NBA OFF SEASON

Comments

• We'll win a trophy before Nash and the Suns do.
    almost forgot: LOL.

I mean seriously dude, what's gonna change for them that they'll ever be able to beat the Spurs in the playoffs?

Maybe we could beat the Spurs for them and they'd beat us, but that's about it.

A LOT OF GUFF FROM A GUY WHO'S TEAM GOT FIRST ROUNDED BY THE 8 SEED.

Enjoy it for these last few weeks. Once the season starts, no one gives a shit.

I mean seriously dude, what's gonna change for them that they'll ever be able to beat the Spurs in the playoffs?

This part of your team's legacy, unfortunately, will not only outlast this offseason, but the season itself.

You have my condolences. If the Mavs don't regain their swag, the bitterness of their fans will outlast the jubilation we experienced at your expense.

Perhaps the League brass won't conspire against them in the playoffs this year?

What is the deal though? Why did the league do that? It's fucking Nash. he's their boy. He's they ONE. And they want to foist the fucking Spurs on everyone? That's the worst aspect of their product. Were'nt the ratings for the Finals brutal?

This part of your team's legacy, unfortunately, will not only outlast this offseason, but the season itself.

You have my condolences. If the Mavs don't regain their swag, the bitterness of their fans will outlast the jubilation we experienced at your expense.

Blahblahblah. It's whatever. Great first round series. We've moved on. Bigger fish to fry. I've been bitter since I stepped into this spot so I gives a fuck.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

We'll win a trophy before Nash and the Suns do.

LOL, dude. TRUST: amassing meaningless regular season wins against the likes of Charlotte and Atlanta is not going to make anybody forget anything.

LOL, dude. TRUST: amassing meaningless regular season wins against the likes of Charlotte and Atlanta is not going to make anybody forget anything.

No shit faux. That's not what I was saying.

I'm saying to JP. Shit is old. Yay! You made the second round and you upset a team. There is a new season to deal with, so to strut around crowing about last year's fucking first round, is, to put it bluntly, gay.

• LOL, dude. TRUST: amassing meaningless regular season wins against the likes of Charlotte and Atlanta is not going to make anybody forget anything.

Why you wanna be a douchetard? You're better than that. And here I am trying to engage you in our mutual hatred of Herr Stern.

There is a new season to deal with

Indeed. No doubt Dirk will find the new cuddly S. Jackson less frightening.

• Will someone edit these words and put them in 150 pt. type:

FUCK Y'ALL

I'm saying to JP. Shit is old. Yay! You made the second round and you upset a team. There is a new season to deal with, so to strut around crowing about last year's fucking first round, is, to put it bluntly, gay.

But what you're missing is that we Warriors fans have ought better to do than laugh about your team's misfortune. Long after people forget the 2006 Warriors, people will remember the 2006 Mavericks.

It's not about crowing about our achievements, it's about laughing at your failures.

It's not about crowing about our achievements, it's about laughing at your failures.

A SoulStrut credo.

But what you're missing is that we Warriors fans have ought better to do than laugh about your team's misfortune. Long after people forget the 2006 Warriors, people will remember the 2006 Mavericks.

I'm not missing anything. You're a bunch of all-time losers that got hot and lucky for 10 games. How often do people really talk about the 95 Sonics losing the Nuggets? They don't. Please stop overesteeming yourselves.

WARRIORS = Thugs, losers, miscreants and castoffs.

WARRIORS FANS = The detritus of society.

Don't y'all have a bridge to fix or an earthquake to avoid?

• BRING THIS SHIT TO ARC JOHNNY. PLEASE.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

I'm not missing anything. You're a bunch of all-time losers that got hot and lucky for 10 games.

It's been awhile, but didn't the Warriors win a championship?

How often do people really talk about the 95 Sonics losing the Nuggets? They don't. Please stop overesteeming yourselves.

As a part-time Sonics fan and a full-time Gary Payton fan, I still think about that epic collapse on the regular.

WARRIORS = Thugs, losers, miscreants and castoffs.

Baron Davis?

WARRIORS FANS = The detritus of society.

You're probably confusing them with Raiders fans...but I gotta even disagree with that.

