Essential Black Sabbath LPs

TheeeCasualMaleTheeeCasualMale 2,564 Posts
edited June 2005 in Music Talk
In order of their essentialitude1. Paranoid2. Black Sabbath3. Master of Reality4. Sabbath, Bloody Sabbath5. Vol 4

Comments

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    s/t is the best man

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    I used to think 'Sabotage' was garbage, but it grew on me.

---

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

Do you own any black sabbath

• bwhahaha awesome!!!

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

ssomebody hasn't been checking my checklist but admittedly I didn't hear any of their music until I was about 20

i mean, i dig Sabbath and all, but is it necessary to own their albums is you're a music fan? just wondering what you were implying

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

i mean, i dig Sabbath and all, but is it necessary to own their albums is you're a music fan? just wondering what you were implying

I do beleive he was trying impy some sort of muysic superiority/ snobbery. You see once you get hung up on something as silly michael Jackson LP's you are discounted as a true fan of music and therefore must be talked down to when referring to "real" music.

ain't no room to have different tastes the_mack the sooner you learn that the better

oh, and dont you dare ever try to have fun when talking about music. Cats get killed over shit like that!

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts

1. Black Sabbath
    2. Paranoid
    3. Vol. 4
    4. Sabbath, Bloody Sabbath
    5. Masters of Reality

I put Vol. 4 3rd only because i always skip Laguna Sunrise however Supernaut makes up for my issues with that track.

• I think it would only be important for folks who claim they are rock "super fans" or some shit...

P.S. you cant fuck with Masters Of Reality. It has "Into The Void".

• merlemerle 39 Posts

---

specifically, side 2 rocks.

Yeah I would actually say it is necessary to own, or have owned (and listened to) Black Sabbath classic LPs

If you don't like the Sabbath you don't like the rock music! And if you don't like the rock music then you're just a pansy ass. Fucking lame ass white guys who are like, "I only really like soul and funk. Check out my sideburns, hey let's go find some emo asian girls" And suspect ass Black guys who are like "fuck rock music that's that headbanger white dude shit dawg" YOU ARE ALL FUCKING LOSERS

Damn me and Justin are drinking the same haterade! I have been in the car for 7 out of the last 24 hours, so I am going to go now.

I do beleive he was trying impy some sort of muysic superiority/ snobbery. You see once you get hung up on something as silly michael Jackson LP's you are discounted as a true fan of music and therefore must be talked down to when referring to "real" music.

ain't no room to have different tastes the_mack the sooner you learn that the better

oh, and dont you dare ever try to have fun when talking about music. Cats get killed over shit like that!

Listen you ass I told you not to speak sideways to me

Now before I go I am going to laugh at you because you act like rediscovering Michael Jackson is some shit

I am burning the same copies I have been rocking since when I was fucking five and I didn't need to get into Modern Soul to listen "Off The Wall"

HA HA HA!

Bye

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts

Laguna Sunrise

is that that real sissy sounding instrumental track? ha ha!

um, yeah, i kinda like that track.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    is record dealer Sonathan going to be twice as salty as non-record dealer Sonathan?

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts

---

specifically, side 2 rocks.

check ozzy's platforms & kimono look...

is that ward in the tights? "not a good look"

• 1. Black Sabbath[/b]
    2. Paranoid
    3. Vol 4
    4. Master of Reality
    5. Sabbath, Bloody Sabbath

two words:

THE WIZARD!!!![/b].... dude!

Yeah I would actually say it is necessary to own, or have owned (and listened to) Black Sabbath classic LPs

If you don't like the Sabbath you don't like the rock music! And if you don't like the rock music then you're just a pansy ass. Fucking lame ass white guys who are like, "I only really like soul and funk. Check out my sideburns, hey let's go find some emo asian girls" And suspect ass Black guys who are like "fuck rock music that's that headbanger white dude shit dawg" YOU ARE ALL FUCKING LOSERS

Damn me and Justin are drinking the same haterade! I have been in the car for 7 out of the last 24 hours, so I am going to go now.
    im sayin dude. chillax. i like Sabbath. but i rather listen to the Beach Boys or MOP

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts

Laguna Sunrise

yes. now i know why you like Eyes Wide Shut but hate David Lynch

im sayin dude. chillax. i like Sabbath. but i rather listen to the Beach Boys or MOP

You went out like a bitch dog

PSSSHHHTT! and BTW, wheres my official copy of the mixtape son? i know ya'll lazy fuckas aint still workin on it. i got it on my comp but need a copy for the whip son!!!!!!

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    For me:

1. Master Of Reality
    2. Black Sabbath
    3. Sabbath Bloody Sabbath
    4. Sabotage
    5. Paranoid

And other great albums, in no particular order:
    * Heaven & Hell
    * Mob Rules
    * Live Evil
    * Born Again
    * The Eternal Idol

• pknypkny 549 Posts
    I put Vol. 4 3rd only because i always skip Laguna Sunrise however Supernaut makes up for my issues with that track.

Nah, the track to skip on Vol. 4 is "FX"...what kind of drugs were they on to let that get on the album? It's like they were so f'ed up that they forgot to check what they recorded before they sent the album out for mastering. To answer the question, the first 6 albums are pretty much unfuckwitable in their own way.

Has anyone out there seen the footage of them plaing "NIB" and "War Pigs" from Paris 1970? So so necessary.

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts

Laguna Sunrise

yes. now i know why you like Eyes Wide Shut but hate David Lynch

excuse me? im too manly to dignify that with a response. now if youll excuse me, my friend tivo'd last weeks episode of "dancing with the stars" and i'll be damned if im gonna miss that over some ebeef.

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
    In order of their essentialitude

1. Paranoid
    2. Black Sabbath
    3. Master of Reality
    4. Sabbath, Bloody Sabbath
    5. Vol 4

Dog.
    You can't make a post like this.
    Unless you got the "hesh" to back it up.

I carved Sabbath lyrics into my leg with a razor in 7th grade. WHAT!?

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,080 Posts
    "Supernaut" is with the bongos and "Electric Funeral" is that blaaaaaaazing downtempo shit. I saw Jeff Fenholt (the "missing" BS member) preaching on a religious channel once

TheMack wrote:

but i rather listen to the Beach Boys

Out of curiosity, do you like them outside of "Pet Sounds"? No hate, just curious.

• WHAT!?

Hmmmm... how you say?
    Aaaaaah yes...

PSSSHHHTT! and BTW, wheres my official copy of the mixtape son? i know ya'll lazy fuckas aint still workin on it. i got it on my comp but need a copy for the whip son!!!!!!

dude burn a cd

• BeardedDBeardedD 770 Posts
    All of the first six albums (up to Sabotage) are completely essential. They are definitely the greatest rock band who ever was. And I agree with whoever said that if you don't like Sabbath you can EAT SHIT.