WEEKITY ENDY FINDSYS....

2»

Comments

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts

All of these except for the Arthur Conley are sealed!

I'm dying to hear those Ted Taylor joints! I found another one of those Ronn albums of his that is my shit lately.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    haha.

kingston karachi - dum dum...

let me guess, purchased at academy???
    do tell what it was priced at....
    i sold them a box of records last month.
    i would imagine your copy is mine.

the osadebe in '80 is top notch... the trumpet playing is so beautiful on that.

yup, dang, we coulda skipped the middle man. it was 6 bucks. didn't feel too bad throwing down on that. what's the deal with these cats? do you know where they were from? it says fabricando in El Salvador, but I think I saw online that they're Argentinian? "Uska Dara" is pretty hot and there's a nasty (albeit poorly recorded) break on "Dam-Dam Du-Bi-Du".

you know where i'm at..... always got stuffs.

don't know the deal w/ el karachi, doesn't sound like a salvadorean group... i think argentinian is right.

now can we please get some more popsike links to some of these finds? this is what makes record digging exciting is telling the world it has been documented in THE MAINFRAME!!!!!!! YES!!!!!

• some bombs off the Verkys lp I mentioned earlier. copped it for a 5 spot. now I can't take it off my turntable. these are both Pt. 2's. Every song on side b starts off as a more traditional congolese rumba type track, and then halfway in, these sections drop.

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    Dakar's finds =

nothing over a dollar?? damn

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    forgot to mention the 12" reggae records are:

lee perry and the full experience/marley and wong chu - disco devil/keep on moving --on upsetters 1977

the revolutionaries/gladiators - prince tony disco mix/black saturday on front line (late 70s?)

joe gibson/joe gibbs and the professionals - friday evening/rub a dub eveing

joe gibbs and the professionals/culture/prince mohammad - zion rock/zion gate on errol t

king tubby's / dean stone /jah walters /scientist - oil crisis/jah jah 12 on black and white

living ruth - bongo natty/i'm in love on kava

roy shirley- diamond ring/stop the fussin and fighting on deep groove sounds

oh and test press lp of joe bataan's afrophilipino

• DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts
    from le weekend. these are the keepers. good shop stuff too.

Bottom left is a great hip-hop 12 from 1994. Group is called Ace C Ducey and the song is "Pop Ya Trunks"

Top right is Lord Sassafras - "Pocomania Jump" . Top left is the Mudies All Star "Rockers Playground" and bottom right is a Prince Jammy' s dub plate with Anthony johnson on one side and Little John "Understand Me" on the other.

Bottom row is the Equals - "Black Skinned Blue Eyed Boys", Pep Brown - "Don't blame me / I am the one who needs you", and Bad Smoke - "Crawl Y'all."

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts

lucky you. nearly impossible to find even in germany those days.
    had a chat with rainer tr??by about this record and he told me that 10 years ago he found it multiple times at flea markets for close to nothing.
    where did u find it?

1,5 km from the Dutch Border at a new flea market spot. But I doubt that it will turn up again.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    some bombs off the Verkys lp I mentioned earlier. copped it for a 5 spot. now I can't take it off my turntable. these are both Pt. 2's. Every song on side b starts off as a more traditional congolese rumba type track, and then halfway in, these sections drop.

Nice.

All I got this weekend was a Hazel Dean and 3,000,000 Synths.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

Yo, lemme holler at that Scope!

• I sweat. that was some interweb gaming?

direct sale from favorite sellers

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts
    all from yard sales, thrifts and fleas* (from 25 cents to a dollar each)-- all in nice shape * except new shellac lp and the jungle brothers lp (only 5 bucks for a minty og!). got those at my fave record shop dd down in atown.

orig. of aquarius dub! yes!

http://popsike.com/php/detaildatar.php?itemnr=270030522509

The record with the naked pics! What LP is that?? And you said Atown like in Atlanta?

and this

and this

and this

urrrgggghhhh.

i dont know why that didnt post the first time.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    Dakar's finds =

nothing over a dollar?? damn

No doubt. The Jackie McLean, Jimmy Smith, Bobby Hutcherson, Donald Byrd, Ornette Coleman joints in the first pic are all worth a good amount. That Hampton Hawes is a good one, that and Blue for Walls are the two I've held on to by Hawes. The Leon Haywood "It's Got To Be Mellow" is a good one too, I don't see that very often. Lots of other great finds too, nice work!

• pencilfacepencilface 674 Posts
    Yikes!! Dakar's finds are worrying my lot.....

here's some stuff from the last week or so...

the "blossom toe" is a bootleg / dodgy reissue .... i wish i could afford an OG!!!

the 7's are:

COASTERS - yakety yak
    THE CYRKLE - turn down day -- awesome. i think PUTS have used this!!
    ARTHUR BROWN - fire
    B. BUMBLE & THE STINGERS - nut rocker
    ELECTRIC FLAG - groovin is easy
    THE BAND - rag mama rag
    JUICY LUCY - who do you love --- aweosmeness!!bought this becuase i sold the LP and now i regret it!!
    I CAMALEONTI - io per lei

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts
    and this

That Guio de Moraes is mega raer.
    Only heard about and never saw it before.
    Nice finds!

• 1219197712191977 323 Posts

thanks to Fatback.

Plan 9 record shop

Plan 9 record shop

• JroamJroam 257 Posts
    Struck out at this piece of shit record store but stopped next door into an antique shop and found my lone but lucky record of the day (vg+)

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts

You are one lucky bastard!
    All those for a buck or less.

I want details.

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts

How's that record on PLUT? that label did some serious re-issues/releases. I bought a couple off of ebay , the track 'Stormy Weather' is ridiculous, I don't know if you've heard it but check it out if you haven't. I remember seeing Julius Brockingtons name on the label too.

• 1219197712191977 323 Posts

How's that record on PLUT? that label did some serious re-issues/releases. I bought a couple off of ebay , the track 'Stormy Weather' is ridiculous, I don't know if you've heard it but check it out if you haven't. I remember seeing Julius Brockingtons name on the label too.

Yeah the Plut 45's are nice. The guy who reissued these 45's also did some compilations of Virginia soul 45's called Ol'Virginia Soul. Before the soul comps he did a run of Virginia rock groups from 60's and 70's called Aliens Psychos & Wild Things. They are both really good.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts

so whats the deal with that 7" edan bit for the beauty and the beat cover?

• pencilfacepencilface 674 Posts

so whats the deal with that 7" edan bit for the beauty and the beat cover?

its by an italina band from the 60's / 70's .... the music is fairly unremarkable but i bought it for the cover. Edan obviosuly scanned it and stuck little faces on top. nice.