Night Crew Whats Good???

Comments

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Whattup? I spun inside the Guggenheim last night. Shit was pretty fucking incredible. A top gig of the year no question, and probably of my life.

• two things:

1- Cos, nice fucking work, mang. Must have been a hell of a gig- they have the 'space' show up right now, no? damn. good fucking look.

2- love the night crew b/w early morning 8am WHAT UP? steez by Mr. Jonny Paychecks. Way to close the joint down, and then be there to open it up in the AM.
    Sleep is for the weak.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Yeah honestly I didn't even go check the art. I got there and did soundcheck and then was pretty much on. My wife checked the exhibits and said that it was pretty dope, and I wanted to go see it - being that I've never even been in the museum at all before. I'll go back though... and it was a pretty unbelivable gig. Like for real, like I said, one of the top shows of my career.

Also:

Sleep is for the weak.

No doubt.

• poontang rain

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    no one trip off of my truth bombs. knowledge me in a tactful way.

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    poontang rain

with a slight hangover at 9 in the am, this looks really soothing to me. if i could please clarify a few things from my previous post.

- i actually have no rule for keeping my zipper up. i don't even know where that came from.

- 5 minutes after rootles and i spoke to j.rocc about "mardis" w/o the bells, he stops packing up his shit and yells across the room "YO! have YOU guys heard it?!" dude was funny. i like that guy.

- i used the phrase "little dudes" but i meant to say "youngins".

- having a girl do the "pepper seed" or the "bomba rass" (i just made that shit up last night) on your leg like a stripper pole is acceptable for a married man as long as it's on the confines of the dance floor.

- **single dudes alert** i am no expert in the ways of california, but it appears to me that there are some cute girls in pacifica that have self esteem issues. just saying. take that for what you want it to be. maybe it's becuase pacifica may suck and coming into sf makes them feel a little soft to have to claim that shit. just a theory.

- i'm going to check in with chicken hawk shawn later and let you know if he scidooped ol girl from italy with the knowledge of a middle schooler and fashion sense of a mental patient. no offense to any mental patients out there, i'm just saying you're not the sharpest dressers is all. don't worry though, becuase neither am i. i just keep my kicks clean and the rest is all secondary really.

let's get this thread jumping off again tonight. this feels like a club house for the holmeses. we should put a micro fridge in here.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    I got hit a nasty brawl in the LES last saturday on my way to meet this girl after my weekly in soho. I caught a snapple bottle to the dome, and it turned both my eyes black. definitely not in the mood to answer the questions when i play out tonight. hows it gonna go down? sunglasses in the club??

• I got hit a nasty brawl in the LES last saturday on my way to meet this girl after my weekly in soho. I caught a snapple bottle to the dome, and it turned both my eyes black. definitely not in the mood to answer the questions when i play out tonight. hows it gonna go down? sunglasses in the club??

Damn son you STAY in beef! Sorry to hear about it. Rock the stunna shades.

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    damn delay. you could just tell people it's left over eye grease from your football game. just wear some cleats in there and you could pull it off. shit, dress like a football player and you probably won't even have to answer shit. i hope the guy that decided to get cute with the snapple bottle got yoked up by someone. that's not the science of the culture.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    this shit was crazy random tho. alls i did was tell the dude to "chill the fuck out" and next thing i know...

its hard fighting with a cuncussion, drunk, with a dj bag on, but i somehow managed to hit the dude with metal shelf that i grabbed from the trash.

i'm a shit magnet, johnny. you trash the tiki palace last night?

• Yeah dude. I tripped over a mess of wires and flew the waterpipe across the room. this morning I learned that I also cracked the screen on wifey's new blackberry

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    Yeah dude. I tripped over a mess of wires and flew the waterpipe across the room.

where herm at???

• best thread ever

Cas:

I was at the j-rocc show until like 11:30 (I guess my gaydar was working) and I dipped out before you arrived (No Rootless). It was weak blud, seriously. The crowd was a bunch of dot com type engineers from silicon valley (SAYS THE DUDE FROM SAN MATEO). And the opening deejay was literally on ITUNES MODE. He went from dont worry be happy into like inxs all the while wearing some pirate shirt (whattup lauryn with your crazy ass) and having some sax blower (no rootless) "jam out" over his set. The best part was that I signed up for a bone-marrow drive for folks with Leukemia

I missed J-Rocc to goto Poleng. My mans kero was deejaying along with Platurn and Golden Child and it was my dudes going away party. Shit was didope and yes being the ladies choice with a few was fun.

Then I went home and had the illy convo with Day about Dilla and how he can't be fucked with and is still not given enough props or at least recognized for the right things.

The Native Tongues party I threw on Thursday was W I L D. Y'all hose bags missed out, you would of loved it. King Most is for the good music lovin', hearty shit-takin', low-carb/high protein eatin' chilrens.

and now I cop a gift for my mans' daughter because they're the shit like that.

Delay:

Damn dude, you like the white billy danze. Stay strong and keep your right hook even stronger. I'm probally dumb enough to start a fight with someone but smart enough to not do it with you.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

King Most is for the good music lovin', hearty shit-takin', low-carb/high protein eatin' chilrens.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    I'm a lover, not a fighter. i just find myself in these predicaments more than most. i'm sure that's due in large part to my my own behavior.

dude, my block party in in full effect outside. fuggin "on point productions" moblie dj dude down the street is cranking the cheesy euro techno. i gotta get outta here.

