Weasel Poop Coffee

pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
edited July 2007 in Strut Central
So I just had Kopi Luwak coffee.Some weird Indonesian weasel-ish creature eats coffee cherries, craps out the beans, then some poor person picks em' out the poo. After that, stupid people buy it for $150 a pound and I drank some. Shit was actually good.

Comments

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts

Shit was actually good.

I thought you said they take the beans out?

• Options
    So I just had Kopi Luwak coffee.Some weird Indonesian weasel-ish creature eats coffee cherries, craps out the beans, then some poor person picks em' out the poo. After that, stupid people buy it for $150 a pound and I drank some.

Shit was actually good.

I'd try that, definitely.

I was going to start a coffee thread, I've been drinking Seattle's Best Cinnabon, it's been good to me these last couple weeks.

Who's drinking what?

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    it's actually a lemur.

I've had it before....it's, well, alright.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    So I just had Kopi Luwak coffee.Some weird Indonesian weasel-ish creature eats coffee cherries, craps out the beans, then some poor person picks em' out the poo. After that, stupid people buy it for $150 a pound and I drank some.

Shit was actually good.

I'd try that, definitely.

I was going to start a coffee thread, I've been drinking Seattle's Best Cinnabon, it's been good to me these last couple weeks.

Who's drinking what?

soy chai 4 lyfe.

oh and con leche's.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    I was going to start a coffee thread

I've been pounding 3 of these a day...
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    "Iced Coffee" (Americano) with a little...

...and a splash of cream

I keep things simple!

• Options
    My girlfriend busts on me for using a Pyrex measuring cup as a coffee mug. She's in the wrong I believe.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

I've been pounding 3 of these a day...
    "Iced Coffee" (Americano) with a little...

...and a splash of cream

I keep things toxic!

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

hahaha me too. it's been months since our last one.

I'm on 1-2 double espressos a day and 2-3 cups regular filter coffee.

never no sugar or cream.

I've always had one excuse or another for my high caffeine intake, but now that I'm out of school for good and settling into a new job I think it may be time to finally address my addiction.

• My girlfriend busts on me for using a Pyrex measuring cup as a coffee mug. She's in the wrong I believe.

My wife gets pissed when I ruin all her Pyrex from the crack I cook up at the crib.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

hahaha me too. it's been months since our last one.

I'm on 1-2 double espressos a day and 2-3 cups regular filter coffee.

never no sugar or cream.

I've always had one excuse or another for my high caffeine intake, but now that I'm out of school for good and settling into a new job I think it may be time to finally address my addiction.

My old college roommate tried to kick nicotine and caffeine at pretty much the same time. He had an easier time quitting nicotine and definitely went through some ugly caffeine withdrawl.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I just went to Groundwork in downtown LA to try this shit out:

http://www.topix.net/content/trb/0653307278334369786312665986690397601427

The Clover is supposed to make the best fucking drip coffee on the planet (and for 11K, you better hope it does). I had it make a cup of $5.50 drip, using these $150/lb Panamanian beans (no monkey poop that I know of)...and the result was:

Profoundly...
    ...underwhelming.

This was a seriously mediocre cup of coffee - watery, fruity to the point of being sour, AND slightly bitter. It's about as bad a cup as I've had at STARBUCKS. Yikes.

Not sure if it was the bean...the barista...the Clover but whatever the case, that was pretty disappointing. If it had merely been a "good" cup of coffee, I would have been fine with that. But this was an undeniably bad cup of coffee. I guess I'll give this another shot with a different bean another time but still...

My girlfriend busts on me for using a Pyrex measuring cup as a coffee mug. She's in the wrong I believe.

My wife gets pissed when I ruin all her Pyrex from the crack I cook up at the crib.

you guys need some fiends that'll bring you those shits on the weekly. crackheads coming to the door at all hours with fresh pyrex should please the wife.

