VacationStrut

2»

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

Beautiful.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I wanted to plug my friend Eugene's travel photography. He's an amateur (i.e. he doesn't do this for a living) but his eye for framing and ability to capture lighting is incredible. The thing is too: he doesn't use 1) digital, 2) an SLR or 3) post-processing. For a long time, most of his color photos were shot using a decent (but not crazy high-end) point-n-shoot.

Ethopia:

Morocco:

Turkey:

• La Casita Blanca?

• EDITH!!! what kind of camera are you using?.. I have all these ideas ... but when I try them with my shitty camera they don't look right...

my camera (canon sd1000) is pretty cheap. amazon has it for $175! i love it. i've recommended this camera to 2 folks and they love it. just get a plushy case for it in case you drop it because the downside of canon point and shoot cameras is the e18 error if you get clumsy which pretty much makes it useless.

i never shoot at the highest MP because i only have a 1gb card and the files end up being too big and take forever to upload. i don't think you need to worry about tons of MP unless you plan on making prints and are going to blow em up

• Cool! Shady Dell! I stayed there once for New Years Eve...except we had a little stack of 45s in our trailer, no LPs...did you check out the guest book for your trailer? I found Eric Boucher(Jello Biafra) in ours....cool place!

yeah i loved the Shady Dell. such a cute place! which trailer did you stay in? i read a few entries in the guestbook, but i didn't get a chance to really read through cause it was minutes before check out time.

• Cool! Shady Dell! I stayed there once for New Years Eve...except we had a little stack of 45s in our trailer, no LPs...did you check out the guest book for your trailer? I found Eric Boucher(Jello Biafra) in ours....cool place!

yeah i loved the Shady Dell. such a cute place! which trailer did you stay in? i read a few entries in the guestbook, but i didn't get a chance to really read through cause it was minutes before check out time.

dont remember the name but if you were standing in front of the cafe facing it, if you walked left we were the second from last trailer on the right...it was red I remember...I have pics somewhere, Ill see if I can find them...I was quite fond of Bisbee as well, had an amazing meal at a little place in town and some good wine. Southern AZ is great!