• Herm is here to toss salads and sings rap ballads

• I'm a lover, not a fighter. i just find myself in these predicaments more than most. i'm sure that's due in large part to my my own behavior.

dude, my block party in in full effect outside. fuggin "on point productions" moblie dj dude down the street is cranking the cheesy euro techno. i gotta get outta here.

Go get photos of the NAGL-look guy and Joey Porshe for soulstrut.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Whattup? I spun inside the Guggenheim last night. Shit was pretty fucking incredible. A top gig of the year no question, and probably of my life.

Where do they place the decks? Top floor?

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    i really appreciate what this thread is about. just got back from the j.rocc show at 111 mina. good times. the holmeses, rootless bitchmo was there. so check this...this fly little "girly" from pacifica was trying to grind on my manliness. whateverm it's all good. i got a wedding ring in full e f f e c t. ain't shit going on. just dancing for fun. harmless. me and rootless' holmeses, shawn, step out for a smoke. low and behold the grinding girl and her posse follow us out. it's just all fun, then i ask one of grinding girls homies if they're coming back in becuase j.rocco was playing some sergio mendes heat. the flagrino co-worker decides to step in to my convo and speak shit! WHAT?!?! i'm cas, man. i'm about peace. i talk shit to all of his lady friends, fly him the bird in his face, ask him why he is a little bitch, show him my wedding ring (i'm not out for poontang tonight) then step in to talk shit to j.rocc (he's never heard the mardis gras san the bells btw).

talk shit to all the bouncers. finish my drink then it's back outside for yo! mtv rap trivia with the public. they answer the question they win the card simple as that. well some girl that claims she's from italy tries to step to me and rootless on some geography shit. she honestly thinks that italy "borders" africa. we clon the shit outta her and rootless tells her that by her logic the usa borders china. this girl was wack! trust in me. any who. rootless' holmes, shawn, steps in and plays captain save a ho and makes her feel better enough about herself to take her home. good cop bad cop. that's how we do.

yuichi and all you little dudes. step your game up and learn from my stories. i make it rain on you hoes. poontang rain. hang out with me and i'll put cute girls rom pacifica on your lap. i gotta girl. but you, i will hook up. yall my peoples an them.

j.rocc kilteded that shit tonight. i was able to talk myself in past the $20 cover charge, but still donated $10 for music in the public school system donations. cas is for the kids, but he is also trying to hold on to his cash flow and i'm never too fly to skeet in a skeezers eye. my wife is a moderhatuer. you think i give a flying fiduck?! NOPE!! ask the holmeses, day.

i just felt like sharing that, so i did.

girls wanting to grind on your shit in the club...is that cheating? answer me that. my theory is that as long as the zipper is up, it's all fair game. no one trip off of my truth bombs. my relationship is good. just trying to start a cipher up. knowledge me in a tactful way. the strut sees all.

peace to paychecks, jim.bean, under the radar, rootlessbitchmo, djanna, bellcity, day my home piss, kingmoist, bigchan, phillmost, cosmobakery and them and anyone who took the time to read my faded

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

Right in the main room. The pictures really don't do it justice even though these were taken on the earlier side of the night.

Right in the main room. The pictures really don't do it justice even though these were taken on the earlier side of the night.

I should came to that shit. FUUUuuuck.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts

Wow, those pictures are amazing. Congrats on the gig.

• flics. damn, cos.

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    cosmo, that shit looked fun as hell to play at.

are we all gonna get this thread jumping off again tonight?! let's do this like brutus.

OMAR BACK![/b]

• cascas 1,484 Posts

• dayday 9,611 Posts

I still like the OG version better

I'm gonna go look at records at some cats house but when I get back IT IS AWN

• Can this be TONIGHT'S night crew thread?

Had another tattoo session from 2-4 today, so I'm still sore as hell. 'Bout to go see Lee Scratch Perry and I'm on the list 'cause one of my oldest friends is spinning an opening set. Just grilled some lamb for dinner. All in all, I'm having a good day (but wifedog needs to return from Portugal ASAP).

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    Can this be TONIGHT'S night crew thread?

Had another tattoo session from 2-4 today, so I'm still sore as hell. 'Bout to go see Lee Scratch Perry and I'm on the list 'cause one of my oldest friends is spinning an opening set. Just grilled some lamb for dinner. All in all, I'm having a good day (but wifedog needs to return from Portugal ASAP).

AH SHIT! ROSSTOPHER IS LIVING THE SINGLE SINGLE LIFE LIFE?! shot me a holleur dunnathan. i'm prepped and ready to show some strange girls my wang chung styles!! you're my o.g. holmeses who i never get to see like i want to (pasue). next weekend is the bay area strut reunion. undertheradar, jim.beam and herm wil all be in the area. we need to form like voltron and show these fools a good time. i suck at organizing gatherings, but we can all assemble some plans by then.

neta is my other o.g. homette. tell her to come home soon. i need to talk shit about more underground rappers.

bill walsh rip.

shouts to all yall plus, rosario dawson, scarlett of the johansons, kiki daire, lisa sparxxx, miko lee, chole nicole, gianna michaels and aria giovanni. no parking on the dance floor you dirty no dancing bitches.

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    a certain moderhateur, djanna played herself out and admitted to not remember how to ban fools, so i can get as loose i damn well please. ask my uncle bremley ------>

day..step up front. let's talk gorilla monsoon shit in here.