Why be an asshole?

Comments

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts
    Dear Chutzpah,

Sincerely,
    MikeSeaversNIKES

Understand The Lyrics & apply them to your life!!!!!!!!

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    The more confident you feel about your knowledge/business compared to others, the better equipped you may feel to tackle the competition.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

i think its a poem about soulstrut's top poasters.

Who is the "fruit of the loom appologist"?

Young Phonics.

How did you come to be in a position to hassle the boy regarding his undergarments, such that he felt the need to justify his choice?

We were at a bar just drinking and hanging out and wound up next to each other at the trough. He complained that, in his inebriated state, his briefs were becoming difficult to - uh - circumvent.

Are we so consumed by our passions, our wrangling to get to the top of the totum pole (whatever that is, if it exists) that we're willing to step all over a stranger's feelings for a feeling of validity?

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts
    Is it really so much fun being an asshole that you're willing to encroach on someone else's exploration/learning?

I think maybe your mistaking the honesty of this board as hastiness.

and the real question isn't Why, But Why NOT.

Its all about public service. People will catch on quicker and learn at a much faster rate if you point things out to them with no hesitation. Its not hurting you its helping you.

Afterall, Soul Strut is THE epidamy of self exploration.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Are we so consumed by our passions, our wrangling to get to the top of the totum pole (whatever that is, if it exists) that we're willing to step all over a stranger's feelings for a feeling of validity?

You think so? I can't think who it could be...

Someone link me to that Smooth Da Hustler thread por favor!

• Someone link me to that Smooth Da Hustler thread por favor!

http://www.soulstrut.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=916386

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Is starting a thread and not contributing anything else to it the message board equivalent of "Long time listener, first time caller. I'll take my answer off the air." ?

and man, it ain't that serious.

• ChappuhChappuh 53 Posts
    ah hey what's up, i didn't know i was supposed to keep checking this. you guys check the board at work or something?

i didn't figure trying to get some conversation going would be that big of a deal--whether or not you agree with me.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    ah hey what's up, i didn't know i was supposed to keep checking this. you guys check the board at work or something?

i didn't figure trying to get some conversation going would be that big of a deal--whether or not you agree with me.

^^^^^^^^HAS BEEN LURKING ON THE BOARD ALL DAY AT WORK^^^^^^^^^

Is it really so much fun being an asshole that you're willing to encroach on someone else's exploration/learning?

I think maybe your mistaking the honesty of this board as hastiness.

and the real question isn't Why, But Why NOT.

Its all about public service. People will catch on quicker and learn at a much faster rate if you point things out to them with no hesitation. Its not hurting you its helping you.

Afterall, Soul Strut is THE epidamy of self exploration.

i agree. i just think more people would be encouraged to learn and ask questions if they weren't inundated with trivial inside joke/lolcat responses.

heheh, naw i'm home sick.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    you mean after lurking for 2 years, making this your first post:

http://www.soulstrut.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=917533&an=0&page=0#Post917533

This is so vague, I don't really understand. You seem to feel like your owed some amount of information merely by showing up. It doesn't work like that.

i just think more people would be encouraged to learn and ask questions if they weren't inundated with trivial inside joke/lolcat responses.

This is so vague, I don't really understand. You seem to feel like your owed some amount of information merely by showing up. It doesn't work like that.

"But shouldnt we have access to everything, w/out any red tape?"

