Night Crew Whats Good???

13»

Comments

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    oh it's like that?

• I love how East Coast v. West Coast last call hours affect this shit...

YO, I'm BACK HOME LOADED READY TO KICK THIS SHIT OFF FOR THE EASTERN HALF!

AND, THEY FEEEEEEELIN' THE WHITE PANTS!

(and yo...try the Cloisters if you're ever feelin' a citrusy gin drink. that was NEXTLELVELELVLELEV)

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,087 Posts
    I have been listening to German prog records and reading a "breaking out of beginners' Spanish" book just for the hell of it on my lazy Saturday. I don't do much on weekend nights like most of you who are club DJs and/or have significant others. I thought about catching Pharoah Sanders tonight, but I'm a little under the weather. Plus, I already did my share of getting out this week when I caught Hugh Masekela and went to a couple of film festival nights during the midweek. I think I'll feel better tomorrow and if I do, I'll see Barbara Morrison and Phil Ranelin (fellow Sylmar resident!) at the Catalina Jazz Club tomorrow afternoon in Hollywood. Meanwhile, I'm just guzzling down beer and watching Godzilla movies right now.

• Fact of the Day: 6200 people went to the Spokane Antiques Roadshow!

That is an attendace record for at least the last 4 seasons...maybe all tiME!

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    It must have smelled like dust

• It must have smelled like dust

and old people....lots of old people.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    old people....lots of old people.

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    mr. bremley ain't old! just seasoned.

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    my holmes zoe $ bags is visiting from san diego. she just wants to keep it real all day and all night. i'd catch a bullet for this this bitch.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    I'm gonna miss y'all.

• where you going, mike b?

shipping off to greener pastures?

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    I'm gonna miss y'all.

where you going?!

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    I'm gonna miss y'all.

where you going?!

For real. Shit won't be the same if you're planning on making real world movements and abandoning your Soulstrut brethren.

I'm up in hurrrrr working on music, drinking Makers and listening to Little Beaver. Just got done with a nice session of Wii Bowling shutting any and all family members down with no mercy. Had a good day and now I'm on maximillion mode.

Cas is ruling tings on some King Kong Al Bundy shit.

son you don't want it

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    listening to Little Beaver.

everybody parrrrty down. it's for free. it don't cost a thang.

b.city. speak up home skillet. where are you going to?!

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    S.C. for 6 weeks.
    I'll be back on Soulstrut after all of that.

• CAS! You're my stromie, but you already knew that. Next weekend is all Peaches and Herb for us, though. Neta gets back on Friday night. But ain't no reason we can't link (no sausage) prior. Holler at a Hoggy on the Sabbath. Which is today.

Good GOD was the Lee Perry show a bust. His backing band, Dub is a Weapon, opened. They should be called "The Dead is a Weapon." Jamband bullshytt for daez. I left early because I was feeling saxoglycemic.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    I'd just like to interject my greetings to the night crew. Encore's hooking me up with Alien Resurection right now, written by Joss Whedon directed by Jean-Pierre Jeunet, it should have been better. The swimming aliens are pretty bad ass though.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    oh it's like that?

Thursday night I was told I had Benicio Del Toro Hair.

Tell Scarlett Of The Johanssens to meet me at the elevator.

oopsy daisy.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts

• Is it sad that I was kind of looking forward to this thread?

Anyways I got to give birthday daps to Princess Peacefull Rotation and then DJ'd in the daytime on Haight .I'm officially old, all the young folks where rocking the streetwear to death and I just coudn't figure why and kept telling myself" get some real clothes, you youngsters". And also everyone looked really wrong, that's how I know I'm old

Rooftop parties in S.F.= FREEZE YOUR BALLZ. That's all I'm saying. Fucking August and it's 60 Degrees.

Anyways. tonight I dj'd at a Becky Spot and had my socks blown off. This a-ma-zing looking woman came down early and wanted to know what time I start and what I'll be playing. Naturally I told her "hip-hop" and she responded "like real hip-hop.... like Tribe, Dilated, Common, Redman, The Roots, or something or that other shit". I feel in love. I wanted to pull a Maybe Funke from Arrested Development and bust a "marry me!".

Since it was early I did a little kufi set up for her. She geeked when I dropped "what they do" and the Towa Tei into Find A way combo. But of course her drunk homegirl and her brother where messing up vibes and naturally they left to who knows where. Damn, I feel like I should post this on okayplayer's "missed kufi-nections". Anyways... I have a girl, what do I care. *sniff*

Later in the evening Some dickhead yelled "change the song". I muted the music and yelled back "shut the fuck up wallflower". I don't why I did that. I felt lik a dick right away.

20 mins before closing this dude came up and said "yo you're doing a pheneomenal job.my friend. could you please to play a song by deejay U.N.K.". Homeboy didn't say UNK he said "U,N,K,". I thought that shit was so ernest and real thatl I hit him off (no rootless).

And what's with all Desi/Southeast Asian homies always asking for Punjabi M.C. ? I'm curious, is he THAT DUDE to Indian folks.

BUT IT GETS BETTER

While i'm getting a glass of water at the end of night our very "strong" bar manager started throwing glass fucking bottles in my direction. I looked up and it was to the bouncer. Next thing you know THEY'RE FUCKING SCUFFLING WITH EACH OTHER. The bouncer was like 6'5 and looks like the guys in those magazines that Ross Hogg "just reads for the articles". old girl was SCRAPPING GOING TOE TO TOE, MADE THE DUDE REACH FOR HIS WALKIE AND TALKIE AND ASK FOR FUCKING HELP!

Then I guess chicks roomate is trying to break it up (dude was kind of lanky and maybe weighed 160) and all of a sudden is against the wall while the 6'5 dude is yelling at the top of his lungs in some fucked up roid age "I'LL FUCKING KILL YOU, DON'T EVER TOUCH ME, I'LL BREAK YOUR FUCKING NECK YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT". The other bouncers jump in and try and pull dude off but he's WYLIN'. The lanky cat was just kind of in shock and man he was freaking out when he getting yelled on. I just kind of stood behind the bar with my water in my hand pulling a . Dude was geniunely shook and that bouncer is a fucking cocksucker. I don't want to say I hope something bad happens to him but he deserves whatever comes to him in addition to the shrunk testicles that he might have already.

The main manager said, as she handed me my check, "thats what happens when peope stop dating but still stay working together"

anyways, i'm getting dranged-along to see Hugh Masakela tomorrow at Stern Grove.

I felt lik a dick right away.

Whoa.

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    I dj'd at a Becky Spot and had my socks blown off.