girl gets her hand blown off by an m60

2»

Comments

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    plus if the dad does find dude and beats him up, this e-mail he circulated is gonna make for some real incriminating evidence in court.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    This is fucked up.

Back in the day we would have M-80/Blockbuster Wars. Just tossin them at one another.

• Options
    This is fucked up.

Back in the day we would have M-80/Blockbuster Wars. Just tossin them at one another.

Yup. And roman candle fights too, dudes would wear 3 or 4 t-shirts so their skin didn't get burned.

• Options
    This is fucked up.

Yup. And roman candle fights too, dudes would wear 3 or 4 t-shirts so their skin didn't get burned.

Just remembered when i was away at school I'd leave a Blockbuster in the bottom of the stairwell every once in awhile at 3am with a lit cigarette tucked into a pack of matches wrapped around the fuse so I'd have a few minutes to bounce. Lost my scholarship to that place, surprising.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    This is fucked up.

Just remembered when i was away at school I'd leave a Blockbuster in the bottom of the stairwell every once in awhile at 3am with a lit cigarette tucked into a pack of matches wrapped around the fuse so I'd have a few minutes to bounce. Lost my scholarship to that place, surprising.

No doubt.

3 M-80s duct taped to a phone booth......

• after grilling and drinking me and pals were considering going to dolores park but decided against it cause it was packed as hell and shit was going off everywhere. it was scary. what's worse is that some dumbass threw an M60 at this girl who is a drummer in a local band and blew her hand apart.[/b]

i got this forwarded to me this afternoon:

Subject: Roisin Isner, Tinkture drummer

Hello,

I am Roisin's father. July 4th, Roisin and friends were in Dolores Park watching fireworks. Some stupid piece of shit threw an M60 at them. It landed on Roisin's right hand and blew it apart. She will undego surgery later this morning but it doesn't look good. Most likely she will lose her index finger; second and third fingers will also be permanently impaired and disfigured. Needless to say, her musical career is over.

I want this fucker. Media attention will help flush him out. People know who did it and I'm offering $20,000 for a name. Please do whatever is necessary to get the story out. Do so and I will reward you as well.

Thank you,
    Chris Isner
    [email]chrisisner@hotmail.com[/email]

------------------------------------

fucked up shit

anyone that pulls some shit like that and gets caught should face attempted murder charges

• loudwizardloudwizard 358 Posts
    This girl and her dad should totally just cheer up. She has never been so lucky.

WTF

haha, I don't think anybody's trying to tell her to "walk it off",
    but you have to hope she's not accepting defeat as easily as her pops.

• Imperial_MaoImperial_Mao 1,119 Posts
    after grilling and drinking me and pals were considering going to dolores park but decided against it cause it was packed as hell and shit was going off everywhere. it was scary. what's worse is that some dumbass threw an M60 at this girl who is a drummer in a local band and blew her hand apart.[/b]

i got this forwarded to me this afternoon:

Subject: Roisin Isner, Tinkture drummer

Hello,

I am Roisin's father. July 4th, Roisin and friends were in Dolores Park watching fireworks. Some stupid piece of shit threw an M60 at them. It landed on Roisin's right hand and blew it apart. She will undego surgery later this morning but it doesn't look good. Most likely she will lose her index finger; second and third fingers will also be permanently impaired and disfigured. Needless to say, her musical career is over.

I want this fucker. Media attention will help flush him out. People know who did it and I'm offering $20,000 for a name. Please do whatever is necessary to get the story out. Do so and I will reward you as well.

Thank you,
    Chris Isner
    [email]chrisisner@hotmail.com[/email]

------------------------------------

fucked up shit

anyone that pulls some shit like that and gets caught should face attempted murder charges

Who ? The father or the fool who threw the firework ???

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    This is fucked up.

Every year on the Island someone took a Roman Candle to the belly and wound up in the Emergency Room.......ate up with the dumb ass.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    This girl and her dad should totally just cheer up. She has never been so lucky.

