(Coffee) Charging extra for soymilk is a bad trend

FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
edited June 2007 in Strut Central
First, of course, was Starbucks. Now even my local spot started charging 40 cents extra for soymilk. I bitched and dude told me soymilk costs more. It does not. They SHOULD charge extra for cow's milk.

Comments

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    First, of course, was Starbucks. Now even my local spot started charging 40 cents extra for soymilk. I bitched and dude told me soymilk costs more. It does not. They SHOULD charge extra for cow's milk.

yeah, i thought it was a rip when i asked for soy instead of milk.

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts

profiting off the 'conscious' lifestyle folks is a huge industry...

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

'conscious' huh? at least 75% of the world is lactose intolerent.

• SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts
    I bitched and dude told me soymilk costs more. It does not. They SHOULD charge extra for cow's milk.

Soymilk does cost more. For a consumer, a 32 oz container of soymilk is usually about $2 or $3. You can get a gallon of cow's milk (128 oz) for about $4 or less.

However, they shouldn't be charging extra for the tiny amount that you put in coffee.

I bitched and dude told me soymilk costs more. It does not. They SHOULD charge extra for cow's milk.

Soymilk does cost more. For a consumer, a 32 oz container of soymilk is usually about $2 or $3. You can get a gallon of cow's milk (128 oz) for about $4 or less.

However, they shouldn't be charging extra for the tiny amount that you put in coffee.

I buy soymilk from Costco and shit's the same has bovine tittie.

KIRKLAND HEADZ HOLEUR!

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    Man up and drink real milk!

Man up and drink real milk!

That's funny. I forgot about the whole soymilk faggitizes your kids story.

http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=53327

• yoigotbeatsyoigotbeats 1,667 Posts
    isn't coffee bad for you anyway?

isn't coffee bad for you anyway?

I started those Ian vs Ian threads before I had some coffee. You tell me.

• HL_MackenHL_Macken 18 Posts
    soymilk is not milk. Youre living a lie.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Soymilk does cost more.

As well it should. Do you know how hard it is to milk a bean?

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts

soymilk is people

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts

is this an argument you really want to be having?

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    I fucking hate this shit. Extra for soy milk. Suck it starfucks. I just got an espresso maker for a wedding gift so unless I am out of town I will be making my own crank.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    Wouldn't a coffee shop likely buy a whole lot more real milk than soy? Wouldn't they get a pretty good discount on their real milk and probably have to pay closer to market cost for soy?

Now, do they use those soy based creamers or just standard soy milk? Cuz regular soy milk curdles like a mutha (in my experience). If they have to use something other than just typical soy milk, that may explain the extra price.

Still, charging for any type of creamer is like charging for ketchup packets.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

why not?

The whole Milk does a Body Good is st8 fantasy.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts

why not?

skim milk is good for you. A University of Tennessee study found that dieters who consumed between 1,200 and 1,300 milligrams of calcium a day lost nearly twice as much weight as those taking in less calcium. Researchers think the mineral probably prevents weight gain by increasing the breakdown of body fat and hampering its formation.

why not?

skim milk is good for you. A University of Tennessee study found that dieters who consumed between 1,200 and 1,300 milligrams of calcium a day lost nearly twice as much weight as those taking in less calcium. Researchers think the mineral probably prevents weight gain by increasing the breakdown of body fat and hampering its formation.

Milk isnt the only source of Calcium on this planet.

why not?

Milk isnt the only source of Calcium on this planet.

Its incredible the extent to which people have been duped by the Dairy Council into automatically associating Calcium with dairy products. Calcium is an element. It is not made by cows. It is consumed by cows then passed into their milk (along with all of the fat and pus). Cows eat greens. That's where they get their calcium. Humans can also get their calcium from greens. Simple.

Now, I do consume dairy products. I'm not a crusader for veganism or anything. But I do recognize the fact that broccoli is a much healthier source of calcium.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    broccoli is a much healthier source of methane gas[/b].
    Coffee does lower your chances of Renal calculi - kidney stones.

Kidney stones are caused by a low intake of calcium.

Class dimissed.

broccoli is a much healthier source of methane gas[/b].
    Coffee does lower your chances of Renal calculi - kidney stones.

Kidney stones are caused by a low intake of calcium.

Class dimissed.

Coffee = healthy........

Coffee > Broccolli.......

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

broccoli is a much healthier source of calcium.

Maybe so, but I sure as hell ain't putting broccoli on my cereal!

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts

why not?

i completely agree with that, but there's growing percentage of people, who aren't lactose intolerant, that don't consume dairy (read: vegans etc...) being one of those 'conscious' eaters, i see this kind of price gouging everyday. the merchants know you're not going to eat meat/dairy no matter how cheap it is, and the next thing you know you're being charged extra for soy milk.

the real schitt is almond milk.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

broccoli is a much healthier source of calcium.

Maybe so, but I sure as hell ain't putting broccoli on my cereal!

Exactly. Coffee on my cereal, or

• I use to work at Starbucks and when people would ask me for a any flavor latte with soy milk i use to load the up with flavor and no soy milk use to give them organic cuz it was cheaper and we got organic milk in stock more then soy milk. Those fuckers could never tell the diffrence. Dumm asses.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    how's the estrogen treating you?

• Dumm asses
    yes

• rocco2nrrocco2nr 530 Posts
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/tietge7.htm

no phytoestrogens for me, thanks

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    I use to work at Starbucks and when people would ask me for a any flavor latte with soy milk i use to load the up with flavor and no soy milk use to give them organic cuz it was cheaper and we got organic milk in stock more then soy milk. Those fuckers could never tell the diffrence. Dumm asses.

speak engrish fucker