WORST BLUE NOTE EVAR?

13»

Comments

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts

Chipotle.

Yuck

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    If you guys don't hear from me for a few days send the body sniffing dogs.

• Strider79itStrider79it 1,176 Posts
    As far as Strider's comment about John Patton being weak...I strongly disagree. There was a conciseness to his stuff........I've never heard Patton do lame AM Gold covers.

what you say it's true, but I mostly talk abt his SOLOS...once the main riff is done, too many times he seems starting noodling around...

sometimes his solos lacks of directions....

and he never went (except maybe for the 2 lp mentioned above) -in-the-pocket with the drums... I don't want to compare him with McDuff or McGriff because it would be like apple and oranges...... SURELY Patton WAS NOT a funky player so it would be wrong expecting him play in THAT way........

I only mean that even the most "OUT" playes , cats like Young or Patterson, here and there, in their LPs used to come out with a funky lick or two ....

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    Yes you bastards, I want the years of 1996-1998 back. I want back all the half hours I spent listening to bullshit like Mr. Shingalaing on Qualudes. If you have them I will trade for private bay area modern soul. There are plenty of good Blue Notes but I find that the kudos for this label go unchecked. Larry Young is rad. Out To Lunch will shred forever. The 2 Anthony Williams records own you. I do not however need to listen to Grant Green cover the Beatles, or anyone playing Ode To Billy Joe, etc. That shit sucks. I cannot for the life of me understand why you people like Places and Spaces. Electric Byrd, yes. Ethiopian Knights, yes. The UA era stuff is mostly totally horrific.

HKUNT:
    sounds like anthony pearson posted this[shred,rad,etc]
    have you no mind of your own?

Yes you bastards, I want the years of 1996-1998 back. I want back all the half hours I spent listening to bullshit like Mr. Shingalaing on Qualudes. If you have them I will trade for private bay area modern soul. There are plenty of good Blue Notes but I find that the kudos for this label go unchecked. Larry Young is rad. Out To Lunch will shred forever. The 2 Anthony Williams records own you. I do not however need to listen to Grant Green cover the Beatles, or anyone playing Ode To Billy Joe, etc. That shit sucks. I cannot for the life of me understand why you people like Places and Spaces. Electric Byrd, yes. Ethiopian Knights, yes. The UA era stuff is mostly totally horrific.

HKUNT:

DEAL

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

HKUNT:

You're right. "Biting is prohibited" isn't strictly enforced around these parts.
    We all owe it to the terd-loving AP, who created 50% of the language on this board!

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    I've never heard Patton do lame AM Gold covers.

But covering Spinning Wheel or Sunshine Superman represents some kind of artistic integrity or originality?

Let me re-emphasize: I'VE NEVER HEARD Patton do lame AM Gold covers. At least not on the records I have.

So if he covered those two songs you mention, the joke's on me.

I am from Orange County. I was born saying Rad.

I am from Orange County. I was born saying Rad.

I ain't mad at cha, bro.

RAD

RAD

SUN GODDESS OWNS YOU.

But covering Spinning Wheel or Sunshine Superman represents some kind of artistic integrity or originality?

Let me re-emphasize: I'VE NEVER HEARD Patton do lame AM Gold covers. At least not on the records I have.

pickwick let's debate on Patton playing... it could be like a :5pager: on that

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I finally feel vindicated for saying I don't like Hammond groove jazz

A in America

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Did you not, as recently as last month, big up Electric Funk on this very board?

Tell the truth!

Did you not, as recently as last month, big up Electric Funk on this very board?

Tell the truth!

I like that record. It is like the the music they would play in a cartoon about pimps.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

Or we can start a Mike Patton vs. John Patton thread and really see who was the fucking dork in 1998.

Or we can start a Mike Patton vs. John Patton thread and really see who was the fucking dork in 1998 2008.

Paging Noz

Tell the truth!

I like that record. It is like the the music they would play in a cartoon about pimps.

ELECTRIC FUNK IS THE DEFINITIVE "FUNKY" HAMMOND RACKORD

.....beside featuring the FUNKIEST PURDIE EVAR

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

Tell the truth!

Electric Funk burns my ass in pubic. Get with the lifestyle brow. Change makes you wanna hustle.

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts
    Places and Spaces is the ultimate ass burn fest.

Absolute nonsense.

You need to step up to the lifestyle.

I AM IN-TO CHAMPAGNE.

Places and Spaces is an excellent record, and the hatters are simply approaching it with the wrong mindset--if you insist on rating it as "jazz" it will rate poorly, but it remains great music.

Street Lady is junk though, IMO.

STREET LADY IS JUNK!!! HELL2THANAW!!!
    WITCH HUNT KILLS IT FOR ME EVERY TIME.

Bonus Beat: the one Terry Clubbup once opened for these purveyors of jam band rare greuve.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

Chipotle.

Yuck

Double-yuck. But if you're buying, a chicken burrito with hot sauce and guac.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    But if you're buying,

I thought, you like, knew Fatback.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    any horace silver record with VOCALS