WTF

haha, I don't think anybody's trying to tell her to "walk it off",
    but you have to hope she's not accepting defeat as easily as her pops.

This is weak. Its easy to forgive and look at the fucking bright side, but giving this dude shit for being pissed is weak. If this was my daughter I would be out for blood too.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    This is fucked up.

Every year on the Island someone took a Roman Candle to the belly and wound up in the Emergency Room.......ate up with the dumb ass.

my cousin and i wore raincoats.

• loudwizardloudwizard 358 Posts
    you're reading more into my words than are there.
    i don't have any problem with her pops attitude
    towards whoever fucked up his daughter's hand.
    i know my reaction if anyone hurt MY daughter
    would be to fuck 'em up, no doubt.
    but i also wouldn't immediately start making assumptions
    about what my kid could or couldn't ever do again.
    i have faith that my daughter could do anything she sets her mind to,
    and it would do my heart good to see that more people felt that way about their kids.
    i just hope that defeatist attitude was just his initial reaction and anger talking.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts

EASY

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    you're reading more into my words than are there.
    i don't have any problem with her pops attitude
    towards whoever fucked up his daughter's hand.
    i know my reaction if anyone hurt MY daughter
    would be to fuck 'em up, no doubt.
    but i also wouldn't immediately start making assumptions
    about what my kid could or couldn't ever do again.
    i have faith that my daughter could do anything she sets her mind to,
    and it would do my heart good to see that more people felt that way about their kids.
    i just hope that defeatist attitude was just his initial reaction and anger talking.

I hear you. Why Does everyone keep talking about her being a drummer anyways? Was she in a band that was currently popping off or something? Or was she just a 16 year old that was into playing drums.

Im sure the father wants revenge. But im also sure that will do absolutely nothing for his daughter or her happiness. And $20,000 would buy a fucking awesome drum set.

Plus, does he have to refer to his own kid as crippled and disfigured? sounds kinda like a fucked up dad.

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    I just saw this shit on TMZ- weird.

• djstefdjstef 534 Posts
    http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/07/07/BAGC4QSFKQ14.DTL

"I'm 17, and I've had to make a decision about which fingers to keep."

But Isner, an honors student and recent graduate of the private Woodside International School in San Francisco, said her injury will not keep her from drumming or attending Dominican University of California in San Rafael in the fall. She plans to study biology and would like to become a teacher, while also pursuing her musical interests.

"Music is the most important thing for me," said Isner, who joined Tinkture three years ago. "Even if I have to play with four fingers, I'll still play."

---------------------------------
    According to the article, her parents don't have insurance. There will be a benefit at the Hemlock Tavern on July 16th.

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    I'm sure his response was purely emotional and very reactionary when he said it, but not having insurance and offering a $20,000 reward is kind of strange to me.

• autoauto 198 Posts
    heres a message from the girl:

My dad's email reached far and wide, I was hoping I could get something to get around as well. This is the facts of what happened, which have since been distorted. If you could all repost this, I would really appreciate it.

So on Fourth of July (7-4-7), while sitting in Dolores Park watching the various Pyrotechnics, I suddenly noticed that something emmitting bright pink flames had fallen directly next to me.

This is how it all began, and what happened next has been subject to several rumors.

SUCH AS:

1) I caught, grabbed, pushed, or in some way touched the explosive.
    2) I'm 16 years old and rich.
    3) Grace plays the bass.
    4) My whole hand got blown off/my musical career is over.
    5) The police caught the guy that did it.
    6) My family and I desperately want to catch him.
    7) Someone threw a firework at me.

Let address the last first. FALLACY NUMBER 7: Someone threw a firework at me.

