Outkast

2»

Comments

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    Andre had to make Love Below. Thats basically it. There is definitely some stuff on there that I skip right past, but the album as a whole is on par with everything else they've done. I feel like dude got open on there in a way that will, in the long run, allow his stylyings to floss more broadly. Ultimately the 'weirdo' factor of Love Below contributes to futue rap shine. "Pink and Blue" is one of my all time rap faves, and "Roses" is on some next level.

I haven't given Speakerboxx nearly as much rotation as Love Below but I do enjoy it. "Unhappy", "Reset", and "Last Call" come to mind instantly as dope tracks.

When we look back on this double album, and the role that it played/will play in the teleology of Outkast as a super group everything will make sense:

• rsmeetsrsmeets 35 Posts
    it wasn't their best record.. but whatever.. i think andre's been working on some new things.. i hear he's learning the saxophone and some other instruments.. supposedly he can play for real... we'll see.. anyone else hear about this? supposedly he is or was considering going to julliard to study music. either way he needs to rap more..