Options

MRIstrut

edited July 2007 in Strut Central
After 11 weeks my doctor finally decided an MRI is in order for my ankle. Has anyone ever had one of these? Is it going to pull tattoo ink out of my leg? I'm a bit scurred about what it might find.

Comments

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    One of my best friends used to run the MRI at a hospital and he saw some crazy shit. None of it was caused by the machine though. I don't think it will pull the ink from your leg. He did say that you could tell people who took a lot of tylonal because their kiddneys were all fucked up.

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    I've have a few MRIs this past year. While I do not know about the effects on tattoos, I found that there is nothing to worry about. ...and they are helpful in finding other things that you may need to know about.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    I had one before they had open MRI's and that shit sucked. You have to lay perfectly still inside a plastic tube for an hour or longer. I don't know if it will pull ink from your tats at all, I wouldn't think so. All I know is try to get the open MRI, especially if you have any issues with claustrophobia. However, since it's just your ankle, you might not have to go all the way in the tube, I'm not sure how that works. Good luck, hope they can find the problem.

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    Is it going to pull tattoo ink out of my leg?

You can always touch up that dolphin yin-yang later.

(Good luck with the surgery, holmes.)

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    ive had a dozen MRIs and never had a problem. ive done full body and head only ones. outside of the video game noises you get from laying in it, its not bad unless your claustrophobic... then that shits gonna fuck you up. the newer machines have cd players so you can listen to music while youre in the machine. call ahead and ask if their machine does that. i played Soul Boulders at my last MRI. the radiologists asked me where to cop it even.

ive also puffed herb before going in and THAT WAS FUCKING AWESOME!

anyway... youre in it for 20-30 mins. ive done a 2hr one with two 15min breaks.

DONT TRIP!

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    I've had a couple.

Sorta claustrophobic and cold.

But not painful.

Hopefully the attending nurse is cute and/or funny.