Movement to Abolish the Announcements Forum

hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
No one seems to check it all, even though there are some really great things over there, like mix CDs, gigs, free mixes and more.What say you, RAJ?

Comments

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    No one seems to check it all, even though there are some really great things over there, like mix CDs, gigs, free mixes and more.

What say you, RAJ?

^^^ shameless self-promotion ^^^

forreal though I support an announcements abolition.

it's not like people scrupulously adhere to the announcements/non-announcements division anyway.

however, there are those that actually like to fuck around in the announcements section as an alternative to crate digging revealed. they might be sad to see it go.

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    I agree, and add: Turn it into a strictly music talk board and make this one a general banter/whatever board.

• um, but then where would people promote their ish?

if you're not into the announcements, just don't check it. kinda like the wants/trades section, right?

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    I agree, and add: Turn it into a strictly music talk board and make this one a general banter/whatever board.

I think the fact that the music talk is mixed in with the general banter is what makes this place fun, really. We don't seperate music from our daily lives, so we shouldn't seperate it into another category on this forum. Feel me?

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    People can set up sigs on their posts, right? Well, why not link to your announcements in your sigs? Is this doable? I don't mean in an Okayplayer "twenty-line signatures that are bigger than your posts" way, though.

I always mean to check that forum more often than I do, precisely because there's often a lot of good shit in there, but I haven't been able to make a habit of it for whatever reason. This might be a way of drawing attention to shit in the announcements without having to post a thread about it in here (not that it isn't worth reminding people from time to time).

• say annoucements were on the main board, wouldn't it be the case that something posted on a Tuesday for an upcoming Saturday gig would be on page 3 by Wednesday evening, and then on Friday / Saturday there'd be all these bumps for things that were only possibly relevant to a dozen or so people (LA/SF/NY aside) !?!

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    the announcement section shall go NOWHERE! that place is fresh. real headz know the battle drill.

• I remember when it used to be a cool place to hang out. Maybe it still is, but I don't go there that often. but I like when I say "hey how come you didn't tell me about such and such" and the response is an indignant "well, I posted it in the announcements section!"

Leave it there. its not hurting anybody.

the announcement section shall go NOWHERE! that place is fresh. real headz know the battle drill.

I knew this fool would chime in.

castrato likes the announcements because it's where he can say dumb shit be assured that only a few people will notice.

and appropriating the one saafir in defense of his argument...NAGLicious.

PS I really, really don't care whether announcements stays or goes. just talking schitt.

• i am sorry i have been neglecting my blog.

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    Leave it there. its not hurting anybody.

plus the Crate Digging forum doesn't need any more detritus than it already has

• detritus

WORD

• Detritus.

dee-TRITE-us?

or

DEH-tritt-us?

I think its the latter, but what do I know.

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    I remember when it used to be a cool place to hang out. Maybe it still is, but I don't go there that often. but I like when I say "hey how come you didn't tell me about such and such" and the response is an indignant "well, I posted it in the announcements section!"

either people accept soulstrut as a whole or just walk away, sonnathans. i check every section. that's how much i love the strut. even the secret ones. yes plural. there's 5 extra secret ones that were created during the great worm hole of '84.

every time you limit yourself to crate digging revealed the terrorists win. diversify your online adventures.

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts

deh-TRITE-us

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Wants and Trades is a far more useless section on Soulstrut... not that I'm for it's abolition either though... it's one of the only entertaining things left around here.

• cascas 1,484 Posts

PS I really, really don't care whether announcements stays or goes.

wow. how insightful.

"hello soulstrut. i really have no opinion on this topic, but am going to post here anyway."

take your drive by posts somewhere else, sparky. this is grown men talk going on round these parts.

PS I really, really don't care whether announcements stays or goes.

wow. how insightful.

"hello soulstrut. i really have no opinion on this topic, but am going to post here anyway."

take your drive by posts somewhere else, sparky. this is grown men talk going on round these parts.

^^^ asshurt because his repeated suggestions to create exclusive black thought and peedie crack tribute forums have gone unanswered by raj ^^^

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    People can set up sigs on their posts, right? Well, why not link to your announcements in your sigs? Is this doable? I don't mean in an Okayplayer "twenty-line signatures that are bigger than your posts" way, though.

Awwww.

JOHN BOOK'S MYSPACE
    http://www.myspace.com/crutmusic

THE RUN-OFF GROOVE
    http://www.musicforamerica.org/node/114377

BOOK'S MUSIC Podcast
    http://booksmusic.podomatic.com/

THE ALLMAN BROTHERS BAND
    http://www.allmanbrothersband.com/index.php?vst=45730

HAWAI'I FOOD BANK
    http://www.hawaiifoodbank.org

• the shave ice bowl is terribly misleading.

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts

the shave ice bowl is terribly misleading.

Definitely, I would have wanted some ice cream and azuki beans with that. But it did raise some necessary funds for the food bank so bad name, good cause.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Anyone remember when Shig "moved" to the Announcements
    section, and you could only reach him over there?

That was great.

I say keep the Announcements section. It has
    a purpose, and this board being flooded with
    "announcements" would suck for everyone, including
    the one making the annoucement.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    really great things over there

wow! yes there are. i don't see any reason to keep them seperate.

• plkbrynplkbryn 159 Posts
    Did yall know that the California based rapper Lil Fizz..formerly of that crazy popular r&b group B2K..has gone solo. He is actually putting out a new album and has a hot new single called "Beds" featuring r&b singer Ray J. I heard it on his page www.myspace.com/fizzoo and I think it could potentially blow up!!! My co-worker at fontana also told me that his solo album entitled "Payday" is dropping July 17th....what do you guys think of this solo move? Do you like his music!??!