Other collections...

EscalanteEscalante 197 Posts
edited April 2005 in Off Topic (NRR)
So what else does everyone on here "dig" for. I'm partial to the Puppett Master action figures. I also try to snatch up any other horror movie related toys I come across. I also got a thing for cheesy horror movies, and as of late been really diggin' asian horror flicks.I'm also starting to get really into this baseball season and I'm thinking 'bout breaking out my old card collection and get that moving again.

Comments

• ArchaicArchaic 633 Posts
    My last eBay purchase was a 1981 Coca Cola New Orleans Saints 45-card team set. They came in packs of 3 with 12-packs of Coke when they were issued. We used to rip them out of unbought 12-pack boxes at the grocery store. Noticed in recent years that I no longer had any of them from back then. Can't wait to get my hands on cards of the likes of Wayne Wilson, Kenny Bordelon, Rich Mauti, etc.

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
    I'm always on the hunt for professional cookware, books, shirts without tails, 34x32 Cintas pants, out of print films, home movies, cameras with film in them, amazing artwork, etc. etc.

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    I think I've managed to settle down on all my other collecting habits since coming back to records. My big bugs were

Comics (stopped collecting when I was 15)
    Movie posters (bought a huge collection in '95, now I don't need any more)
    Pulp paperbacks (they simply don't show up nowadays)
    Books about movies/design (the internet filled that niche)
    Magazines (ditto)
    Videos (I'm unloading VHS by the truckload cos it's a shitty format).

Probably the only other things I still pick up are DVDs, but since most of those aren't really rare/collectable at this point, I generally don't have a problem getting rid of the ones I won't watch again. But that vinyl is a killa.

• the3rdstreamthe3rdstream 1,980 Posts
    i collect pictures of the_mack that he has posted on soulstrut

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    I collect snowboard and skate videos going back to the mid 80's.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I have a collection of vintage pulp hardboiled paperbacks and hardcovers that is probably more "impressive" (as in, more raers and valuables) than my record collection...anyone who has checked out my BLOG has probably noticed my somewhat heavy-handed attempt to combine my two passions, trying in vain to make a 60's-soul-oriented radio show somehow connect with Film Noir and hardboiled pulps...

This is my most treasured item, and gave my blog it's name, although I actually have the unabridged hardcover 1st printing in dustjacket:

I get the same rush when I find a David Goodis or Fredric Brown PBO on the shelf of some dusty basement used bookstore, as I do finding Grant Green Live LP's or an Eddie Bo 45 at a yard sale...on a trip to Chicago last year, I came back with a stack of holy grail paperbacks, my blood racing as I found each new one (mostly in one amazing store near Lincoln Park), while the record digging that I spent most of my days there doing turned up results that were only

Anybody got a copy of Fredric Brown's "The Bloody Moonlight" they wanna trade for a Preacher 45?

do you happen to have one of a dude throwin up in a parking lot and then yelling out "NO RULES!!!!!" that video was great

do you happen to have one of a dude throwin up in a parking lot and then yelling out "NO RULES!!!!!" that video was great

Might be one of the old Whiskey videos or an old Plan B video.....

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    lunchboxes/thermoses
    pop signs/clocks/thermometers
    toys
    pretty much anything and everything visually cool to me

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    I think I've managed to settle down on all my other collecting habits since coming back to records. My big bugs were

Comics (stopped collecting when I was 15)[/b]
    Magazines (ditto)
    Videos (I'm unloading VHS by the truckload cos it's a shitty format). [/b]

Probably the only other things I still pick up are DVDs[/b], but since most of those aren't really rare/collectable at this point, I generally don't have a problem getting rid of the ones I won't watch again. But that vinyl is a killa.

Marco and I have been living parallel lives for some time now

my fiend has it, i will ask him next time i see em, they also did a lot of some stuff to a dude while he was asleep (way pre-jackass bam shit)

my fiend has it, i will ask him next time i see em, they also did a lot of some stuff to a dude while he was asleep (way pre-jackass bam shit)

That would be CKY then.

Comics (stopped collecting when I was 15)[/b]
    Magazines (ditto)
    Videos (I'm unloading VHS by the truckload cos it's a shitty format). [/b]

Probably the only other things I still pick up are DVDs[/b], but since most of those aren't really rare/collectable at this point, I generally don't have a problem getting rid of the ones I won't watch again. But that vinyl is a killa.

Marco and I have been living parallel lives for some time now

I forgot to add:

Surf movies and books/mags about surfing

• EscalanteEscalante 197 Posts
    Don't know if I could ever get back into comics again. They just don't have the same appeal to me..

That would be CKY then.

no, i meant its not them(sorry for confusion i want to go home), its like early 90s late 80s, these dudes were just some real raw dogs

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    Raj, you still got the picture of my top 5 colognes?

• REMODEREMODE 91 Posts
    I collect Kung Fu Movies mostly VHS.Got around 4 to 5 hundred titles.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    truff you do

truff you do

but the thing you should worry about is i have heard that these same pics are plastered all over the "pleasure dome"

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

YOU SICK BASTARD!!

I collect Kung Fu Movies mostly VHS.Got around 4 to 5 hundred titles.

wow...are there more than 250 really worth having? There's a lot of pretty suspect Kung Fu VHS out there.

YOU SICK BASTARD!!

why is yours different than my copy?

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
    I get the same rush when I find a David Goodis or Fredric Brown PBO on the shelf of some dusty basement used bookstore,

My friend recently put me on to Fredric Brown. "The Far Cry" blew me away, but that's all I've checked for so far. I'm excited about the prospect of more, though!

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    yeah.. the tint on the orange record label on yours is a 1/2 tone darker orange than mine.....

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    yeah.. the tint on the orange record label on yours is a 1/2 tone darker orange than mine.....

look harder (pause)

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts

YOU SICK BASTARD!!

why is yours different than my copy?
    hey that dirty dancing poster isnt mine, I SWEAR!

look harder (pause)

TheMack looks like he's having the time of his life!

TheMack looks like he's having the time of his life!

nobody puts the_mack in the corner

• Man, I got to holler at that Dirty Dancing poster!

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

"oh, themack, your beatz make me HOOOTTTTT!!!"