How often do you cry?

kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
edited July 2007 in Strut Central
confession, and i feel no shame:I was listening to Side B of The Faces- Oh, La, La...just chilling on the couch, breeze blowing through the curtains, listening to cars drive by, watching a ballgame on mute. It gets to 'Glad and Sorry,' and I just started BAWLING MY EYES OUT. Goddamn, I just started crying so fucking hard...damn. Man. it felt so good.I cry about once a year, and it has been about a year, and so this must have been the one for 2007. I wish it was more- it is such an overwhelming and cleansing feeling. I'll probably be a little messy for the rest of the afternoon- when i finally let go, it tends to be an all day affair.

Comments

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    my boston peeps are a mess today!

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,893 Posts
    NEVAR THAT SOHN.

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    NEVAR THAT SOHN.

FUCK THAT, SON.

If you can't sit down for the occasional cry, then I feel sorry for you. God damn, it is a beautiful feeling...just such a unique and cleansing emotional experience. Like I said, I wish I did more, but then it wouldn't be as powerful.

Don't you remember Rosey Greer (soul and NFL superstar) from Sesame Street? EVERYONE cries.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Don't you remember Rosey Greer (soul and NFL superstar) from Sesame Street FREE TO BE YOU AND ME?

What's really sad is that these days I'm far more likely to
    cry from watching a sappy movie or seeing some tragedy on the
    news than over anything that personally affects my life.

Don't you remember Rosey Greer (soul and NFL superstar) from Sesame Street FREE TO BE YOU AND ME?

I hear that, but sometimes I think things like the news, movies, or in my case, a song, can sort of synthesize the feelings from our personal life that we are more reluctant to express.

• 8bits8bits 146 Posts
    My girl..
    on the daily

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    I'm crying on the inside.

yeah, wifey is closer to a weekly, but either way...for her, it does not have the shock factor that it does for me.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts

cosign on that one! ever since i got married... its weird.

umm... thursday at 3am when i woke up screaming in pain cause my leg hurt. i cried. though once i got to ER and started on morphine i felt better and stopped crying.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    I've never cried in my entire life.

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts
    Son I cried when me & my girl was fighting!
    her tears made me tear..shit

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    I cried during the movie Millions when [SPOILER]the young boy talks to his dead mother[/SPOILER] simply because she reminded me of my mom who died of breast cancer back in 99. I had a delayed reaction to my mothers death and only really started confronting the reality of it like 6 or 7 years after she died. I was dealing with a lot of issues with my mothers death at the time for various reasons.

I cried during the movie Millions when SPOILER>the young boy talks to his dead mother/SPOILER> simply because she reminded me of my mom who died of breast cancer back in 99. I had a delayed reaction to my mother death and only really started confronting the reality of it like 6 or 7 years after she died. I was dealing with a lot of issues with my mothers death at the time for various reasons.

that is beautiful.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts

i find this hard to believe. youve never been upset enough to shed a tear over a fight, a death, an emotional moment? your life has never encountered such matters?

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    The last time I cried was a month ago at my wedding. My wife said it was the first time she ever saw me cry, but I cry during sappy movies all the time and she doesn't notice.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    A few months ago: I'm not ashamed to admit I cried like a little girl after seeing her pet cat get run over when I was taking out the trash barefooted and one of the heavier recycle bins slipped and fell on my foot (I'm such a dumbass), causing half of my big toenail to break off.

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    I cry during sappy movies all the time and she doesn't notice.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

i find this hard to believe. youve never been upset enough to shed a tear over a fight, a death, an emotional moment? your life has never encountered such matters?

Ofcourse I'm kidding man. Last time I cried was like 2 months ago when I watched "A guide to recognizing your saints".

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    Fuck ya'll. If I'm standing still, I'm dancin on the inside.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

I hear that, but sometimes I think things like the news, movies, or in my case, a song, can sort of synthesize the feelings from our personal life that we are more reluctant to express.

Well said. I've seen some awful things in the hospital recently, but it only really comes out when a song comes on that hits the same nerve, only completely unexpectedly, or a movie deals with a similar moment.

Real men cry. Then they kill things. That's how we do.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    tear ducts are for SUCKERS

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts
    I haven't cried in a while. I will admit that a good cry is therapeutic Although I did tear up when I heard Pharoah Sanders play live recently.

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts
    I don??t cry often, but when I do It??s generally at a strange time. My eyes water more often (lite-cry), but actual tear-shedding is raer.

I??ve only ever cried ONCE when watching a movie, and I REALLY surprised myself..

It was during "Castaway" when Hanks loses his pet volleyball, "Watson", on the ocean.

- J

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    i shed a few tears earlier this year when my main hommie Boo-Boo was put to sleep. she was a part of my life for almost 20 years.

(sayin goodbye an hour before she was put to sleep)

• GambleGamble 844 Posts
    I cried last at the Walt Disney concert hall, a performance of Mozart's Mass in C Minor / Stravinksy's Symphony of Psalms.

I cried when my grandfather died. I didn't really know him. I think it was seeing my uncle, the de facto head of my family, crying that i was really reacting to. Or maybe feeling guilty for not getting to know my grand father beter. Or maybe feeling guilty for not feeling enough.

I spent a huge part of my child hood crying, dealing with my mothers hiv and drug addiction. As a result, i dont do it with any regularity these days.

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts
    I was at my girl's place last night, comin home from getting some takeout and Samuel Barber's Adagio for Strings, Op. 11 was playing on the radio - she leaves Jazz FM on for her dog while he's home alone. I told her that I absolutely loved the choral version rather than strings. So I found it online and proceeded to play it very loudly for her. Then I just cried.

That piece of music is one of the most beautiful things I've ever experienced. And it's weird because it had that effect the first time I listened, but it hasn't diminished over time. If I'm in a sentimental mood, or have some emotional shit on my mind, that song will trigger the tears. Even if I'm not feeling emotional, I'll still well up a bit with tears.

There are a lot of times that I've cried because of music. And I think those times are the best. It's not necessarily sadness, or even happiness... it's just like an overwhelming of raw emotion.

I tend to be pretty easy with the tears though. I guess I'm a true

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    i got real teary last night. my girl has got me lifted like no other.

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    I cry when I see this:

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I think it was seeing my uncle, the de facto head of my family, crying that i was really reacting to.

Yes, this now reminds me of the last time I fully bawled,
    not "teared up" but cried openly without any control - it was
    at my Aunt Anne's funeral ... I was not all that close with
    her or my Uncle/Cousins ... but as I stood in church and looked
    at my relatives, and saw the pain on their faces, could feel their
    terrible loss and sadness filling the room, knew the months and
    months they had spent watching their wife & Mother slowly die from cancer,
    I was overcome with despair and cried like I hadn't in years and years.