New Chromeo?

tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts
edited June 2007 in Strut Central
I loved the last one ( Needy Girl is a classic!). I see the new one is out- but there's zero buzz. Does it suck? What's the word?

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    is that Dustin Diamond?

• wow, I havent heard the first thing about this lp...the first one was fucking everywhere.

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts

Judging from the snippets on Amazon, this album sounds promising...more consistently early 80's boogie steeze in terms of production- and composition than the first album, which is a plus in my book (the "rock" tracks on "She's In Control" were skippable IMO).

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    this one is way more consistent, the 80s pastiche is pretty on point and hooks are memorable. Obv way the fuck hipsteur'd out but there is some love here.

another good pastiche like this is that bugz in the attic 'consequences' song

Fans of the early 80's funk sound might enjoy this 2007 release as well:

Critique pleez.

Jheri-Curl Fonk? Rene & Angela Funk? Cameo Punk Funk? Post Modern Soul Funk?Con-Funk-Shun?

Critique pleez.

Jheri-Curl Fonk? Rene & Angela Funk? Cameo Punk Funk? Post Modern Soul Funk?Con-Funk-Shun?

Pretty much all of the above, except Cameo punk funk. This was released early 2007, but sounds in many spots as if it were a long lost Starpoint album circa Wanting You. The vocals are in English, but with a slight French accent. Good GOOD stuff if you're into this type of sound.

Critique pleez.

Pretty much all of the above, except Cameo punk funk. This was released early 2007, but sounds in many spots as if it were a long lost Starpoint album circa Wanting You. The vocals are in English, but with a slight French accent. Good GOOD stuff if you're into this type of sound.

church

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    I like the new single (Cassius Re-edit I believe). I see this as one of the few things from the white belt realm that deserves props.

• slushslush 691 Posts
    white belt realm .

the what?

hipster schitt.

Which is unfortunate because they're love for 80's R&B seems to be real and not on some ironic bullshit.

• slushslush 691 Posts
    what is hipster shit again? music with synthesizers?

• tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts
    what is hipster shit again? music with synthesizers?

this week. or is it crack rap? or maybe psychedelic drum circles? I cant keep up!

• slushslush 691 Posts
    so um... everything thats not shitty old records that you guys like?

so um... everything thats not shitty old records that you guys like?

nope. and it seems like i've hit a nerve with the term white-belt. Would you prefer color deficient trouser lasso?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    These are my dudes. The new album is dope. And they have a great live show.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    fancy footwork is a good single, they also remixed Feist's cover of "See Line Woman", also likeable.

sayin'. The interview was funny. Hope the video shit sees the light of the day sooner than later

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

sayin'. The interview was funny. Hope the video shit sees the light of the day sooner than later

They videotaped the interview? Man, I was fucked up.

naw dun. mine, which was right after in the same room.

i've said too much.

yaaaaaaaaarg

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    It's all a blur to me, man. Fuck it

• jimeyjimey 279 Posts
    i like the new album. don't know yet if it's better then the last one. hope to see them live sometime...

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    I ride for the Chromeo all day!

That's it.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    i like the new album. don't know yet if it's better then the last one. hope to see them live sometime...
    shouldnt even be a question! the first one was :-/

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    I was just listening to this record at working and thinking to myself "this band would be incredible if they had a good vocalist", sorry Dave. Their song writing/production skills are crazy, some serious catchy synth pop shit, but man those vocals. Just try to imagine a decent set of pipes belting out some of these jams, but whateves, they're still great in my book.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    CHROMEO IS DOPE

For those who don't know, Dave-1 is A-Traks brother and was also the producer of stuff like "cult leader" on non phixion and obscure disorder... but backpackers need to check their backpacks at the door. This shit is DOPE and SMOOOOOOOOTH!

peace.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    DOPE and SMOOOOOOOOTH!

..and it's refreshing to see some artists doing their own damn thing!

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    Chromeo is definitely that crack - and I whole heartedly agree with what dude said above about the crowd they're reaching being sorta limited to the Aokis.....these dudes know their shit real well and makre really authentic good shit. Needy Girl showed up on my ipod months before it came out - and I didn't know how it got there - but loved it and straight thought it was some real shit from 83 until I foudn out about the group (Chromeo didn't show up as the band name in my pod).

fancy footwork is a good single, they also remixed Feist's cover of "See Line Woman", also likeable.

Sea Lion Woman.....
    I need to hear that....the original is dope - didn't know they remixed it....somebody post it maybe

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts

Sea Lion Woman.....
    I need to hear that....the original is dope - didn't know they remixed it....somebody post it maybe

It's a jam let me tell you.

Blogsearch that isht.