R. Kelly "Same Girl" Remix now with T-Pain

Comments

• inVrsinVrs 687 Posts

?

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    I heard this during my lunch break. Str8

• Options
    First time I ever heard of T-Pain, Funk Flex was talking about Akon and saying how he's ...."making a lot of moves, just signed a new artist to his label...what's that guy's name?"......(other guy, might have been Big Dennis):"T-Pain".......(Flex):...."Oh.....(cuts the music)......what's up with that name man? Sounds like some wrestling joint".

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    I can get with T-pain (or at least what I've heard), but does anyone else think it's odd that one of the biggest pop/r&b dudes out relies completely on auto tune? I'll admit that it makes a catchy, kind of cool sound, but it also strikes me as kind of a sad reflection on music these days.

I guess he makes catchy hits, so that's all that really matters. What does he do when he performs live? I guess it just all runs through auto tune at the shows too.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    I JUST PRETEND THERE IS A HEAVY ROGER TROUTMAN INFLUENCE IN CURRENT POP MUSIC.

• Options
    I can get with T-pain (or at least what I've heard), but does anyone else think it's odd that one of the biggest pop/r&b dudes out relies completely on auto tune? I'll admit that it makes a catchy, kind of cool sound, but it also strikes me as kind of a sad reflection on music these days.

I guess he makes catchy hits, so that's all that really matters. What does he do when he performs live? I guess it just all runs through auto tune at the shows too.

Any time I hear T-Pain or Akon, using that effect (I guess it's called auto tune) it makes me think of that ridiculous Cher "Do You Believe" song, and for that reason I can't get with them and won't listen to the radio until this current shitstorm passes. But if ladies like to dance to it, I can't really knock it.

• z_illaz_illa 867 Posts

YOU GOT SOMETHING AGAINST ROGER?!

This song is hott.

• inVrsinVrs 687 Posts

Any time I hear T-Pain or Akon, using that effect (I guess it's called auto tune) it makes me think of that ridiculous Cher "Do You Believe" song, and for that reason I can't get with them and won't listen to the radio until this current shitstorm passes. But if ladies like to dance to it, I can't really knock it.

100% agree. also daft punk and 10000 others used that shitty effect..
    welcome to the 21st century folks.

YOU GOT SOMETHING AGAINST ROGER?!

This song is hott.

No no... just saying that, while there isn't a real influence of his I pretend there is.

I am not ever mad at vocoder stylings.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    This is awful.

• z_illaz_illa 867 Posts
    OK

This is awful.

• Yeah, ever since they made that fangled multi-tracking tape recorder the game has been fucked

• Roger was cheating?

Roger was cheating?

Could Roger really sing?

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    the Cher song started it, but this song really set it off!

Ha ha. Oh man, I haven't heard this in so long. That first girl's lisp is

This is awful.

Bad music is bad music. Just calling it as I see it. Two terrible vocalists united on one track.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    This is awful.

Sayin'. Some of you dudes sound like you never grinded on a girl in the club before.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    This is awful.

Bad music is bad music. Just calling it as I see it. Two terrible vocalists united on one track.

Do you object to girls, parties or fun... or some combination of the three?

• Options

Daft Punk, Basement Jaxx, for some reason it didn't bother me when it was in house music. It seemed like it belonged there, the music (especially that late '90s, early 2000's French house) was tweaked enough where a vocoder or auto tune or whatever you want to call it fit right in once in awhile. Might not have worked so well in a NY house track, or a Chicago joint where the backbone of the record is a bit different, but it was perfect on "RendezVu" by Basement Jaxx and "Around the World" by DPunk. I'm sure there are a hundred other house joints where it sounded alright too. And for all I know, it's probably not even the same thing that Akon and T-Pain are using.

It just doesn't work for me in R&B, but for real I'm without a doubt 100% from what the kids are feeling.

You may have your thread back now, steak about to go on the grill. I rock one of these in this exact rare copper color.

I'll be listening to "Reggae Under Raps", and thinking about the ocean.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    won't listen to the radio until this current shitstorm passes.

I held this mentality for a long time, and somewhere along the line, either my standards were lowered or.....yea, my standards were lowered. If it's the crap that the block is bumping, then sometimes it's cool to just bump what the block is bumping, ya dig? Pop music in this respect is powerful, cuz it makes you think you're a part of something bigger than the actual synth-drenched slightly cheesy music.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    This is awful.

Some of you dudes sound like you have[/b] never grinded on a girl in the club before.

This made me break out the talkbox again. I still haven't figured that thing out yet.

This is awful.

Do you object to girls, parties or fun... or some combination of the three?

Since when did any of these become attached to crappy music?

• inVrsinVrs 687 Posts

Daft Punk, Basement Jaxx, for some reason it didn't bother me when it was in house music. It seemed like it belonged there, the music (especially that late '90s, early 2000's French house) was tweaked enough where a vocoder or auto tune or whatever you want to call it fit right in once in awhile. Might not have worked so well in a NY house track, or a Chicago joint where the backbone of the record is a bit different, but it was perfect on "RendezVu" by Basement Jaxx and "Around the World" by DPunk. I'm sure there are a hundred other house joints where it sounded alright too. And for all I know, it's probably not even the same thing that Akon and T-Pain are using.

It just doesn't work for me in R&B, but for real I'm without a doubt 100% from what the kids are feeling.

You may have your thread back now, steak about to go on the grill. I rock one of these in this exact rare copper color.

"around the world" and "rendezvu" are nice tracks, but they dont use the autotune effect cher used. its simply a vocoder, which is a big difference to me.

oh, and i cant have fun with that kind of music, period.

• Options
    This is awful.

Sayin'. Some of you dudes sound like you never grinded on a girl in the club before.

Shit. Do I sound like that? Oh well, that sucks.

• Options

"around the world" and "rendezvu" are nice tracks, but they dont use the autotune effect cher used. its simply a vocoder, which is a big difference to me.

oh, and i cant have fun with that kind of music, period.

Ahh that's too bad. I have a lot of fun at house music parties. You're missing out.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    This is awful.

Shit. Do I sound like that? Oh well, that sucks.

Never that SON
    There's just a time and place for joints like this.
    It's not my thing and I'm not gonna run out and buy it, but I can get an idea from anywhere so fuck it.

• inVrsinVrs 687 Posts

Ahh that's too bad. I have a lot of fun at house music parties. You're missing out.
    sorry, you didnt get it. i was referring to the "have u ever grinded a girl" posse. i love to go out and dance to whatever kind of music as long as it got some soul, and sorry but this r kelly shit is far away from that.
    actually i m making a living of playing, amongst others, house records.

I can get a boner from anywhere so fuck it.

SAYOING

b/w

R. Kelly has no soul? You sound European.

• inVrsinVrs 687 Posts
    I can get a boner from anywhere so fuck it.

SAYOING

b/w

R. Kelly has no soul? You sound European.

for once in a lifetime, yes, somebody got me complelty right.