Spending time in Dallas or not, I still don't know how you go from being a Saints/LSU fan to also liking the Mavs. You should stick to ties to culture and just be a Rockets fans already. And then you should realize that the folks in Oakland are our friends...whether they be fans of the Raiders, A's, and/or Warriors.

• FUCK THE ROCKETS AND FUCK OAKLAND. I GIVES A FUCK.

b/w

DUDE.

FUCK THE ROCKETS AND FUCK OAKLAND. I GIVES A FUCK.

b/w

DUDE.

You should know by now that I spent some very formative years in the East Bay.

Plus, I make it my duty to hate on Dallas, Oklahoma.

• You should know by now that I spent some very formative years in the East Bay.

GREAT!!!

^^^^Your epitaph

GREAT!!!

I know this might be quite a jab to you so I offer you a pre-apology for this...

But it almost seems that you ride for the Mavs harder than you ride for the Saints.

Plaese to say it ain't so...

• You should know by now that I spent some very formative years in the East Bay.

GREAT!!!

I know this might be quite a jab to you so I offer you a pre-apology for this...

But it almost seems that you ride for the Mavs harder than you ride for the Saints.

Plaese to say it ain't so...

Not at all. No one really talks smack about football w/ the ferocity that they do about NBA in these parts. Football first. Saints first. But even then, what can you say for pages and pages to defend *that* team? They mostly stink, even you've said that.

Dirk Nowitzki is my favorite pro athlete though. Dirk & Deuce.

Not at all. No one really talks smack about football w/ the ferocity that they do about NBA in these parts. Football first. Saints first. But even then, what can you say for pages and pages to defend *that* team? They mostly stink, even you've said that.

Whew...just making sure you hadn't at some point gotten completely lost within DFW strip mall hell.

Yep, the Saints are looking as sorry as ever. But I think now that they'll be forced to open up the offense that we'll start seeing some progress.

Dirk Nowitzki is my favorite pro athlete though. Dirk & Deuce.

Fair enough...but ouch, Dirk sure is lazy on the defensive end. I can't condone that at all.

• Fair enough...but ouch, Dirk sure is lazy on the defensive end. I can't condone that at all.

Whatever. You can count on your fingers and toes the number of dudes who play defense in the L (and half of them are on the Spurs) so I've always found that criticism/"insight" kinda lame. JMO.

Fair enough...but ouch, Dirk sure is lazy on the defensive end. I can't condone that at all.

Whatever. You can count on your fingers and toes the number of dudes who play defense in the L (and half of them are on the Spurs) so I've always found that criticism/"insight" kinda lame. JMO.

Scoring is waaaaaay down in the NBA. Best believe that dudes ar playing D.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Bay area people are snobbish. LA people are gangstas. nuff said! HOLLA.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    Bay area people are snobbish. LA people are gangstas. nuff said! HOLLA.
    I'm sure that's what them LA gangstas don't like about the bay folk... "THEY'RE SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SNOBBISH.[/b]"

GP: you're funny today, but you've slowed. [fuel to the fire] DIRK WILL NOT GET HIS RING AS LONG AS S DOT JACKSON IS IN THE L SCURRIN' THE BEJEESUS OUTTA HIM [/fuel to the fire]

Even real LA gangstas get their buds from Bay Area snobs.

fuck Stephen Jackson.

Even real LA gangstas get their buds from Bay Area snobs.

That may be true.

• Who are your favorites this year, West and East?

Can the Spurs finally win a back-to-back?

Is Boston legit or just a media-ready freakshow?

Detroit to bounce back or sink further?

Spurs/Cavs

No

No

About the same

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    Who are your favorites this year, West and East?

Can the Spurs finally win a back-to-back?

Is Boston legit or just a media-ready freakshow?

Detroit to bounce back or sink further?

Pick a player who will be one of those "sleeper" types that puts up insane #'s in limited tic and has a PER through the roof. Somebody that nobody expects this season[/b] (for example: you can't say Deng/Marion/KG, etc. People already expect that)

Not sure/GODDAMNED RAPTORS? I don't know. My level of fan-dom is too complex to answer such questions.

spurs. no.

boston is a mixture of both. it will be awesome to watch, and it will be why they can't get out of the first round.

sink further.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say: Tyrus Thomas.