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    Just some thoughts.

the vest sweater wearer, action figurine package tearer, the novelty tie rocker, self inflicted cock blocker, the mayonaise spreader, the watch french flick double header, the wannabe big thinker, soy milk drinker, the sandal on the foot guy, the 'gee they seem scary' dont even look guy, the shook guy, the 'will people think im smart' if I say I read this book guy, the police teller, the hair geller, the inaccurately described record seller, the scented candle smeller, the fruit of the loom appologist, the amateur psyhcologist, the self apointed this is why they flopped dead career pathologist, the im trying real hard but im as cool as an ologist, the side parting comber, the small boner, the frequent mom phoner, the friday night home aloner, the girl not haver, the sock stabber, the recycled paper bagger, the mr send cheap cheese and wine hamper.
    [/b]

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    Chappuh-

seriously man.

i totally understand where you are coming from.

any information you would like to know about Enya and her role as the true inventor of hip-hop , i am willing to provide in exchange for mp3's of yanni live at the Sphynx Millenium THROWDOWN!?!?!?!?!?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Just some thoughts.

the vest sweater wearer, action figurine package tearer, the novelty tie rocker, self inflicted cock blocker, the mayonaise spreader, the watch french flick double header, the wannabe big thinker, soy milk drinker, the sandal on the foot guy, the 'gee they seem scary' dont even look guy, the shook guy, the 'will people think im smart' if I say I read this book guy, the police teller, the hair geller, the inaccurately described record seller, the scented candle smeller, the fruit of the loom appologist, the amateur psyhcologist, the self apointed this is why they flopped dead career pathologist, the im trying real hard but im as cool as an ologist, the side parting comber, the small boner, the frequent mom phoner, the friday night home aloner, the girl not haver, the sock stabber, the recycled paper bagger, the mr send cheap cheese and wine hamper.
    [/b]

wtf is that from?

i think its a poem about soulstrut's top poasters.

I'd say it most closely describes crink.

Chappuh-

seriously man.

i totally understand where you are coming from.

any information you would like to know about Enya and her role as the true inventor of hip-hop , i am willing to provide in exchange for mp3's of yanni live at the Sphynx Millenium THROWDOWN!?!?!?!?!?

University of Soulstrut, Enya Dept.
    Established 2007.

"We care about your musical education, and revel in your journey of discovery"[/b]

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Cut this dude some slack.....

I was in Fayetteville this past week and the only record store in town, Spun Records, just closed their doors for good.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

I'd say it most closely describes crink.

• I understand some of your problems with people asking for mp3 clips and whatnot but geez does it really hurt you to see someone post asking for something so insignificant? Is it really so much fun being an asshole that you're willing to encroach on someone else's exploration/learning?

Just some thoughts.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Even I had to stop lurking for this one..

Yeah, you have to hit the flea markets and thrift stores in town now but there's a really dope flea market in central arkansas where i scored a Hearts of Soul "Sing a Simple Song" 7" from this old Danish music promoter for $3!

Kind of wondering what I did wrong trying to pose a serious question.

Not enough post counts? Lame.

I haven't asked for anything, I don't need any fucking mp3 clips.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    Yeah, you have to hit the flea markets and thrift stores in town now.

Hey... why be an asshole?

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts
    Yeah, you have to hit the flea markets and thrift stores in town now.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    I don't need any fucking mp3 clips.

you sure little man? the first one is free...after that....

Cut this dude some slack.....

I was in Fayetteville this past week and the only record store in town, Spun Records, just closed their doors for good.

Ouch. That sucks.

1. Some dude comes here with preconceived notion/self fulfilling prophesy that everyone here's a "record snob/elitist" (which is hilarious)
    2. Asks a silly question
    3. Get lightly cracked on BUT ALSO GETS THE ANSWER
    4. Dude gets pissed, calls everybody elitist assholes & leaves
    5. Go back to step 1, repeat ad nauseum

IMG SRC=http://img105.imageshack.us/img105/5397/quoelitecs2.gif>

• dayday 9,611 Posts

1. Some dude comes here with preconceived notion/self fulfilling prophesy that everyone here's a "record snob/elitist" (which is hilarious)
    2. Asks a silly question
    3. Get lightly cracked on BUT ALSO GETS THE ANSWER
    4. Dude gets pissed, calls everybody elitist assholes & leaves
    5. Go back to step 1, repeat ad nauseum

IMG SRC=http://img105.imageshack.us/img105/5397/quoelitecs2.gif>

my cipher is complete