My Girlfriend Left Me for a Woman.

12346»

Comments

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts
    this happens more and more these days. My sister left her man for a gal. He had a fantastic record collection too...what a shame
    But she wound up marrying this chick anyway and she's happy now. I know you must hate the chick at this point in time, which is understandable, but in the long run it's not worth it. It didn't work out, be happy she's out of your life and on to something new.

Regardless, break-ups suck no matter what the situation. Hang in there man.

• youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
    first of all consider yourself lucky. i have experience in this dept. same thing happened to me. 5 yrs ago. loved my ex to death. was my best friend, shared some of the happiest moments of my life w/ her. together for three yrs. but. . .she just broke up with me w/ no explanation leaving me to feel like the worst boyfriend on earth. didn't know why or anything. felt dreadfull for about a month then people started telling me she was gay. started making alot more sense. honestly theres really nothing you could have done dude. if you love her you will eventually just wish for her to be happy and you will find a new awesome lady who likes men. keep your head up. i feel your pain. peace, stein. . .

• jbarkerjbarker 71 Posts
    Yeah, I've played this gig too. It's not much fun.
    General details were a 3 year relationship, we became good friends with a gay girl (I had more gay friends than she did while we were dating), she started fooling round with her, broke up with me out of the blue then denied being gay (while she was with the girl mind you).
    However, in my situation, aside from the issues of homosexuality, there was also a big factor of rebellion.

At the start, it hurt me a lot more than it hurt her, but lately, she's been calling me crying and stuff, saying she thinks she made a big mistake, I could be the one etc.

After the hurt stopped, I realised it must have been even harder for her than it was for me. Not only did she break up with someone she still had feelings for, but she had to deal with the issue of coming out of the closet. I've seen friends come out and it's not easy.

Any breakup is going to hurt, but the one thing you can take away from this is that you're more mature and comfortable with yourself than she is. It's never good to be dumped, but if you've got a broken heart, a stable creative outlet, a good group of friends and are generally comfortable with your life, you're in a much better position than she is.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    I'm gonna be honest and tell my story of this happening to me.

I was in love and dated this guy for a couple of years, and he introduced the ring to me. It was nice...I've seen better...

BUT ANYWAYS...

He found an apartment in Kansas City and a job for me after we were engaged w/o tellin me. I felt that this was on some control schitt, and I don't deal with that very well. My conscience was telling me to break it off, and I did. One of the good reasons was that I couldn't deal with the newspaper announcement. My last name is Oare, his is Ream. It would say "Ream-Oare" marriage.

He was very heartbroken with the split off, and I as well. I got over him and began to look around...

Before you start thinkn I was looking for lady sex...

I didn't. He did the whole "experiment" thing once he moved to SF. It kind of weirded me out at first, but I figure that is what makes him happy, then so be it. Well, now he's supposedly engaged and he always gives me the 6 month reminder of how great I am. I changed my email address. I still find it weird that his last name is Ream and all that happened. hehehehehehehehehe!!!

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Coulda been worse....

Your last name could be Job.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    Coulda been worse....

Your last name could be Job.

true, true...

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    OMG. Ol' girl's mom is hitting me up now trying to find out more info. this is just getting rediculous.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    OMG. Ol' girl's mom is hitting me up now trying to find out more info. this is just getting rediculous.

don't! stay away and move on.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

Seriously. You don't owe any sort of explanation to anyone. Hell, I had a hard enough time explaining the situation to my own folks.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

too soon?

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts

too soon?

I am suprised no one had posted this yet.

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    Sorry to hear that

Both my best friends father and my girlfriends father were divorced by women that went lesbo.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

wise words. i'm dealing with my ex and the drama that her attention starved situation brings with it. putting them on ignore would be best for your sanity