What will I be asked for at the club tonight?

2»

Comments

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    i get guys asking for requests. what kind of dude asks for a request at a strip club? go fuck off. why you paying so much attention to the music. i'm here to keep the girls entertained while they entertain your sad ass. now get the fuck away from my booth.

Am I right to think that being a DJ at a strip bar is both awesome and nightmarish at the same time? I think you may be my personal hero right now.

I was just at an all-nude club in Vegas where the girls had to select their 3 songs on a computer hooked into the sound system. It left a bit to be desired on the continuity side of things, but it was sort of entertaining once you figured out what was going on (I actually had the girl sitting with us explain it to me twice, cuz I couldn't beleive haw weird that was). The entire evening was pretty weird, but in a good way!

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    I was just at an all-nude club
    you were nude too?

ok, so i got asked for:

-Get Me Bodied (twice)

-Umbrella (maybe 30 mins after I played it. she begged and stared at me for a while)

-Kelis-Bossy (didn't have it)

-Usher-Yeah! (*Becky bet me 2 dollars that people would rush the floor... I didn't bet because I knew she was right and unattractive)

-something by Jay-Z from "Kingdom Come" I think...I don't remember what he said "Ooh La La"? maybe he meant Oh My God? i showed dude the list of songs by Jay-Z I had and he tipped me for playing Dead Presidents which I happily played the whole way through while no one danced on the floor

-older chick asked if i had any Snoop. I showed her what I had since she couldn't think of a title. and she said she didn't want to hear any of those. then asked for something recent after seeing i had Rick James- Give It To Me Baby cued following a Michael Jackson triple shot

-Party Lock A Rockstar. i caved and it filled the floor

-Black Sheep - Flavor Of The Month. of course i was happy to play that but the whole place wasn't feelin it and dude who requested it just kind of moved to a closer booth. no tip so i gave it a verse

-Tribe [Called Quest]. One of my favs to oblige though muthafuckas don't know much Tribe any more! Not the most club-centric group besides some of Tip's solo work

-I was also asked to change the last song (Dennis Edwards-Don't Look Any Further) cause it "sucked". great way to cap off an evening of DJ'ing solo for 4 hours straight.

ps - got props on Jeigh's Juicy/Off The Books smush.

pps - my Sean Kingston-Beautiful Girls-> Stand By Me mix cleared the floor but I thought it was smooth

I do it all again tonight. (it wasn't all bad... some folks got down to Maze-Before I Let Go )

stay classy SoulStrut,

• sergserg 682 Posts
    you better play DDT That Hoe