IT HAPPENED

WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
Forgive me if this was already posted....I was just....sort of.....taken by surprise.http://cgi.ebay.com/MATTHEW-LARKIN-CASSE...7QQcmdZViewItem

Comments

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
    Please delete this thread.

• bobbydeebobbydee 849 Posts

• anyone know who this spponybard2 is?

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    is this the 2nd pressing of the album?

the ones i saw in japan were black and white cover with his face on it??? anyone know the dill?

b

• is this the 2nd pressing of the album?

the ones i saw in japan were black and white cover with his face on it??? anyone know the dill?

b

different lp...you saw his 2nd. btw how many copies did you see ?

b

I saw 3 copies in total, 2 were offered to me by one of the bidders on the auction now. The other was in Disk Union for 20,000 yen. I'm kinda kicking myself for not grabbing it, this was before the comp and I was strapped for cash. Japan is the type of place that will turn that thing up tho

Yo hit me with your digits dude, I still got that record I played you on the phone here.

B

b

Also the black and white album with his face on it had "in my life" on it too... are they different versions?

peace.

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts

b

Also the black and white album with his face on it had "in my life" on it too... are they different versions?

peace.

Nah you've just got it a little mixed up. Those were the only records he pressed - Pieces and Matt The Cat (and the 45). I assure you - there were no alternate versions. I think about 500 copies of Pieces and maybe aroun 900 of Matt The Cat.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    are u sure this i this is osul and / or funk?txs

LOLOLOLOLOLOL @ marcofunk

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

haha and EXTRA props to Mike for actually
    DEFLECTING marcofunk, knowing he can get bread
    anyway without having to deal with his bullshit!

It is NOT a funk or soul album. It is a singer/songwriter album with jazz/soul elements Please do not bid on this item if you do not know what it is

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

haha and EXTRA props to Mike for actually
    DEFLECTING marcofunk, knowing he can get bread
    anyway without having to deal with his bullshit!

It is NOT a funk or soul album. It is a singer/songwriter album with jazz/soul elements Please do not bid on this item if you do not know what it is

awesome

he shoulda asked marco what osul is?

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    LOLOLOLOLOLOL @ funky breakz dudes sweating private SSW

• Heres the pic posted by Womisah in the 'does it exist' thread from a week or so ago:

[image width="500" height=500]http://www.divshare.com/img/1437391-499.JPG[/img]

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    LOLOLOLOLOLOL @ funky breakz dudes sweating private SSW

What's really hilarious is, NOWHERE in the listing
    does it say "funk" or "soul" or anything ... but his
    question is "are you sure this is funk or soul?"

oh, wait - you weren't making fun of
    marcofunk, you were talking about soul strut ...

• Taking bets on how much this will go for...i spoke to a man today who usually will drop $$ on joints like this. $500 for matt the cat. sheep... maybe you saw a boot if it had in my life.
    pming you.

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    Kon, is there a reissue planned in the near future of MLC's work?
    I'd really like to hear what his other tracks sound like.

• MikeZeroMikeZero 215 Posts
    Oh yesssss! I'm stoked this is getting some attention here. Should I break any hearts and tell you what part of the country's Craigslist listing I got this from? Strangely, I found my personal copy (which is in shrink with Matt's name and phone # on the back) at a local Salvo about two years ago (yes, in Omaha!).

I always wondered what it was "worth" and would randomly do a popsike/ebay search to see. Never found anything until a few weeks back while doing a google search. No values, but the first google listing was for a Craigslist record collection with this in it. I got another cool record from the same listing too (no, not Matt the Cat).

the black and white cover joint, definitly had in my life on it, and it wasn't a bootleg, I've not seen another copy of it since Japan... it was black and white with a close up of his face on it....

I'm 100% certain I heard that track on it???

b

jesus....people really seem to be checking for this....peep the latest...

http://cgi.ebay.com/MATTHEW-LARKIN-CASSE...1QQcmdZViewItem

• the black and white cover joint, definitly had in my life on it, and it wasn't a bootleg, I've not seen another copy of it since Japan... it was black and white with a close up of his face on it....

I'm 100% certain I heard that track on it???

b

the back of the lp has a pic of his face in black and white...the one on ebay now. the all black and white titled matt the cat, does not have in my life. those are the only 2 things lp wise hes ever done. so if this lp you saw was matt the cat with in my life it was a boot.i speak to matt on the reg.

anyway..its past $500 now...what do yall think its gonna end at ?

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
    Damn, that's a hefty price tag! I didn't think kinetic's prediction was going to hold up, but wow. Good call!

word K**,

The record I saw looked dusty, was definitley old, had in my life on it, had a price tag on it from Aarons or something, had his face BIG in black and white, must have been a US boot or something. Very weird. I'm gunna call dude now and get him to e-mail me a picture of it so I can post it cuz it's peeving me off now.

peace.

....final price $1,162.77. This is about $600 more than I initially thought it was going to go for.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Damn, that's a hefty price tag! I didn't think kinetic's prediction was going to hold up, but wow. Good call!

haha I had to try and stop myself from looking at this after it hit $500. But I couldn't look away.

I would also have predicted the winner would be one marcofunk.

Is this the new Bean Dip or whut?

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    It's certainly tasty

• I would also have predicted the winner would be one marcofunk.

Marcofunk only buys genuine osul. None of this SSW with osul moves.

Oh is he a big deal buyer? I've sold to him quite a few times but didn't know he had a rep...

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    i would feel horrible if i spent more than $25 on a vg record.

• Oh is he a big deal buyer? I've sold to him quite a few times but didn't know he had a rep...

I sell to him all the time too, but yes, he is the most discussed ebay personality on this message board. Take a look at his bidding history some time and break out some popcorn.