The thing about fireworks is that they are explosive material tightly wrapped in paper, so when they blow up, all you really have to worry about is the fire itself. What got thrown at me was a spent CO2 cartridge (like a Whip-It but bigger) stuffed with dynamite (taken from several M80's) and fixed with a hobby fuse (for model airplanes). In this case, the explosive material is contained within a metal shell, legally deeming it a Bomb. Unlike a firework, when bombs go off they expel shards of metal capable of breaking several of the bones in a hand while removing much of it's skin an tissue. I mean, among other things.

FALLACY NUMBER 1: I caught, grabbed, pushed, or in some way touched the explosive.

I was asked that a lot in the hospital, if I had grabbed it. First off, the damage was done to the back of my hand; second off, I'm not that stupid. What happened was I noticed it on the ground, as I mentioned before, pink flames. The flames were pink because the last part of a hobby fuse is red, to warn you that you have mere seconds until whatever it is will go off. The video of that night shows the bright light being thrown from above, making an arc, landing, and less than a second later, exploding. I must have seen it right when it landed because I knew to get away right quick and I did. The reason only my hand got hurt is because that's what I put on the ground to push up and propel myself away fast.

FALLACY NUMBER 2: I'm 16 years old and rich.

I'm 17 years old and very poor. Hence the whole not-having-insurance thing. I'm not going to offer proof or try to convince anyone, but I'll give my word that I'm not exaggerating or under some incorrect dillusion of my own poverty. But that's really not important, the point is that to all the people who have said "who cares if some rich bitch gets her hand blown up" or some variation thereof: even if it was a rich girl this happened to, is it any less tragic? Am I more worthy of support and sympathy because I'm poor? Do rich people (especially young rich people, who were simply born that way) deserve suffering? Anyway, I think that rumor came from my father's e-mail when he mentioned a reward. He never had that sort of money, and him offering it was nothing more than a devastated father desperately trying to help a situation that could not be helped. He knew he was offering what he didn't have, but he thought that involving money was the only way to make people care. In that sense he had understated the goodness of people (but I can't blame him for being pessimistic right then), the outpouring of unconditional support and help from the community has been staggering.

FALLACY NUMBER 3: Grace plays bass.

Grace plays guitar. The two reasons why I think this mistake keeps happening a) guitarists are usually singers, so because Maggie sings they assume Grace plays bass
    b) it rhymes.

FALLACY NUMBER 4: My whole hand got blown off/my musical career is over.

Pshh, it would take losing a hell of a lot more limbs to stop me playing drums. Also, all I lost was my index finger, which isn't that great of a finger anyway.

Whay happened was my index finger got shattered (the bone was like mush) and most of the tissue and tendons got blown off, my middle finger was pretty badly broken and lost some tissue and tendon, my ring finger is normally broken and lost the tissue around my knuckle, my pinkie and thumb are fine. The genius docters figured out to amputate my index finger and take the little tendon and tissue it still had, and put that in my middle finger. So now I'm a finger short, but all my other fingers will work divinely.

FALLACY NUMBER 5: The police caught the guy that did it.

Nope, they arrested someone else for entirely different reasons, the guy that threw the bomb at me is still frollicking unchained (besides for the shackling guilt).

FALLACY NUMBER 6: My family and I desperately want to catch him.

As I've said, my father's e-mail should no longer entertain any attenetion. While I think the bomb slinger should be caught, because he strikes me as dangerous, (he stabbed someone that same night. They were fine, but still) I don't have any burning desire to see him behind bars. I don't harbor any Resentment; rather, I don't think of myself as a victim, so the person that hurt me really isn't an issue to me. Catching the person probably won't give me any satisfaction, and it definitely won't grow my finger back.

xoxo
    -Roisin
    www.tinkture.com
    www.myspace.com/tinkture

PS- also, I saw online:

"when your parents name you Roisin, something like this is pretty much inevitable

your parents already hate you, its all downhill from there"

I think this guy thought it was pronounced Royzin.
    no no no
    It's pronouced Roh-sheen, which is considerably prettier.