't even compare.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Back in April.

Cuba!

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Nice pics! Here's a few photos from Savannah, GA.

• JoeMojoJoeMojo 720 Posts

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    Puerto Vallarta is amazing.
    You went the right route staying in the old
    part of town, I've stayed in "springbreakpartytown"
    and "old town".
    They don't even compare.

Very true. Probably 70% of the people who get the wristband vacation never even see the nice part.

Brokenrecord:
    Happy hour on the beach at sunset. Largo frozen margaritas and buckets of Pacificos.
    The best local food is in restaurants that don't look very popular, or from the street vendors (I'm veggie so I'm not vouching for the carne, but quesadillas etc are good and cheap). But there's an Italian restaurant in the old town that rocks. Also, if you have a cooker in your hotel room, local groceries are great, including the bags of refried beans that don't look super appetizing but cook it up dump on a plate and add tortillas, tomatoes, avocado, limes, and then consume on balcony with beer.

The beach where JP was at is probably the best for swimming (ie waves that won't kill you) and there's less crowds. Cheap weed as well.

I don't think it's whale watch season, but any of those nature type trips are pretty mind blowing.

Also recommend renting a car and driving up the coast to San Blas and Santiago Ixcuintla (mythical birthplace of the Aztecs) or inland to Santa Maria del Oro and the volcano at Jala.

• Israel in June

• Brokenrecord:
    Happy hour on the beach at sunset. Largo frozen margaritas and buckets of Pacificos.
    The best local food is in restaurants that don't look very popular, or from the street vendors (I'm veggie so I'm not vouching for the carne, but quesadillas etc are good and cheap). But there's an Italian restaurant in the old town that rocks. Also, if you have a cooker in your hotel room, local groceries are great, including the bags of refried beans that don't look super appetizing but cook it up dump on a plate and add tortillas, tomatoes, avocado, limes, and then consume on balcony with beer.

The beach where JP was at is probably the best for swimming (ie waves that won't kill you) and there's less crowds. Cheap weed as well.

I don't think it's whale watch season, but any of those nature type trips are pretty mind blowing.

Also recommend renting a car and driving up the coast to San Blas and Santiago Ixcuintla (mythical birthplace of the Aztecs) or inland to Santa Maria del Oro and the volcano at Jala.

SportCasual - Gracias Amigo!

Meistro - that sunset picture is amazing!

• Meistro - that sunset picture is amazing!

Thanks man! It is actually sunrise on top of Mt Masada, overlooking the dead sea. It was probably at least 90 degrees too and getting hotter by the minute...

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts
    this year i have some weeks off for the summer.
    no fancy hollidays. just enjoi the city and the sun.
    at night cook-outs on la balconia.

1 cast iron cassolette for the coals
    1 tahine for side-dishes
    1 percolator for strong black coffee
    1 cast iron frying pan for meat
    and kiloos of meat for me and my mates.

• south arizona is more fun than i thought it would be

giant asparagus plant

mega-mine structure

asian dude antique bottle stopper

hello bullets

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Your photography has officially gone next level.

• yeah but who's the goofy-looking dude getting in the way of all the pretty pictures?

• thanks but i can't take full credit. he took half the photos

• Super nice.

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts

Seriously. You people with expensive 67093400 Mega pixel cameras and photography degrees make it unfair on the rest of us.

But here are some from winter of last year:

• Every last one of those photos made me happy.

• Cool! Shady Dell! I stayed there once for New Years Eve...except we had a little stack of 45s in our trailer, no LPs...did you check out the guest book for your trailer? I found Eric Boucher(Jello Biafra) in ours....cool place!

• CBearCBear 902 Posts

Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco (Mexico)

Feel free to share your own flicks...

This is my favorite restaurant! I just made their Mol?? sauce a few days ago. My freezer is full of it. I tried to get a "internship" there to work for free in trade for tips and learning the recipes. My girl had to split early, so I copped their cook book and we drove home.

• CBearCBear 902 Posts
    My girl took us to Polynesia on her year-end bonus check. Heart you babe!

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Great pix in this thread. I haven't taken non-kid related vacation pix in a minute; had to go back a few years. These were from my two trips to Shanghai in 2002 and 2004:

• CBearCBear 902 Posts

!!!

• CBearCBear 902 Posts
    Desert trip a few weekends ago....

• EDITH!!! what kind of camera are you using?.. I have all these ideas ... but when I try them with my shitty camera they don't look right...