Sample Request

8bits8bits 146 Posts
edited July 2007 in Strut Central
I am looking for a audio sample of someone saying "now this next song is a fast one "or "this is the last song" something along those lines. I have this mix that i am working on and i have the last song chosen i just need the sample for a smooth transition. I have already gone through my records and i dont have what i am looking for. If anybody out there could help i well be really grateful. Thanks

Comments

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    just what this place needs right now.

• planlessplanless 819 Posts
    above the law - the last song

: peace, I'm outta here 'cause this is the last song [/b]

• 8bits8bits 146 Posts
    : peace, I'm outta here 'cause this is the last song [/b]

Right on

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts
    earlier today I was wondering what message boards would sound like.

or I was wondering what some of you sound like and what you think people sound like.

If message boards were audible and you could play message board Mp3's of these conversations would there be like 100 answers to this thread?

It would be the same but instead of reading you would listen and instead of typing you would talk. Yeah, I thought that would be really strange. And beefing would get way more out of hand I'm sure.

Are internet live chats and party lines the .wav of the future?

Should I be typing this out loud???

Man I'm kinda high right now.

I had a really good day though.

• 8bits8bits 146 Posts
    If message boards were audible and you could play message board Mp3's of these conversations would there be like 100 answers to this thread?

O K

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    happy 4th

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    earlier today I was wondering what message boards would sound like.

or I was wondering what some of you sound like and what you think people sound like.

It would be the same but instead of reading you would listen and instead of typing you would talk. Yeah, I thought that would be really strange. And beefing would get way more out of hand I'm sure.

Are internet live chats and party lines the .wav of the future?

Should I be typing this out loud???

• 8bits8bits 146 Posts
    Come on guys help me out on this i am not asking for much.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Come on guys help me out on this i am not asking for much.

man wtf? look through your records dude. this is some toy shit.

• Plenty of bigger dudes come on here with their MP3 emergencies all of the time. I don't see this as being anymore toy than that.

• 8bits8bits 146 Posts
    man wtf? look through your records dude. this is some toy shit.
    W O W
    if you would of read the top you would known that

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Plenty of bigger dudes come on here with their MP3 emergencies all of the time. I don't see this as being anymore toy than that.

Ok - granted, maybe I was grumpy being slightly hungover w/no coffee - BUT for me (and many other people) when you're making a mix with overdubs, multitracking or whatever, part of the whole process and appeal is digging for vocal samples and music and creating something new. To just post on a message board to help fill in the blanks is kinda weak IMO.
    You can find records with dialogue EVERYWHERE so I find it hard to believe none of your records have someone talking that you could use or chop up to make it say what you want.
    What happened to putting in work? That's all I'm saying.

• 8bits8bits 146 Posts
    Ok - granted, maybe I was grumpy being slightly hungover w/no coffee - BUT for me (and many other people) when you're making a mix with overdubs, multitracking or whatever, part of the whole process and appeal is digging for vocal samples and music and creating something new. To just post on a message board to help fill in the blanks is kinda weak IMO.
    You can find records with dialogue EVERYWHERE so I find it hard to believe none of your records have someone talking that you could use or chop up to make it say what you want.
    Yo day, i agree with you but there are times when you need take a step back because you are so overwhelmed and you dont want to over look all your options.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Yo day, i agree with you but there are times when you need take a step back because you are so overwhelmed and you dont want to over look all your options.

Nah, I'm probably just being an asshole
    I say do what you gotta for the overall result. I'm just used to doing things a different way.

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    I'm thinking of making a mix of breaks--as in samples--and the rap songs that used those breaks/samples. Can someone post up examples of both?

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

Nah, I'm probably just being an asshole
    I say do what you gotta for the overall result. I'm just used to doing things a different way.

day, you're grumpy? I can't believe it

Time to start the grill and knock that hangover out!! And maybe throw back a few!

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

day, you're grumpy? I can't believe it

Time to start the grill and knock that hangover out!! And maybe throw back a few!

• I am looking for a audio sample of someone saying "now this next song is a fast one "or "this is the last song" something along those lines. I have this mix that i am working on and i have the last song chosen i just need the sample for a smooth transition. I have already gone through my records and i dont have what i am looking for. If anybody out there could help i well be really grateful. Thanks

why dont you just sample your voice and through a grain filter on it?

You can sample your voice saying the words that you want to say, then throw a vinyl distortion ( to give that old sound) on it ...as well as a grain filter.

do you have ableton, acid pro or adobe audtion?...shit I think you can even do it in audicity.

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts

Target has a new vocoder

Its adjustable too. One size fits most.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    I'm thinking of making a mix of breaks--as in samples--and the rap songs that used those breaks/samples. Can someone post up examples of both?

Sure man just keep checking this post...

• ChappuhChappuh 53 Posts

Target has a new vocoder

Its adjustable too. One size fits most.

dope!! che-ko-kew-ka-che

• 8bits8bits 146 Posts
    You can sample your voice saying the words that you want to say, then throw a vinyl distortion ( to give that old sound) on it ...as well as a grain filter.
    Trust, i tried all ready and it sounds cheesy as hell and the reason why because i know it is my voice.

• Hug* - I'm wearing this to Fan Dam tonight.

"Autobots! We're quiting!"

• why dont you just sample your voice and through a grain filter on it?
    Trust, i tried all ready and it sounds cheesy as hell and the reason why because i know it is my voice.
    You need some objective listeners. Post the sample you recorded, and we can tell you if it sounds good.

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    You need some objective listeners. Post the sample you recorded, and we can tell you if it sounds good.

just slow the speed down, and rock some filters. i'm sure after that you wouldn't even know it's your voice.

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts
    You need some objective listeners. Post a video of the recording process - preferably with the helmet on your head - and post the sample you recorded, and we can tell you if it sounds good.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts

"I have this mix that i am working on and i have the last song chosen i just need the sample for a smooth transition. Thanks"

- spidey

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts

I almost lost my coffee when I read this.

C'mon guys.

I mena, I think Day was on point to begin with.

There's a difference between bigger dudes asking fo emergency MP3s of particular cuts or things they need at the last minute for a gig or something - particualrly since they contribuite to the board - vs some double digits poster asking us to finish his fucking mix for him!

Sr'ssly.. you guys.

• 8bits8bits 146 Posts

"I have this mix that i am working on and i have the last song chosen i just need the sample for a smooth transition. Thanks"

- spidey
    Tough love........... thanks