Michael Vick

dayday 9,612 Posts
edited July 2007 in Strut Central
It looks like it's now that the feds are involved.Why would you fight dogs when you have a contract for $130 mil? The indictment said that in April 2007, Peace, Phillips and Vick "executed approximately eight dogs that did not perform well in `testing' sessions by various methods, including hanging, drowning and/or slamming at least one dog's body to the ground." Vick also is alleged to have consulted with Peace before Peace killed a losing dog by electrocution in 2003....http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/07/17/AR2007071701393.html

Comments

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    if he was involved then, yeh he deserves to have the book thrown at him. I will wait to see if he is proven guilty though.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    It looks like it's now that the feds are involved.

Why would you fight dogs when you have a contract for $130 mil?

The indictment said that in April 2007, Peace, Phillips and Vick "executed approximately eight dogs that did not perform well in `testing' sessions by various methods, including hanging, drowning and/or slamming at least one dog's body to the ground." Vick also is alleged to have consulted with Peace before Peace killed a losing dog by electrocution in 2003.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/07/17/AR2007071701393.html

dude is trash

wasted talent, and a sicko to boot.

I'm going to folks house the weekend and bringing my dog a steak just because.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    That shit is beyond a bad look. Send his ass to prison.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    As a diehard New Orleans Saints fan...

• what about all the white rednecks that participate in chicken fighting...

In Lousinana...chicken fighting is still legal

What about bull fighting....

Fighting with animals has cultural signifance in a lot of various societies...if one is wrong...are they not all wrong...?

complicated subject...another thought If Ray Lewis ( Ravens) participated in the killing of a man and stayed in the NFL ...why should Vick (Falcons) be banned?

• I've killed many men. But I would never hurt a puppy. Thats mean.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    what about all the white rednecks that participate in chicken fighting...

In Lousinana...chicken fighting is still legal

What about bull fighting....

Fighting with animals has cultural signifance in a lot of various societies...if one is wrong...are they not all wrong...?

complicated subject...another thought If Ray Lewis ( Ravens) participated in the killing of a man and stayed in the NFL ...why should Vick (Falcons) be banned?

Falcons fanboy lurker revealed.

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    Dude has a point though, but what cultural history or significance does dog fighting have?

Dude has a point though,

lots of things are culturally significant but still illegal. dog fighting could be the national sport in one country, but in this country (at least in most states) it's a felony.

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    Fighting with animals has cultural signifance in a lot of various societies...

• Harvey and rootless killin it!!!

C'mon dudes...y'all should know by now the Vick Brosses are some low-lifes.

If you're in the public eye and you do dirt you're someone else's potential headline. GOtta be more careful.

cultural signifance

can we get archaic to comment on animal sacrifice among Haitian immigrants in NOLA? then we can really get this thread started: sports, racism, criminal justice, cultural relativism.

this could be a real winner.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

cultural signifance

can we get archaic to comment on animal sacrifice among Haitian immigrants in NOLA? then we can really get this thread started: sports, racism, criminal justice, cultural relativism.

I like where you're going with this,

Maybe a blurb or two about Rapid Ric or ngafish would get this place rocking

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

cultural signifance

rapid evolution of dog fighting circles to project blowed cyphers?

Michael Vick's dog got "please pass the mic"ed?

cultural signifance

Man bites dog bites...
    the Blowed?

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

cultural signifance

Man bites dog bites...
    the Blowed?

sounds like the authentic experience to me

ever had a dog cook you up some crawfish?

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Only thing I have to say on this topic is....

I HATE THE FALCONS!!!

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Fuck that dickhead and fuck anyone involved in dogfighting.

I have seen what that shit does first hand. No joke, motherfuckers have to be insecure as hell to get involved in that shit. Posing like owning an aggresive dog makes you a man... na bro, it just highlights your insecurities about your own masculinity.

macho dickhead culture.

All this toughguy photoshoot and video posturing with dogs is bullshit, we get the sub-text guys.

"Im a tough guy and i got a tough dog"

any time i see some asshole posing with a pitbull in a video, i want to kick him in the sack.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    some humane expert said most of the times, dudes just shoot the unwanted dogs. those dudes killed them by hanging, drowning, and even slamming their bodies to the ground. what the fuck? that guy must be a lunatic

• Options
    what's scary is that instead of shooting the ones that failed the 'test', vick and those dudes killed them by hanging, drowning, and even slamming their bodies to the ground. what the fuck? that guy must be a lunatic

There's a facet to the culture where you demonstrate how tough you are by killing your losing dog in as fucked up a way possible. Losing dogs are useless to those who take part in the activity, and shooting them is the sissy way out.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Dude has a point though, but what cultural history or significance does dog fighting have?

You're always good for at least one eye roll a day.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    those dudes killed them by hanging, drowning, and even slamming their bodies to the ground. what the fuck?

Fuck that dickhead and fuck anyone involved in dogfighting.

this about sums it up.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I am a big supporter of Slug Fighting .....

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts

Im a big supporter of HUMANS fighting.

You so hard guys? get in the ring with each other then.

fucking wankers.

fuck fuck fuckitty fuck, this really gets my blood boiling.

• This is a serious question, not some passive agresssive shit: doesn't Big Boi have a dog-breeding business or somesuch? Are those just show dogs?

• dayday 9,612 Posts

You're always good for at least one eye roll a day.

What? Someone said it before in the thread so I asked what he was talking about.

What's there to eye roll about.

dude this is a very serious part of Santa Cruz culture. who are we to judge?

This is a serious question, not some passive agresssive shit: doesn't Big Boi have a dog-breeding business or somesuch? Are those just show dogs?

well if he does have a (pitbull, canario, or rottwieler) dog-breeding business, and he does CLAIM that they're for show, that's prolly bullshit.

how many musclebound pitbulls you see taking home ribbons at the Eukanuba show?

• Options
    This is a serious question, not some passive agresssive shit: doesn't Big Boi have a dog-breeding business or somesuch? Are those just show dogs?

well if he does have a (pitbull, canario, or rottwieler) dog-breeding business, and he does CLAIM that they're for show, that's prolly bullshit.

how many musclebound pitbulls you see taking home ribbons at the Eukanuba show?

Big Boi's kennel business

say what you will I guess but I can't hate on these cuties!