Comments

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    Yes, 3rd and Broadway in Denver has a Kwik-E mart now too, complete with Buzz Cola, Squishees, the whole nine. Simpsons Movie promo. Fuckin' surreal though.

• Apparently, I am not UBB savvy enough to make the image appear in this thread.

I know, I should get familiar...a little help maybe?

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I went by the one in Dallas yesterday......was packed to the gills with lines of cars waiting to get in the parking lot.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    So the cereal and cola are the real schitt huh? edible and all?

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
    Are they selling Duff?

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    If only they made Duff Beer.

• Yup, everything is edible/drinkable...I heard there is a Duff energy drink but it's not available at the 7-11's.

Thanks for hooking the image up drew!

• HeddyHeddy 131 Posts
    Yesssss...I'm heading down to the Henderson(Vegas) one today to get my Krusty-Os on.

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    Man, I want to go to one! How long will they be around for?

Man, I want to go to one! How long will they be around for?

I'm guessing 'til about a month after the movie drops. They are well stocked with the Simpsons goods so it seems like they plan to be around a little while.

Here's a location guide:

http://www.7-eleven.com/kem.asp

Burbank, CA
    Chicago, IL
    Dallas, TX
    Denver, CO
    Lake Buena Vista, FL/Orlando, FL
    Las Vegas, NV/Henderson, NV
    Los Angeles, CA
    New York City, NY
    San Francisco, CA/Mountain View, CA
    Seattle, WA
    Vancouver, BC/Coquitlam, BC
    Washington, DC/Bladensburg, MD

And here are the products:

http://www.7-eleven.com/sip.asp

Squishee
    Buzz Cola
    The Official Pink Movie Donut
    KrustyO???s Cereal
    Radioactive Man Comic Book Edition #711

• i'm thinking they will at least be around until the movie comes out in late july...but i don't know if they will restock any of this stuff, so buy buy buy! while you can still drink buzz cola (kinda tastes like rc) and snack on krusty o's and blue moo moo (i think) squishies.

i'm thinking they will at least be around until the movie comes out in late july...but i don't know if they will restock any of this stuff, so buy buy buy! while you can still drink buzz cola (kinda tastes like rc) and snack on krusty o's and blue moo moo (i think) squishies.

Squishee[/b]

In Springfield, Squishee is available in many flavors including blue, red, lime, green, chutney, and champagne. For the month of July only, Squishee is available in Blue Woo Hoo! Vanilla [/b]??? be sure to get there before Apu decides to try chutney flavor again. In special honor of the 80th Birthday of 7-Eleven, stop by for a complimentary 7.11 oz. sample ??? sort of our birthday gift to you!

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Clever marketing campaign or shameless marketing campaign? And how much of that judgement is based on thinking the Simpsons are cool compared to, say, Shrek?

Discuss.

Clever marketing campaign or shameless marketing campaign? And how much of that judgement is based on thinking the Simpsons are cool compared to, say, Shrek?

Discuss.

Oh, it's deifnitely clever. In fact, it's one of the most clever marketing campaigns for a movie I've seen. They actually brought a fictional place to reality that fans have been familiar with for roughly a decade and a half, AND filled it with fictional-products-turned-real (eBay value a year or two or ten from now could be serious, stock up!).

Not sure I understand the comparison of Simpsons "coolness" to Shrek; Simpsons is obviously far cooler than Shrek could ever be. It is the longest running primetime sitcom in television history and its fans and followers transcend multiple generations. It's fucking cool! I imagine it was a fairly inexpensive marketing deal as well, being that all they did was put up some decorations in 10 or so 7-11's and manufactured some comic books, cereal, and cola. It's created quite the buzz already (no pun intended).

I think something like the Simpsons movie doesn't really need THAT strong of a marketing campaign because the majority of the people who will see the movie are people who have bee nwatching the show for many years. I would think, anyway.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

Discuss.

I'd say it's going to benefit 7-11 more than the Simpson's Movie.

Not sure what could be "shameless" about it??

• spaceghostspaceghost 605 Posts

I'd say it's going to benefit 7-11 more than the Simpson's Movie.

apparently 7-11 is covering all the costs of the campaign which was reported to be somewhere under $10 million...

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    And here are the products:

http://www.7-eleven.com/sip.asp

Squishee
    Buzz Cola
    The Official Pink Movie Donut
    KrustyO???s Cereal
    Radioactive Man Comic Book Edition #711

I noticed Kwik-E-Mart styrofoam coolers in the one of the flicr account pictures. Are those for sell? They look to be?

• those were available only at the 12 spots nationwide and seemed to have been one of the first items to go. of course, there are some on ebay right now.

• NiteKrawler45NiteKrawler45 1,062 Posts
    I can't wait to go by the one over here in the DC area. Wonder why they put it out in Bladensburg though.....not exactly "optimal" for late night stops.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    chutney, and champagne[/i]

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts

Discuss.

As a rule....I loathe this kind of thing...Shameless marketing...But then someone in this thread mentioned the location of the Kwik E Mart in my town and now all I can think about it going by there on my way home from work tonight.

My conscience is wrestling with my need to consume and the only thing that can cool things down seems to be a Squishee.

I hate when I embrace mutli million dollar marketing campaigns for jerks like FOX and SOUTHLAND CORP.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    Yesssss...I'm heading down to the Henderson(Vegas) one today to get my Krusty-Os on.

1400 W. Horizon Ridge Parkway
    Henderson, NV 89012

THIS IS SO NOT FAIR THAT IT IS THIS FAR FROM MY HOUSE. I SINGLE HANDEDLY KEEP THE SLURPEE BUSINESS ALIVE IN LAS VEGAS. KING KONG AINT GOT SHIT ON ME!!!!!!

- spidey

Discuss.

As a rule....I loathe this kind of thing...Shameless marketing...But then someone in this thread mentioned the location of the Kwik E Mart in my town and now all I can think about it going by there on my way home from work tonight.

My conscience is wrestling with my need to consume and the only thing that can cool things down seems to be a Squishee.

I hate when I embrace mutli million dollar marketing campaigns for jerks like FOX and SOUTHLAND CORP.

Fuck it, you only live once.

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts

Discuss.

Spoken like a true agent of The Great Satan.

Discuss.

Spoken like a true agent of The Great Satan.

Haha, hey, you're the one who referred ot Satan as "The Great", not me!