girl gets her hand blown off by an m60

edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
edited July 2007 in Strut Central
after grilling and drinking me and pals were considering going to dolores park but decided against it cause it was packed as hell and shit was going off everywhere. it was scary. what's worse is that some dumbass threw an M60 at this girl who is a drummer in a local band and blew her hand apart.[/b] i got this forwarded to me this afternoon:Subject: Roisin Isner, Tinkture drummerHello,I am Roisin's father. July 4th, Roisin and friends were in Dolores Park watching fireworks. Some stupid piece of shit threw an M60 at them. It landed on Roisin's right hand and blew it apart. She will undego surgery later this morning but it doesn't look good. Most likely she will lose her index finger; second and third fingers will also be permanently impaired and disfigured. Needless to say, her musical career is over.I want this fucker. Media attention will help flush him out. People know who did it and I'm offering $20,000 for a name. Please do whatever is necessary to get the story out. Do so and I will reward you as well.Thank you,Chris Isner[email]chrisisner@hotmail.com[/email]------------------------------------fucked up shit

Comments

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    what about the lady that looked down that battery of mortar shells when it didnt go off and it blew her head off?

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Man, people fucking suck.

Grrrrrrrrr

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    I heard about this last night.

I have a homie in Brazil who is blind in one eye from some dumb firework throwing shit at Carnival.

what a way to go out.

• Imperial_MaoImperial_Mao 1,119 Posts
    Some people are idiots...

• Right on, Pops. "I want this fucker."

Man....I gotta say...shit that blows up in pretty colors is tight. But goddamn...if you're over 14 and you still wanna light a "firecracker"???? I don't get it. That loud noise was good the first time. I'll be fine until next year.

It landed on Roisin's right hand.

I agree that people who toss these things around are ass-holes because they're dangerous as hell, but doesn't this sound a little suspect?

• It landed on Roisin's right hand.

I agree that people who toss these things around are ass-holes because they're dangerous as hell, but doesn't this sound a little suspect?

No. You're putting too much on the use of the word "on". It's an M-60, not a Black Cat. If it got even close, damage done.

Also, they could've been sitting on the grass in delores park, which is what most people do, in which case landing "on" would make total sense.

• jdeezjdeez 638 Posts
    funny.. you don't question any of the bs "news" that's fed to you and you regurgitate... but you question this of all things.

amazing.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    Also, they could've been sitting on the grass in delores park, which is what most people do, in which case landing "on" would make total sense.

we walked through dolores park in the evening and it was really packed. you could hardly see any grass. everyone was sitting on blankets. it never gets that hot in the city, especially on the 4th, so everyone went to the park. doesn't sound at all suspect to me. plus people had been there all day drinking. when it started getting dark, there was shit going off everywhere and people would scream. it was like a drunken warzone

I always remember Delores Park as being so filled with dog shit, you were afraid to walk in, let alone, sit down somewhere.

Anyway, its sad, cause she was just a kid and anyone who tosses an M-80 into a crowed should get a sentence in line with assault with a deadly weapon or attempted murder. But from the sound of it, I hope the father finds the guy first.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Right on, Pops. "I want this fucker."

Word the fuck up.

• hertzhoghertzhog 865 Posts
    Not to make light of the situation at all, but as a non-American I had no idea that the m60 is a firecracker. All this Charlton Heston, gun policy stuff I've heard/read had me thinking for a second that there are people who actually bring out m60 rifles to celebrate the 4th of the July! It's fucked up regardless, I hope they get whoever did it and more importantly that the hand heals so the girl can keep drumming (and doing whatever else we do with our hands).

Not to make light of the situation at all, but as a non-American I had no idea that the m60 is a firecracker. All this Charlton Heston, gun policy stuff I've heard/read had me thinking for a second that there are people who actually bring out m60 rifles to celebrate the 4th of the July! It's fucked up regardless, I hope they get whoever did it and more importantly that the hand heals so the girl can keep drumming (and doing whatever else we do with our hands).

if i remember correctly an M-80 is like a 1/8 stick of dyn-o-mite. so i dont think there will be any healing.

if i remember correctly an M-80 is like a 1/8 stick of dyn-o-mite. so i dont think there will be any healing.

I guess not, but is still powerful as hell.

"Wrong. To begin with, a "quarter stick" of dynamite has 35 grams of pyrotechnic content, while a true M-80 has just under 3 grams. So even if they had a same chemical composition, an M-80 would have less than 10% of the power of a quarter stick of dynamite. But the composition in dynamite (which varies widely) is a high explosive, while the chemical composition in an M-80 (so-called "flash powder") is a low explosive, at least from a scientific standpoint. So really there is no legitimate way to compare an M-80 with a quarter stick of dynamite."

