Speaking of white girls...

DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
edited June 2007 in Strut Central
The ne plus ultra of English Beckydom is back, and she's brought Nas with her.

Comments

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    Massive What was Nas thinking?

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
    Guess he was right.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    yes rappers have never ever teamed up with corny pop superstars for songs before, surely this is a sign the end is nigh

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    Massive What was Nas thinking?

Fat paycheck.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    Surely this must be the first time in history that Nas has made a questionable collaboration. Why must he tarnish his otherwise pristine legacy???

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    yes rappers have never ever teamed up with corny pop superstars for songs before, surely this is a sign the end is nigh

Artistically, this is a whole new nadir for Nas, though. If he'd come nice on those 16 bars, that would have been one thing. It's probably the easiest money he's made in his entire career, so I can't knock that, but it's a truly rotten record.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

100% Ginuwine is a classic record and all but i'm saying

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts

not cute

cant....stop...staring....at...cantalope boob job

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

not cute

speaking of white shoes - those are horrible. high heeled sneakers should be illegal.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

not cute

I hear you. Still, that's smart situational baseball there, choking up on the bat to increase the chances of making contact. I'd watch for the hit-and-run.

speaking of white shoes - those are horrible. high heeled sneakers should be illegal.

OMG. i did not even notice that. oh god... those are really vile. high heeled sneakers are so bad

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts

not cute

I hear you. Still, that's smart situational baseball there, choking up on the bat to increase the chances of making contact. I'd watch for the hit-and-run.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    Guess he was right.

Maybe if his album was titled "My Career is Dead"...

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts

not cute

The bat has more meat on it than she does.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts

You would have thought after, what 6/7 years, of trying to develope a solo career and NO ONE being interested, you get the message.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts

You would have thought after, what 6/7 years, of trying to develope a solo career and NO ONE being interested, you get the message.

The big problem she has is that she comes across as unlikeable. With her media profile, I can't see any reason why she couldn't come out with a high-end pop/club/r&b album in a similar vein to Kelis, Gwen Stefani or Nelly Furtado. It'd probably do decent numbers in the Far East and parts of Europe on her name alone, and if it was actually good...well, who knows? She doesn't even have to sing particularly well; just get a bunch of hot producers and some strong material, and let Melodyne do the hard work. She could afford to hire pretty much anyone out there. Whether they'd work with her is another matter, but it's the kind of challenge I'd jump at if I worked in A&R.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,895 Posts
    Maybe Kelis put him up to it, in exchange for fashion privs?

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,895 Posts
    Just checked the tune. It's not bad (for her) but the Nas rap ... lyrics from a 12 year-old kid who won a competition on her website?

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts

Artistically, this is a whole new nadir for Nas, though. If he'd come nice on those 16 bars, that would have been one thing.

seriously
    his whole motivational "i wanna do whatever i want... period!" theme seems catered to pre-teen beckys

and then there's this gem: i wanna play music so loud a whole crowd will hold their ears and go "ow!"

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    a skeleton w/ a baseball bat. was she an extra on Warriors?

• PSellersPSellers 157 Posts
    I swear Nas only does the first two bars on this track then it's another rappers voice.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    a skeleton w/ a baseball bat. was she an extra on the[/b] Warriors?

yes. she was a guard.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    I hate all that she is.

• kwalitykwality 620 Posts

not cute

I'd take great delight in beaning her if I was a pitcher... although there's not much to aim at.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    "Nas is Dead"

to me.

separated at birth.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    She needs a meal or three, but I'd blap. The high heeled sneakers are kinda nagl, tho. The best spice girl was Geri Halliwell or maybe Scary Spice.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    "Nas is Dead"
    ...to me.

Scary Spice.

currently in a paternity dispute with Eddie Murphy!