Hilarious shit

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited July 2007 in Strut Central
I listen to Coast to Coast AM when I go to sleep for the crazy ass callers...can be quite entertaining. Well, last night a commercial came on talking about the dangers of soccer..it sounded like a joke commercial, there was this girl talking about how she "could of almost been a quadraplegic" and then this dude comes on to talk about the incredibly dangerous the sport of soccer is...talking about how it is a poison to our youth and how everything soccer related needs to be banned from TV...the voice saying this? Rush Limbaugh. WTF? But I guess good ol AMERICAN football is ok for our kids to play. UgggggghIt was the most ridiculous shit I have ever heard.

Comments

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts

Tis true... I seriously stubbed my big toe just last week playing it.

• VeeEightVeeEight 325 Posts
    I knew a guy who played soccer once. Ten years later, BAM, Herpes.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Tis true... I seriously stubbed my big toe just last week playing it.

Me too - my big toe was purple for 3 days.

I wonder if Darryl Stingley thought soccer was more
    dangerous than football?

• marumaru 1,450 Posts

• the danger being a supporter too..

• PunditPundit 438 Posts
    Soccer?

Yeah! Then I punched her in the face!

• earthingsearthings 78 Posts

• rocco2nrrocco2nr 530 Posts

i like how vinnie jones is basically the same in real life as all the characters he is in movies

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    I knew a guy who played soccer once. Ten years later, BAM, Herpes.

Real talk.

Think of the children.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    While professional soccer is still a relatively safe sport there are few times I've felt my life was more in danger than when playing in amateur Sunday soccer league.

Mainly populated by overweight men in their mid to late thirties all suffering from delusions that "they could have made it if only their trial at Orient hadn't failed through", it was a rare occasion when there wasn't at least one punch thrown.

Highlights of my experience included having someone knock their front teeth out on my head while inexpertly trying to headbutt me, the routine sight of players vomiting on the pitch from overindulging the night before, a guy so intent on a cross that he ran into the post and split his face open and, my favourite, two of the opposing team having a disagreement which ended in a 30 man brawl of players, supporters and dogs. I don't miss it much.

• PunditPundit 438 Posts
    Didn't Liverpool in the 80s prove it's more dangerous to watch it than play it...?

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    this oughta form the basis of a 'Confessions of an Amateur Footballer' type book. no doubt the kind of people who 'support' the national team abroad and give us all types of bad reputations.