What will I be asked for at the club tonight?

mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
edited June 2007 in Strut Central
besides the Becky classics (Get Low, In Da Club, Humpty Dance, Sexyback, etc)lately I've been getting requests for Buy U A Drink, Pop Lock and Drop It, Unk-2 Step, Party Like A Rockstar (yeck) and Umbrella of course.so what will they be asking for tonight/tomorrow? Fabolous w/Ne-Yo - Make Me Better? Enrique Iglesias - Do You Know (The Ping Pong Song)? We Takin' Over? Lean Like A Cholo? Lil Boosie? Eve - Tambourine?Timbo - The Way I Are is very likely

Comments

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    Fabolous w/Ne-Yo - Make Me Better? Enrique Iglesias - Do You Know (The Ping Pong Song)? We Takin' Over? Lean Like A Cholo? Lil Boosie? Eve - Tambourine?

Timbo - The Way I Are is very likely

I do not know any of these songs and that makes me so happy.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    Fabolous w/Ne-Yo - Make Me Better? Enrique Iglesias - Do You Know (The Ping Pong Song)? We Takin' Over? Lean Like A Cholo? Lil Boosie? Eve - Tambourine?

I had the same thought.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    In the spot on weds, the booth is kinda low and open, becky asked if she could step up and look through what i had in microwave?!?!?!
    I said I'll take a request, but she was really insulted i didnt let her just jump right on in the middle of my set and find her favorite becky classic.
    WOW...

Also, in the middle of a little soul/disco set, had asses moving for the first time all night, get a sour-ass becky like, "are you gonna play some hip-hop soon???"
    GTFOHWTBS

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    In the spot on weds, the booth is kinda low and open, becky asked if she could step up and look through what i had in microwave?!?!?!

The game has advanced.

I wonder how often this has happened to Microwave??? DJs.

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    Make sure you have "Get Some Bodied" (the long version with all the dances), "Bump Like This," and "Tambourine."

-e

becky asked me to get on the mic the other night and tell her friend happy birthday. I told her I didn't have mic. She frowned and said, "What kind of DJ does not have mic?" I snapped back, "The kind who don't work at Chuck E. Cheese."

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    Make sure you have "Get Some Bodied" (the long version with all the dances), "Bump Like This," and "Tambourine."
    i think i got em...cept maybe not that long version w/all the dances

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

I had the same thought.

I like that Eve song

• bass_feverbass_fever 974 Posts
    That Timbaland, Nelly Furtado, Jutin Timberlake song should be in the crate...

it is

• kalakala 3,359 Posts

The game has advanced.

I wonder how often this has happened to Microwave??? DJs.

on the other tip this is yet another path for a DJ to get some stanky

• In the spot on weds, the booth is kinda low and open, becky asked if she could step up and look through what i had in microwave?!?!?!
    I said I'll take a request, but she was really insulted i didnt let her just jump right on in the middle of my set and find her favorite becky classic.
    WOW...
    this just gave me an idea. you could print out a list of all your mp3s in microwave and make a binder with it(like the kareoke dudes do). then you charge 5,10, maybe even 20 per request(depending on the gig). beckys get to look thru your music without bothering you too bad and maybe you make a lil cake on the side.

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts
    WOW...
    this just gave me an idea. you could print out a list of all your mp3s in microwave and make a binder with it(like the kareoke dudes do). then you charge 5,10, maybe even 20 per request(depending on the gig). beckys get to look thru your music without bothering you too bad and maybe you make a lil cake on the side.

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts

what if you use Microwave

I think you would have so say 'DigiCrate' .

why is s_e_r_a_t_o changed to microwave? i am clearly

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    i get guys asking for requests. what kind of dude asks for a request at a strip club? go fuck off. why you paying so much attention to the music. i'm here to keep the girls entertained while they entertain your sad ass. now get the fuck away from my booth.

• RAW_HAMBURGERRAW_HAMBURGER 1,438 Posts

the timbo joint sounds nothing like whats on the radio. sounds like an old record.
    i gladly play records like these.

not once have i played party like a rockstar or countless other shit songs.

• I posted this in "Annoying SS terms" thread, but I think it's quite relevant here. When I go to the club, I demand to hear my Fabolous, Timbo, Sexyback. Nyah!

"Becky

Does anyone else think this sexist term is also racist? I mean, it's used to describe loud, coarse, demanding girls with tacky taste? Hm, sounds like it's implying JAP to me. Or, am I just being oversensitive, and this is a non-denominational sexist insult?

Actually, I have to say that I don't think Beckys' taste in club / bar music is all that bad (I assume it's top 40 hiphop, RnB and 80's hit's like Prince and MJ). That stuff is way better than the "college" music that your pale, navel gazing, glasses wearing, journal keeping, I-pod cozy knitting, allergy having, tea sipping, wispy, bangs sporting, cat petting, Tim Burton loving, muffin top over thrift store brown Levi's cords showing, bicycle with a basket riding, vegetarian, girlfriend likes.

Your girlfriend is like the anti-Becky. What should we call her?

I think DJ's forget that when folks go to the bar / club, they don't care to hear something new and challenging. They're not there to be awed by the rare original 45s in the DJ's box. They're there to get drunk, feel sexy, and maybe get laid. In order to do that, they wanna hear something thumping, familiar, danceable and catchy that they can get down on the dancefloor and do their best Shakira to.