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    It landed on Roisin's right hand.

Well, it does sound a little bit suspect, but consider this: I was at a college party, and some kid was getting kicked out. He was an ROTC recruit, and threw a flash grenade he had been carrying under a nearby car to put a scare into the remaining partygoers. An aquaintance was walking by the car on the other side, saw it roll towards her, and picked it up. She's now missing the last quarter of three fingers.

Nobody wants to admit to picking up the explosive device that crippled their hand. But it doesn't make the person who threw it any less culpable.

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    I just read that the girl in question is only 16. So depressing.

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    In china every new years there are hundreds of people admitted to hospital for fire works related burns to their face and hands. Fire works have only become legal again in the past few years after being banned by the communists. The doctors and emergency staff dread new years. The chinese believe that the fire works drive away bad spirits and bring good luck.

• paulnicepaulnice 924 Posts
    That's so fucked.
    Girl didn't even have a chance.
    I hope they get the "fucker" too.

Circa 1985:

When a neighborhood kid bought a brick of M-80's, he got a little over anxious and started fucking around with them in his room.

According to his brother, he was laying on his bed and teasing his lighter (lit of course) with the fuse on one of them... blowing it out if it just so happened to catch.

I guess at some point he didn't blow hard enough and the fuse burnt a little too close for his own comfort.
    He threw the M-80 under his pillow, ran out the room and waited.

Nothing.

Then like some real life Tom and Jerry shit he went back to lift his pillow and Ba-BOOM!

Off with several of his fingers.

Apparently the subsequent phone call went down like this...

"911, what is the nature of your emergency?"

"AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    In china every new years there are hundreds of people admitted to hospital for fire works related burns to their face and hands.

The chinese believe that the fire works drive away bad spirits and bring good luck.

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    Needless to say, her musical career is over.

Her father wrote that? that is whats bullshit. Two years ago, I learned[/b] how to play the drums after having reconstructive hand surgury. In a handcast for 5 months, with only two fingers touching the drumstick.

It is terrible news, but Im not worried for her, she can press on.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    This is the type of shit that should never happen under any circumstances.

If motherfuckers wanna blow shit up, they should do it amongst each other.

Her father wrote that? that is whats bullshit. Two years ago, I learned[/b] how to play the drums after having reconstructive hand surgury. In a handcast for 5 months, with only two fingers touching the drumstick.

Yeah Jesus what a crybaby

It's merely a flesh wound!

That's some callous shit to say.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts

Um, I'd say it's pretty serious shit for a 16 year old to handle. Maybe she played other instruments. But, yeah, I've had some hand operations and you can get round your new limitations in time.

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts

It's merely a flesh wound!

That's some callous shit to say.

It may seem callous, so what. Im saying she isnt going to get anywhere with her father already anouncing her career is over. And a 16 year-old needs support right now, not revenge.

• loudwizardloudwizard 358 Posts
    if dude from Def Leppard can rock with one arm,
    ol' girl should be able to play a punk beat while missing a few fingers.

• loudwizardloudwizard 358 Posts
    further-

Tony Iommi - missing fingertips of his fretting hand
    Jerry Garcia - missing fingertips on his fretting hand
    Django Reinhardt - paralyzed 3rd and 4th fingers

i'm sure there are more examples...
    hope somebody shares 'em with ol' girl before
    she becomes too disheartened...

This girl and her dad should totally just cheer up. She has never been so lucky.

WTF

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts
    Anyway, its sad, cause she was just a kid and anyone who tosses an M-80 into a crowed should get a sentence in line with assault with a deadly weapon or attempted murder. But from the sound of it, I hope the father finds the guy first.

It sounds like a lot of people in this thread are assuming that it was an adult who did this. Obviously I'm speculating too, but I would guess that it was some dumb kid who didn't really realize what he/she was doing. Doesn't excuse it at all, but kids do dumb stuff and sometimes terrible things like this happen. This person should obviously be punished, but come on, attempted murder?

Also, for what it's worth, it is illegal to purchase M80s in the states. Basically you can't, unless these were.... black market fireworks[/b].

I don't really think this dad's letter is a very good look personally. Yes try to find the person who did this, but saying he'll pay $20,000 cause he "wants this fucker" is not how an adult should handle this situation IMO. What's he gonna do when he finds them? Sue them to make his $20,000 back? Kick the shit of them? What's that gonna solve?