Mixtapes you listen to the most

Comments

• brokenrecord: we appreciate your input here, but please, please, PLEASE change your avatar. we would all appreciate it. I don't want to have to make a thread devoted to this issue. thanks and have a great weekend!
    huh?

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    brokenrecord: we appreciate your input here, but please, please, PLEASE change your avatar. we would all appreciate it. I don't want to have to make a thread devoted to this issue. thanks and have a great weekend!
    huh?

I thought my post was pretty clear.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    DJ Ivory - Hear No Evil Vol. 1

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Rjd2- Your face or your kneecaps
    Paul Nice- Soul on the Grill

• brokenrecord: we appreciate your input here, but please, please, PLEASE change your avatar. we would all appreciate it. I don't want to have to make a thread devoted to this issue. thanks and have a great weekend!
    huh?

I thought my post was pretty clear.

No....in addition to having bad taste, I'm pretty dense. I guess you're going to have to spell it out. Feel free to PM me if it's an issue that's too sensitive for you post publicly though...

I am completely open to change. I saw some sweet, sizzlin, avatariffic pix of Beckham's juicy booty recently.

• IronfeetIronfeet 516 Posts

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts
    I am not that much into mixtapes, but these two have been in heavy rotation in the past and they have been rediscovered since they came up on the strut again some time ago.

babu - comprehension

shortkut - reconstructed elements

• JATXJATX 258 Posts

I also like a lot of the old Screw tapes- he did a promo for a Lil Keke album called "All Work, No Play" that is

That tape actually came out way after "Dont Mess With Texas". I dont think it was a promo for Keke's album, unless your cd says otherwise. The real Screw tape you need in your life is "3 in the Mornin" if you dont have it. It makes "All Work" sound Bush League.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    lots of mixes by Strutters-
    YES.
    Strutter M. Dejean posted "Ghetto Abstract" which is one of my favorites at the office.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    cosmos love break cds - the coworkers LOVE THEM!

elevens mop and houston 2cd - i played the houston mix so many times it doesnt work anymore... have to get another!

matthew africa/josh beas soul boulders - absolutely fantastic group of tunes. where else am i going to get water colors?!?!

matthew africas too short mix - gotta love that!

big tony from chicagos mixes... all of them! - listening to grain right now (the one with vics trading as the cover) and its tarded to the max! i still want a tracklist of this! i need more mixes tony STAT!

rob ones spring/summer mixes - ive been listening to these for 10yrs and theyre still dope.

dantes grown folks night out - a mix he sent me a few years back. has some great sweet soul tracks on it.

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts
    Both Well Done and Rajaz Meter are in heavy rotation over here right now.

- J

• Mr_DelmontMr_Delmont 279 Posts
    Premo's Crooklyn Cuts (Tape A,B,C,D,E.........)

I used to have them all....sold them on Ebay though.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts

PSYCRUNK was the shit, I still bump that. and the Too Short mix was awesome, I play that all the time.

I liked those old 1200 hobos tapes. I think they were "Evolution" and "Tapes, Skills and Technics", the latter having a bunch of grimy wu tang remixes (and maybe some other remixes) at the end. It's been a while. I also played "Break Builders" by DJ Zeph and Imperial a lot, it was a nice mix of mostly dollarbin breaks and funky tracks.

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts

YES!!!!!!!

one needs only to check the announcements page for good mixtapes.

dj b-cause & matt africa - soul boulders
    night of the remix
    impalaville
    king most - maximum joy
    the 2600 king - heavy session
    etc, the list is heavy.

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts

night of the remix.

Huge co-sign. I'd say one of the few mix-cd's post "turntablist" and "digger" era tapes that I really bump still. That joint held me down real heard while out in europe. I even bought if for a few people/made them cop it.

CERTIFIED HOOD CLASSIC

king most- maximum joy

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts

night of the remix.

Huge co-sign.

The dude J*sh was kind enough to give me one of the copies he was selling the first time I met up with him at a gig in the Mission. I bumped the hell out of that CD for like 6 weeks (that is a LONG time for me these days). Thanks again, J!

• SLurgSLurg 446 Posts
    you guys are some q bert type nerds. Doesn't anyone here listen to Ron G, Doo Wop, DJ Juice????
    Most tapes mentioned here are nothing like Q-Bert's tapes.

I would go with Tony Touch 50 MC's, Doo Wop 95 Live, Q-Bert Demolition Pumpkin Squeeze Music .

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    Hip-hop mixes:
    DJ Eclipse - Coffee Syrup
    Premo - Crooklyn Cuts especially tape C for some reason
    95 Live

Break mixes:
    Q-Bert - Demolition Pumpkin Squeeze
    Soulman - World Of Beats Vol 2 & 3
    Kon & Amir - On Track 1-3

I'm so glad iPod's were invented so I can have all of these mixes without fear of my walkman eating them. I just wish I could get better quality versions of the Crooklyn Cuts tapes.

Crooklyn Cuts (A,B,C,&D) on 4CDs.

http://cgi.ebay.com/DJ-PREMIER-Crooklyn-...1QQcmdZViewItem

Anybody know what the sound quality is like?

• wyzewayzwyzewayz 303 Posts
    I gotta give it up to paul nice for breakz 4 dayz

Thats what i'm talking about.

Thanks Jaymack!

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    Can anyone upload any dj Rip One mixtapes? "Ripping shit up" got crazy run in my car. Also:

Exile's side on "Imaginary Friends"
    Dibbs "Evoloution", "Turntable Scientifics", & "Tape Skills and Techniques"
    Q-Bert "Preschool Break mix"
    Tony Touch 50 mc's joint
    Babu Compehension ---probally played this one the most
    Cut Chemist Rare Equations
    J-Rocc "Breaking Atmos"
    Rhettmatic and J-Rocc "Dynamic Duo"
    Shortkut "reconstructed elements"
    vin roc & ed swift
    O-Dub's old indie rap tapes[/b]. Seriously...i loved those tapes.

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
    Crooklyn Cuts (A,B,C,&D) on 4CDs.

Damn I forgot about this!
    I got this on cassette somewhere.. time to dig that shit up.

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts

And add:

I hope Trojan keeps this series up.

• deepbrntdeepbrnt 241 Posts
    AEIOU2
    Ron C's Fuck Action series
    Arthur King Gangsta Boogie
    amongst many

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    muro- king of diggin tapes from like 93
    on track #5
    Paul Nice-Breaks for days