Once in a club, I attained the next level of existence while dancing like a stripper to Britney's "Toxic." Three minutes of transcendance.

Not saying I would ever own a Spears album, but, would I request "Toxic" in the club from the pretentious, skinny DJ in Buddy Holly glasses and converse? Hell yeah! And if I annoy him in the process - even better!

Shalom,
    Rebecca "Becky" of Michigan"

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts

"Becky

Does anyone else think this sexist term is also racist? I mean, it's used to describe loud, coarse, demanding girls with tacky taste? Hm, sounds like it's implying JAP to me. Or, am I just being oversensitive, and this is a non-denominational sexist insult?

"racist" against jews?? well, as "jewish sounding" a name as Becky is, i think you might be a little off-base. if we called these girls "Yentils", you might have an argument.

"I ain't talking about knishes and matza balls, mang".

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    I posted this in "Annoying SS terms" thread, but I think it's quite relevant here. When I go to the club, I demand to hear my Fabolous, Timbo, Sexyback. Nyah!

"Becky

Actually, I have to say that I don't think Beckys' taste in club / bar music is all that bad (I assume it's top 40 hiphop, RnB and 80's hit's like Prince and MJ). That stuff is way better than the "college" music that your pale, navel gazing, glasses wearing, journal keeping, I-pod cozy knitting, allergy having, tea sipping, wispy, bangs sporting, cat petting, Tim Burton loving, muffin top over thrift store brown Levi's cords showing, bicycle with a basket riding, vegetarian, girlfriend likes.

I think DJ's forget that when folks go to the bar / club, they don't care to hear something new and challenging. They're not there to be awed by the rare original 45s in the DJ's box. They're there to get drunk, feel sexy, and maybe get laid. In order to do that, they wanna hear something thumping, familiar, danceable and catchy that they can get down on the dancefloor and do their best Shakira to.

Once in a club, I attained the next level of existence while dancing like a stripper to Britney's "Toxic." Three minutes of transcendance.

Not saying I would ever own a Spears album, but, would I request "Toxic" in the club from the pretentious, skinny DJ in Buddy Holly glasses and converse? Hell yeah! And if I annoy him in the process - even better!

Shalom,

what is this, is this real? I cant figure this out, is there someone here neamed becky or is this a cut and paste from an email or something.

I posted this in "Annoying SS terms" thread, but I think it's quite relevant here. When I go to the club, I demand to hear my Fabolous, Timbo, Sexyback. Nyah!

"Becky

Shalom,

If you have not DJed in a bar or club, then you don't know. As annoying as Becky can be, I generally feel sorry for her.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts

directions to the bathroom

directions to the bathroom
    thanks The_Hook_Up, i had to wait all day for 1 like that!

i think i've held out on Party Like A Rockstar so far. I'm not hattin' on the Timbo stuff btw...wish there was more like it actually...as far as innovation/creativity

"Becky

Shalom,

ps- DIE

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    This post has me thinking, lots of these situations occur over and over to people who DJ. Perhaps there should be a DJ purity test. You know, those take one point if you can answer yes to each of the following things.

So for example:

DJ Purity Test:[/b]

Give yourself one point if you've ever...

...been asked to play hip hop while hip hop was playing
    ...been asked to play "something we can dance to" while the dancefloor was completely full
    ...been asked by someone if they could plug their iPod into your mixer
    ...seen people having sex on the dancefloor while you were playing
    ...had a drink spilled into your crate
    ...had a drink spilled into your mixer or decks
    ...been screwed out of money by a coked up club owner

and so on, feel free to add on.

• My favorite is...."you should play underground hiphop...cuz underground hiphop is the shit!" Geez, these kiddies now-a-days. They think I should get but little do they know I've been down since waaaay before mommy and daddy had a thought.

• Mr. CasualMr. Casual 953 Posts

"Becky

Shalom,

Becky,

Are you hot? if you are then I agree with you .... these soulstrut jerks all all a bunch of sexist pigs!

if not .. then I don't

That is all....

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    "play that song that goes...um, it's your birthday!!"

"can you play something good?"

"can you play some Tupac?" while youre playing it.

I've dealt or seen this happen before.

I've made a guy cry once because of his ridiculous requests. I feel good about that still.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

"Becky

Shalom,

Becky,

Are you hot? if you are then I agree with you .... these soulstrut jerks all all a bunch of sexist pigs!

if not .. then I don't

That is all....

oh and make sure your PM's are clear. There is someone in here with a buddy glenn. I still have yet to meet this glenn.

hahaha!

DJ Purity Test:[/b]

Give yourself one point if you've ever...

...been asked to play hip hop while hip hop was playing
    ...been asked to play "something we can dance to" while the dancefloor was completely full
    ...been asked by someone if they could plug their iPod into your mixer
    ...seen people having sex on the dancefloor while you were playing
    ...had a drink spilled into your crate
    ...had a drink spilled into your mixer or decks
    ...been screwed out of money by a coked up club owner

and so on, feel free to add on.

...told that you are not a REAL DJ because you won't get on the mic and announce birthdays, graduations, 21st birthdays, bachelorette parties, etc.

...told that the DJ last Friday was WAY better (when that was you)

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

Something she can dance to.