So Cal Strutters: Our own lil record swap?

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I would come down for this.

Dude - you got the Strutter critical mass up in the Bay. Ya'll should organize one too - bumrush Milk or the Casanova Lounge during a weekend day.

But hey, anyone who wants to come up/down - the more the merrier (though I guess we should do a headcount).

People who are interested in participating for a July 22nd date, holla at me: [email]soulsides@gmail.com.[/email]

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts

Dude - you got the Strutter critical mass up in the Bay.

I'M TIRED OF THESE MUH' FUCKAZ j/k.

I figure it would be at least different records to look at and any reason to get out of town is good for me.

Dude - you got the Strutter critical mass up in the Bay.

I'M TIRED OF THESE MUH' FUCKAZ j/k.

I figure it would be at least different records to look at and any reason to get out of town is good for me.

Real Talk???

• DJCireDJCire 729 Posts
    Sounds good, I'm down too. May not bring a gang of records but i'll bring something...

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    actually we changed our time schedule to a 330 4pm start. but like i said, the mandrake has always been very accomodating to us, so i'll ask for a 2pm start, one time only, july 22nd. from there, belson can take it downtown, and we can figure things out from there. but i must reiterate spanky's decision of 1 crate per. mandrake aint THAT big. but let me ask first...

p.s.

mandrew, thank you! you are always welcome to bring records on sunday!

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts
    I'm in to buy some records for sure! i just recently cleaned out some of my collection.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I'm totally geeked.

I've been sitting on a bunch of records I've been promising to put on ebay for 6 months now, on top of that I haven't sold at Buena Park in that time either.

so folks that have bought off me in the past, expect a whole new batch of stuff brought out for sale/ trade

PS bring your moders

So, if I have this right (pending confirmation):

L.A. Strutter's Swap
    Sunday, July 22nd
    Mandrake Bar in Culver City
    S. La Cienega by Washington
    2pm - whenever (first two hours, trade only)

It's going down!

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    I'm D...

ok. justin at mandrake said that sounds fine. so mark your calendars.

sunday, july 22
    at the mandrake
    2692 la cienega blvd [btw. venice & washington]
    2pm to 6 or so[/b]

1 crate/bag per person sound fair?

ok. justin at mandrake said that sounds fine. so mark your calendars.

sunday, july 22
    at the mandrake
    2692 la cienega blvd [btw. venice & washington]
    2pm to 6 or so[/b]

1 crate/bag per person sound fair?

Yeah - this sounds good. One crate per person, though personally, I'd allow a separate box of 45s if necessary. But folls better not be bringing down 500 LPs, trying to move Leo Sayer raers!

just be reasonable plaese and everything will be peachy!

• I WANT TO BE DOWN

I WANT TO BE DOWN

We want you to be down.

I still don't have a head count though. I don't think it really matters per se unless 100 of us show up (just buy drinks!)

Btw, thanks for contacting the bar Shig. I kind of volunteered your gig without asking...

no problem spanky. but to be fair, its our [me and jeffie's] gig.

Duly noted.

hey spanky. do you think you could do the organizing of folks that are gonna bring records? cuz, um, im not.

hey spanky. do you think you could do the organizing of folks that are gonna bring records? cuz, um, im not.

Yeah, no prob.

hmm. i just got another email from f**** at mandrake and she was wondering if we could do it on a saturday instead.

hmm. i just got another email from f**** at mandrake and she was wondering if we could do it on a saturday instead.

What diff would it make? I'm just curious - I mean, folks showing up, presumably buying drinks, are folks showing up.

What diff would it make? I'm just curious - I mean, folks showing up, presumably buying drinks, are folks showing up.

well, here's the thing. the folks at mandrake have always opened up early on sundays for us. they really dont open until 6pm on sunday. so even ~4pm is early for them.

but more importantly, its their spot. and they wanted to know if we could do it saturday instead cuz theyre open at 2pm on saturday.

well, here's the thing. the folks at mandrake have always opened up early on sundays for us. they really dont open until 6pm on sunday. so even ~4pm is early for them.

but more importantly, its their spot. and they wanted to know if we could do it saturday instead cuz theyre open at 2pm on saturday.

Gotcha. Works for me. I presume Sat at 2 is good for others too.

awesome.

saturday, july 21
    2pm

stay til the nitetime and me and jeffie will be playing dancey oldies!

http://www.mandrakebar.com/

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    I'll pencil in that date. This sounds like an awesome idea. Mojitos all around.

• IronfeetIronfeet 516 Posts
    will there be alchol bevreges??? I rollin are kids invited to???

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    Mojitos all around.

It's at a bar dude. No kids. Alchol, yes.

• BelsonBelson 880 Posts

It's at a bar dude. No kids. Alchol, yes.

For the record, I can get the Claytons from 2pm and it's open to all ages, so kids are more than welcome.

As the Mandrake swap-off is now on Saturday, I should be able to make it along.