How many people are sober?

13»

Comments

• and then ambient music under the freeway until 4:30am. I had fun though. Slept at 7. I'm pretty much useless today.

motherfucker i was there at 4! i was tempted to bust out my hackey sack cuz there were hella folks doing neon hoola hoops n shit but my friend told me that hackey sacks arent a raver toy.

oh, btw i was really drunk at that point.

• cdrs88cdrs88 48 Posts
    I've slowed down considerably. LOVE a beer buzz, HATE a Hangover.

I haven't puffed off a joint in almost two years. There are some nights where I'd like to watch a funny movie and get stoned.. bang my wife... those were the days. But with kids you need to stay on point.

I've popped a few prescription pills to deal with my anxiety.

MY BIGGEST PROBLEM IS ICE CREAM!

I would take Ice Cream over any drug in a heart beat. I could eat that shit breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

Oh...and I have a caffeine problem. Two cups of coffee and a diet pepsi daily. AT LEAST.

I have been exercising again. The endorphins are killer as well.

BYE.

RAJ, I honestly don't believe 2 cups of coffee is caffiene problem, I know people in my office that drink up to 6 cups a day and have a coke at lunch time, that is a caffeine problem and probably why they always have peppermints in their mouth as well..

I'm sure most of us have had popped prescription pills for anxiety.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Man, I have been drunk off my ass every night since Thursday of last week. My liver hates me, but I had a good ass time.

• i've been sober for 26 hours

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    Man somehow when I clicked on this thread I knew that vid was gonna end up in here, hahaha... Well, to answer the question, NO, I am not sober. I don't know, I don't really have any "rules" or anything. Sometimes I don't really fuck around with booze or weed for a while, usually when I have a ton of shit to do. Other times I like to smoke pretty often and drink a good amount when I go out. But hey at least I'm a happy drunk! I'm never the angry guy that'll lash out at people. I'm a happy dude in general. I'm sure I'll slow down considerably when I settle down eventually and get married and have kids and all that jazz.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    I am right now, but wasn't on Saturday night.
    I am a fan of the Wild Turkey, the Jameson and the hash.
    Used to smoke everyday, but haven't for more than five years now.
    Only drink wine during the week with dinner.

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    I had really cut down in the past few years and I haven't had any alcohol for 2 months or so except on my birthday. Being in the club all the time, there doesn't seem to be a happy medium, usually DJs are either sober or alcoholics.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    usually DJs are either sober or alcoholics.

I don't start drinking until almost last call now...it's no good if you start to get messy or your set seems like a bit of a blur the next day imo.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Stopped drinking and using about 11 years ago. Never was much of a partier but I was reading a lot of stuff about Gandhi and became really interested in his early life experiments with fasting. I figured I would try out not using to see what impact it had on me and I never have looked back. Picked up a nickname and turned down a lot of expensive wine at my wife's uncle's house.

One unexpected benefit was that my addict friends felt safe hanging out with me when they got into recovery.

Herm, whenever I tell people my story they look at me like I'm a loser too.

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    i've calmed down a lot lately. I used to be big into pharmies, like oxy and vics, where it was like i was taking 4 to 5 vics a day just so i wouldnt get sick. Its a horrible way to live.

Me too. Just last week I went cold turkey after 2 years worth of Vics, Roxys and Percs. First 2-3 nights were horrible but it's getting better now, and i'm feeling better. That shit crept up on me... but now I have my daughter and more important things to deal with than pill-popping.

I still enjoy drinking, I could never stop that. Switched from Jack Daniels to beer about 3 months ago because of some digestive problems.

• One unexpected benefit was that my addict friends felt safe hanging out with me when they got into recovery.

That's gotta be a rewarding feeling, props.

Herm, whenever I tell people my story they look at me like I'm a loser too.

As someone who isn't sober, I respect people who are. Not on some "WOW HOW DO YOU DO IT!?" but it's just a healthy choice and is admirable.

I'll still have a beer with dinner in an hour though.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    Rarely sober.

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    quit smoking weed for 3+ months now
    no big deal
    i am constantly around herb smokers and it doesn't bother me at all ,nor do i jones much
    was a 5-7 spliff a day kinda guy
    wake and bake ,2-3 trips to amsterdamm every year
    but i am on a vacation from thc
    first time since i was 13
    my lungs/heart are smilin'
    looking at life from a different angle
    healthier and happier,albeit a bit boring
    also was spending like 5-6 hundred bucks a month on weed-stupid waste of money
    quit because i was sick of the routine of always being high
    was never a big drinker but i likes me some sake now and again

• SOBER. since 1988.
    and i probably am pretty boring to other people... yet, i am rarely ever bored or unhappy.

exactly how I feel - except the '88 part, it was 1999 for me.

MCF