new Edan

2»

Comments

• Really liking the 'Drop Some...' remix.

and sheepy, thats one funny flick!

• RAW_HAMBURGERRAW_HAMBURGER 1,438 Posts
    refreshing...edan is the mufuckin man...the only mc im checking for in the shitty city that i reside.
    the hommie as well.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    its not like that haircut is totally unique to edan or anything, but there is a guy in my town who not only rocks that hair but looks EXACTLY like him, it was weird...i remember showing a picture of edan to my friend who works at a bar here and she was like "oh yeah, he was in the bar a couple days ago" and i was like nah...but then i saw this dude a few days later and figured it out

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    edan is the mufuckin man

no question.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I'm still looking for that E**ar Bro****on B**d album
    he turned me onto a few months ago ... that was the day
    I learned he and K*n have VIP access to secret stashes at one
    of my regular spots ...

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts

Investment banker AND stock broker. There we go.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    SEX RAPPPS

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    I think he has a new album dropping in 6 to 8 years.

• kalakala 3,358 Posts
    mcs smoke crack and other early edan joints up on the wall at big city records for 40 bucks a pop
    i will cosign++++ on these new beats and
    beauty and the beat as the most psychedelic stand out hip hop lp/ producer/mc of the last 10 years
    holmes gettin down with that boss delay pedal like "the edge" and shit

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Man, I really want to like Edan. The beats on Beauty and the Beat were really dope. He can rap, no question. His voice grates on my ears for some reason though, I can't figure out why. I feel like I just need to give it some more listening time.

This is exactly how I feel too. Something about that rappin' that I can't put my finger on. I think it's the way he enunciates the words.

But the man is talented for sure. Nuff respect. That Ultra tribute he did was funny as hell.

• kalakala 3,358 Posts
    its like his voice is almost nasal but not quite
    peter brady with the puberty frog

• bass_feverbass_fever 974 Posts
    Man, I really want to like Edan. The beats on Beauty and the Beat were really dope. He can rap, no question. His voice grates on my ears for some reason though, I can't figure out why. I feel like I just need to give it some more listening time.

This is how I felt about his older material...but, on "beauty and the beat" I think his voice, cadence, enunceations, etc. sound fine...check "torture chamber" w/ Percee P...

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts

This is how I felt about his older material...but, on "beauty and the beat" I think his voice, cadence, enunceations, etc. sound fine...check "torture chamber" w/ Percee P...

Yeah I feel the same way. I can appreciate his older stuff, but never really got into his music until Beauty and The Beat. It's in my top five hip hop albums for sure.

This new track is

Magically, sexually, life was spread rapidly
    Vasectomy, to decimate the legacy was futile
    Whenever I write, I give life to a new child
    The music sound nubile
    I'm fit to have sex with rap, and prolly procreate a new style
    Spermatozoa devoted to searching the biological ocean for control of the ova

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    I wasn't too ctazy about Architecture. I think he was just finding his voice on that one. Primative Plus is an all time favorite of mine. There's jokes for days on that record & the beats were fresh. People shouldn't sleep.

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts

This is exactly how I feel too. Something about that rappin' that I can't put my finger on. I think it's the way he enunciates the words.

But the man is talented for sure. Nuff respect. That Ultra tribute he did was funny as hell.

could be the way he records the vocals for the album, i cant explain it but it sounds rough.

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    has anybody picked up the box set of the 7 inches? I just noticed it was available now and then I saw on the Stones Throw site that the Edan song is not the correct version and that they will send people the correct one if they mail it back to them. Has anyone seen one of these in an actual store? I'm not feeling like ordering them online.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    has anybody picked up the box set of the 7 inches? I just noticed it was available now and then I saw on the Stones Throw site that the Edan song is not the correct version and that they will send people the correct one if they mail it back to them. Has anyone seen one of these in an actual store? I'm not feeling like ordering them online.

wrong version = future

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    That's what I thought too

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts
    What's wrong with it? Wrong mix? Completely wrong song??

Inquiring minds want to know.

• macacamacaca 278 Posts
    What's wrong with it? Wrong mix? Completely wrong song??
    Inquiring minds want to know.

same lyrics. he just wanted to add effects.
    he thought it sounded too plain. sounded good to me.

• mc/dj/producer/record cover designer/hair style mogul/berklee music drop out. killin it alway.

peep my homie's "drop some smooth lyrics" remix. http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=356416