Talk Me Out Of Cancelling HBO

RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
edited June 2007 in Strut Central
Now that the Soprano's are done I can't justify paying their monthly fee.What am I overlooking??

Comments

• 99Problems99Problems 1,541 Posts

The Wire Season 5 starts in September, thun.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

The Wire Season 5 starts in September, thun.

But you can cancel until then...so long as you come back in.

• Options
    Now that the Soprano's are done I can't justify paying their monthly fee.

What am I overlooking??

Does your package bundle (pasue) HBO and Cinemax together? I like Cinemax. A lot.

Has anyone seen the Lucky Louie show on HBO? Definitely had me laughing, sort of like an updated Honeymooners meets Married with Children.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    curb your enthusiasm

extras season 2 is hilarious (might be done though)

rome

the wire

bill maher

• Options

Has anyone seen the Lucky Louie show on HBO? Definitely had me laughing, sort of like an updated Honeymooners meets Married with Children.

I think they got cancelled. Louie CK is on Opie and Anthony a lot and I remember him saying they got canned, unless Jim Norton said it. Funny show though.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    I can't justify paying their monthly fee.

You sound purr....

I think they got cancelled. Louie CK is on Opie and Anthony a lot and I remember him saying they got canned, unless Jim Norton said it. Funny show though.

Damn that sucks. It had a saltiness to it that I liked. I guess they also shot it live, which gave it an edge too.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    Talk Me Out Of Cancelling HBO

simple:

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts

that picture is awesome. yeah cancel it now just sign back up this fall. wire finale is going to be the highlight of my viewing pleasure this fall. i cannot wait. is it really coming out in september?

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    If they send the season out for review like they did last time you know the local dvd cat's gonna have 'em.
    Regardless, after The Wire ends HBO is outta here.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    I think I am going to resist all temptation to grab a boot of the Wire season 5 if it appears. I think it deserves a proper weekly viewing as presented by HBO. I don't want even a SLIGHT compromise on quality.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Now that the Soprano's are done I can't justify paying their monthly fee.

What am I overlooking??

Does your package bundle (pasue) HBO and Cinemax together? I like Cinemax. A lot.

No.....I don't have a package(doublepause).......and I've never seen The Wire.

Mainly because I slept on it in the beginning and didn't want to jump in halfway and clueless.

I'll watch it on DVD down the road.

Sween.....you locals are apparently keeping the Island picked clean.....my brother was in town today and drove Merrick Rd. from Wantagh as far east as it goes and came back with less than 10 records!!!....and that's including Infinity!!.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I can't justify paying their monthly fee.

You sound purr....

Yep

That's why I made this post....

I'll win $100 when it's mentioned on Dolo's blog!!

• New Ali-G season coming soon, right? A few docs..a decent comedy stand up everynow and then..but not usually. I only watch it on On Demand though. Sundance "Doc Day" is my shit, though

• You *really* need to get on The Wire, R***.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    I like Real Sports & Real Sex.

• yeah, I forgot about Real Sports. They still making new Real Sex shows? Dayumn!

• oh shit..how could I forget the reason I signed up for HBO in the first place..

new seasons of these two are starting soon!

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts

but seriously, you can find a lot of these shows online these days that is if quality is no concern.

the only ones i end up watching are entourage and the wire, both of which i end up buying when they are released on dvd so it clears my conscience about taking money out they mouths.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

but seriously, you can find a lot of these shows online these days that is if quality is no concern.

the only ones i end up watching are entourage and the wire, both of which i end up buying when they are released on dvd so it clears my conscience about taking money out they mouths.

you buys Entourage? man why not get the Perfect Stranger's deluxe DVD boxset if you're into wasting money....? seriously I could not imagine actually watching an Entourage episode multiple times...

"wait how did I miss that hilarious one-liner by the lovable Turtle the first time around?! REWIND!"

or

"wait is this the one where they almost get their hands on the Medillin script and then it falls through at the end? oh yeah, that's every episode for the last two seasons...."

• vajdaijvajdaij 447 Posts
    the wire, both of which i end up buying when they are released on dvd so it clears my conscience about taking money out they mouths.

Cosign. half.com had first season for pretty cheap. That Best Buy deal finally ended, unfortunately. I'm not pirating, I'm previewing.

• Options
    Sween.....you locals are apparently keeping the Island picked clean.....my brother was in town today and drove Merrick Rd. from Wantagh as far east as it goes and came back with less than 10 records!!!....and that's including Infinity!!.

Somebody else was around here recently and was disappointed by Infinity too. Garage sales have been tepid as well. Nope, no records on Long Island unless you count Frequency's recent set sale. Even the fishing slowed down. I've picked up 10 45's in the past couple months, that's how dry it's been for me.

Oh dude...Entenmann's is leaving. Headed to PA I think. Unreal.

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    [/i] Entourage? man why not get the Perfect Stranger's deluxe DVD boxset if you're into wasting money....? seriously I could not imagine actually watching an Entourage episode multiple times...

you obviously have not fully embraced the artistic genius that is Johnnny Drama!

b/w
    why the hatt for balki bartokomoose?

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    Oh, wait!
    I heard Arli$$ is coming back!
    IMG SRC=http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/0/0e/250px-Arliss.JPG>

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

Somebody else was around here recently and was disappointed by Infinity too. Garage sales have been tepid as well. Nope, no records on Long Island

I man find nuff record inna long island. Record like trouble! cho.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

you buys Entourage? man why not get the Perfect Stranger's deluxe DVD boxset if you're into wasting money....? seriously I could not imagine actually watching an Entourage episode multiple times...

Seriously--I couldn't imagine watching a whole Entourage episode a single time.

I might consider viewing with the sound off now that Lauren London is apparently on it.

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts

Seriously--I couldn't imagine watching a whole Entourage episode a single time.

I might consider viewing with the sound off now that Lauren London is apparently on it.

You don't like TV.

• Options

Somebody else was around here recently and was disappointed by Infinity too. Garage sales have been tepid as well. Nope, no records on Long Island

I man find nuff record inna long island. Record like trouble! cho.

I know you do, right in my backyard too. You find records like I find accountants and contractors.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    HBO ON DEMAND IS RAW TOO.

Go to Specials > Documentaries and peep some of the shit they got up there.

Real Life Autopsy with Michael Bawden!!

TV Junkie -- the video diary of Inside Edition reporter Rick Kirkham and his battle with Crack Addiction.