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    When I'm not downing the lemur poo blend, we got some niceness in the office. I roll somewhere between 1-3 with a lil soy a day.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

if you sneak the pyrex out after she leaves for work in the morning and return it when she's sleeping later that night she'll never know.

learn from my mistakes and be sure to wash all the cracky stuff out before putting it back on the shelf

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    I started this job in January and was drinking watery burnt swill at a chain called Java Joe's for the first few months until this guy at work took me to this place a little further down the street, Fresh Start. Their americanos are amazing - delicious, smooth, foamy on top and strong - the highlight of my mornings. I guess the fact that couriers get their fix there is a good sign, too.

The other day I was so distracted by talking, I tipped the cup and spilled some of it on my pants. A really nice pair of wide leg light gray pants. I swore, the staff behind the counter heard me and then it all turned into ER. They were pointing furiously at their bathroom (I still managed to go into the supply room first) and then there was this mad dash to get me paper towels. I finally emerged with two huge wet spots on the front of my pants and the place, of course, was now PACKED. I only spilled a small amount, but they made me a whole new americano and kept asking me if I was OK and everyone in line was staring and it was all very embarrassing. My co-workers just stood by silently and tired to act like nothing was happening. I think I would have reacted the same way.

PS. My pants are fine!

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts

I keep things toxic[/b]!

Is there a better sugar alternative I don't know about? I've heard Splenda is the better choice, but I must be wrong?

Learn me.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

I keep things toxic[/b]!

Is there a better sugar alternative I don't know about? I've heard Splenda is the better choice, but I must be wrong?

Learn me.

whats wrong with just dealing with the real stuff?

I keep things toxic[/b]!

Learn me.

BROWN SUGAR.

I keep things toxic[/b]!

Learn me.

BROWN SUGAR.

BLACK COFFEE.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    I try and stay away from sugar unless I'm eating fresh fruit or something, trying to lose a little. Low carb, no sugar. I'm fully prepared to be put on blast here!

I keep things toxic[/b]!

Learn me.

BROWN SUGAR.

BLACK COFFEE.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts

BLACK COFFEE.

Call me but

YUCK!

• Options

I keep things toxic[/b]!

Learn me.

BROWN SUGAR.

I get that Turbinado Raw Cane stuff from Trader Joes, it's similar or the same thing as Sugar In The Raw. Tastes way better than the white stuff. I cant fuck with Splenda personally, it has a chemical taste to me.

I've never used regular brown sugar in coffee, you really do that Spanky? I never thought of that.

• So I just had Kopi Luwak coffee. Some weird Indonesian weasel-ish creature eats coffee cherries, craps out the beans,

it's a cat...

well... at least cat-like...

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

BLACK COFFEE.

Most definitely.

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    So I just had Kopi Luwak coffee. Some weird Indonesian weasel-ish creature eats coffee cherries, craps out the beans,

it's a cat...

Lemur, cat, weasel, whatever the fuck, I drank poo coffee.

• BLACK COFFEE.

Hey, if it was good enough for Agent Dale Cooper, it should be good enough for you....people.

Coffee/caffeine is about the one vice I *have* avoided. Now somebody pass me my "gear".

Brown sugar in coffee - if you like sugar - kicks ass. The better places I've gotten coffee in SF - Blue Bottle, Philz, even Arizmendi, etc. - all put out brown sugar. It's not just that it's not refined white sugar (crunchy hippie alert!) but brown sugar gets its color from molasses and coffee made with brown sugar has a richer, more caramel undertones to it. At home, if I want a sweetener, I either use brown sugar or I also tried Sucanat (which are natural sugar cane crystals) and to me, it makes a huge difference.

Hey, if it was good enough for Agent Dale Cooper, it should be good enough for you....people.

saying. now I just need some pie.

• So I just had Kopi Luwak coffee. Some weird Indonesian weasel-ish creature eats coffee cherries, craps out the beans,

it's a cat...

Lemur, cat, weasel, whatever the fuck, I drank poo coffee.

i wanna try it! i bet it tastes great. i always talk about it at the botanical gardens. i'm a guide there and always tell the Kopi Kuwak story to visitors when we pass by the coffee trees.