Jay Electronica MP3 request

Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
Can one of you folls plaese post the MP3s of this "Jay Electronica" guy I keep hearing about? Thank you,Chan

Comments

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Thank you John!

• check out just blaze's blog. www.themegatrondon2.com

search around he has a whole bunch of jay stuff. He's about to start working on his album real soon.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    This dude is great he just needs to change his lame name.
    His style wars ep stays bumping hard through my puter speakers.

• I was about to do a post about dude. He seems like some dude out of leftfield than all of a suddent got in with the right people. Is it because he??s dating Erykah Badu_. What Im saying is that imma little skeptical of dude, sort of reminds me of what Betty Davis was doing BITD.

I did like that one track where he??s rapping over the soundtrack to spotless mind.Thought he was coming with it.

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    Have I not been trying to get up with you for weeks now?! I have a lot of his songs. Get with me.

• HamHam 872 Posts
    i've had "victory is in my clutches" on the ipod for months. haven't found anything else by him, but i guess i should get that style wars ep then!

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Have I not been trying to get up with you for weeks now?! I have a lot of his songs. Get with me.

LOL! Big hommie, I posted this back in August. We'll link up late tonight or tomorrow and get our microwave on.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,917 Posts
    I was about to do a post about dude. He seems like some dude out of leftfield than all of a suddent got in with the right people. Is it because he??s dating Erykah Badu_. What Im saying is that imma little skeptical of dude, sort of reminds me of what Betty Davis was doing BITD.

I did like that one track where he??s rapping over the soundtrack to spotless mind.Thought he was coming with it.

I kinda see your point (although I had no idea he was dating Erykah Badu), but what's impressed me about him is the way he manages to sound different without constantly banging on about how different he is, in that "look at me" way that a lot of rappers in broadly the same ballpark as him might do - better or worse, he's just doing him and getting on with it. Lupe Fiasco's rhyming-over-UNKLE-instrumentals ass could take a few lessons from him, for instance. As handles go, though, "Jay Electronica" makes me wince.

• I was about to do a post about dude. He seems like some dude out of leftfield than all of a suddent got in with the right people. Is it because he??s dating Erykah Badu_. What Im saying is that imma little skeptical of dude, sort of reminds me of what Betty Davis was doing BITD.

I kinda see your point (although I had no idea he was dating Erykah Badu), but what's impressed me about him is the way he manages to sound different without constantly banging on about how different he is, in that "look at me" way that a lot of rappers in broadly the same ballpark as him might do - better or worse, he's just doing him and getting on with it. Lupe Fiasco's rhyming-over-UNKLE-instrumentals ass could take a few lessons from him, for instance. As handles go, though, "Jay Electronica" makes me wince.

Co'sign on the ??HEY LOOK HOW DIFFERENT I AM WITHOUT SAYING LOOK HOW DIFFERENT I AM??. Something a lot of super scientifical rappers should of done ten or so years ago. There was a lenghtly blog about dude posted on Spine about Jay. It basically had Just Blaze, Erykah, SA'RA and other folks gushing over dude. His internet star status is kind of surreal actually. Almost like it??s the best viral marketing campaign that has ever been made for an artist.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Dude knows how to play the internet. It's kinda a cornball move to have your EP feature four minutes of Just Blaze and Erykah hyping you up, but he's got talent and is much better than 98 percent of the cats with myspace pages trying to rap.

I want to A) see him live and B) hear him over some real good production (not just looping up a soundtrack with no drums).

Co'sign on the ??HEY LOOK HOW DIFFERENT I AM WITHOUT SAYING LOOK HOW DIFFERENT I AM??. Something a lot of super scientifical rappers should of done ten or so years ago. There was a lenghtly blog about dude posted on Spine about Jay. It basically had Just Blaze, Erykah, SA'RA and other folks gushing over dude. His internet star status is kind of surreal actually. Almost like it??s the best viral marketing campaign that has ever been made for an artist.

The whole thing is kinda bizzare. Lots of people are talking about him. I'm happy for dude, he's been doin it for a minute. I did some stuff for him a couple years ago when he was living with Denaun. At the time he was supposed to be signing with Bad Boy or some shit.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,917 Posts
    I was about to do a post about dude. He seems like some dude out of leftfield than all of a suddent got in with the right people. Is it because he??s dating Erykah Badu_. What Im saying is that imma little skeptical of dude, sort of reminds me of what Betty Davis was doing BITD.

I remember Just Blaze linking to some of his shit on his blog a few months back and, in a hangover from that rock-snob mentality that to my shame I still haven't been able to completely shake, I initially gave it the swerve. I thought to myself, "how wack is an emcee who calls himself Jay Electronica going to be?" It was quite a nice surprise to discover that his music is really good. I think he could turn out to be one of those cats that ends up having a broad appeal and manages to hit a lot of different bases. I don't see him selling gazillions of records, but I can definitely picture the likes of Mos Def, Kweli, Common and a lot of his other obvious peers checking his shit and wondering how they managed to miss whatever turnoff he took.

The whole thing is kinda bizzare. Lots of people are talking about him. I'm happy for dude, he's been doin it for a minute. I did some stuff for him a couple years ago when he was living with Denaun. At the time he was supposed to be signing with Bad Boy or some shit.

see that??s the thing that has me a little suspect...ends up becoming room mates or freidns with dudes making dem realz world movezzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

• see that??s the thing that has me a little suspect...ends up becoming room mates or freidns with dudes making dem realz world movezzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
    I don't think that's really a easy thing to do though. Lots of scrubs sweat dudes making moves but few get those same people to believe in them.