Ipod users

oosioosi 40 Posts
edited July 2007 in Strut Central
anyone help me with organization on this thing....ive put some comps/mixes on it and they wont get organized, all over the place....im trying to get all of one comp/mix in a folder and be able to listen to continuously..all i get is the track seperated by the artist/album...school me please..im hating i tunes at the moment.

Comments

• Create a new genre for the mix on itunes and label accordingly, transfer to your ipod and turn off its song shuffle function. Choose the new genre and you're away (assuming the track numbers are correct).

• oosioosi 40 Posts
    i have no idea what you mean by creating a new genre, but im just creating a new playlist and dragging the albums into it. thanks though

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    before you even transfer that shit into itunes, shift+down arrow the whole group of songs (assuming that you're importing a cd), right click, get info, click yes, then where the artist is type the name of the dj. all the songs will transfer over into the library in order.

• TabneticTabnetic 206 Posts
    select all of the songs in itunes from one particular compilation. then right click (control click on a mac) and get info--->info--->click the checkbox next to "part of a compilation"

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts
    my lofi solution is this:

1. in itunes, make a new playlist on your ipod for the album you want to add.
    2. open explorer, and select all the songs you need. then click and drag them down to the taskbar, onto the itunes area, and then when itunes comes to the front, put them over the name of the new playlist you made - in the left pane under the ipod name, etc.

Even if everything is messed up with the mp3 ids, the playlist will play those files in the the order you add them. So this works well. Then you can easily edit the info for them afterwards, since they're already set up in order, and easy to find in the playlist.

it's made my itunes experience a bit more painless. just editing mp3 info files a bit at a time until they're all correct is the real way to go... but damn... that a lot of fucking time. Ugh. Hah.