• montymonty 420 Posts
    ??? i can't dl that windows shit.... what did they use

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    wuh oh... time for some legal action!

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    get money get money
    mo money mo money

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    plaese to sue the wackest group of all time Monty.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    you guys sur it's not cleared in the liners?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    I'm pretty sure monty would be aware of it, right?

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts

i think it's 'Comrades'

its the one where the drumming gets crazy near the end , like some drum and bass shit..

maybe i was a bit vague on the description.. the song starts out with a bassline and some drums underneath with the most bugged out synth lines sprinkled on top.

I haven't seen the liner notes.. but wouldn't Monty know if they cleared the sample?

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    SUE MONTY!!!!!!

• montymonty 420 Posts
    what's the name of the cd? i'll go buy it

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

song #14

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts

You fixin' to be rich. Please invite Soulstrut to the island your about to buy.

• montymonty 420 Posts
    heh... thanks -- that's the comrades bass line that i wrote and Phil Morrison played -- Sixtoo used it to great effect on Testimony -- sounds like they played it?

i'm not going to sue anybody, but i might put a mp3 of it on my site

i think it's 'Comrades'

its the one where the drumming gets crazy near the end , like some drum and bass shit..

maybe i was a bit vague on the description.. the song starts out with a bassline and some drums underneath with the most bugged out synth lines sprinkled on top.

I haven't seen the liner notes.. but wouldn't Monty know if they cleared the sample?

They have a pretty good band and get lots of musicians in the studio, are you sure it's not just replayed?

Usually you can replay stuff and not clear it if it's a short enough bit.

heh... thanks -- that's the comrades bass line that i wrote and Phil Morrison played -- Sixtoo used it to great effect on
    Testimony -- sounds like they played it?

Found the liner notes on Barnes and Noble and no Phil. But Sting played on the LP, so maybe it's him!!!!! Weeeeeeeeeee! About 4 people played bass on that LP, so I would guess it was replayed. They are so big they would have to clear samples, their management would let them slip on that.

I will say the one thing I like about the Peas is the live band. They do a pretty good job.

• montymonty 420 Posts
    heh... thanks -- that's the comrades bass line that i wrote and Phil Morrison played -- Sixtoo used it to great effect on
    Testimony -- sounds like they played it?

so...... i copped the CD
    will.i.am evidently played the bass (compositionally, what's the diff?)
    BUT[/b] there is a 4 bar sample of my fuzz vibes used 5 times in the song!!!

i'm on record as not objecting to samples
    and i don't own anything anyway
    Stones Throw owns it
    and they don't pay for samples
    so they don't sue when sampled
    so, there you go

it sure would have been nice if BEP had given me a shout....
    fuck it

i put a mp3 and a copy of the credits on my site

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    Monty, i know you're down for sampleing and everything, but fuck it man, i'd be tryin to get that paycheck. Black eyed peas sell big, you could get some dough out of them

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    and i don't own anything anyway
    Stones Throw owns it

Don't you own your writing credits? If they give you 1/4 writers royaltiy it might add up. Just asking, all this music industry sharking never works the way I think it would or should. I would think a letter from a lawyer could get it straight with out any sueing or court cases.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Black eyed peas sell big, you should at least give the label a call[/b] and get some dough out of them

I would think that Stone's Throw would try and get some credit for you and some publicity out of the deal. BEP can sell some serious numbers.

• autezautez 404 Posts
    can someone post the original track

• montymonty 420 Posts
    can someone post the original track
    http://www.montystark.com

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Well I'd definitely have to say that they flipped it pretty well. But I would have like to see your crew get in the credits, monty. Or at least have received a promotional CD!

I think the shit sounds "hot" though.

• Don't you own your writing credits? If they give you 1/27[/b] writers royaltiy it might add up. Just asking, all this music industry sharking never works the way I think it would or should. I would think a letter from a lawyer could get it straight with out any sueing or court cases.

Stones Throw owns it

so, there you go

what do you think would happen if Stones Throw sampled a BEP song? sayin.

• montymonty 420 Posts

Stones Throw owns it
    so, there you go

what do you think would happen if Stones Throw sampled a BEP song? sayin. heh... they'd be out of Monkey Business

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts

Stones Throw owns it

so, there you go

what do you think would happen if Stones Throw sampled a BEP song? sayin.

heh... they'd be out of Monkey Business

Incredible, the original Monty Stark,... Ive been a vinyl junkie for several years now, finding your record would be the ultimate fix for me, my homeboy found this years ago before the internet, I remember we was hearing that record back then, it was mindblowing, the electric vibes, wow... anyway Ive been dreaming about finding the original ever since...!

About the sampling (music in general) or recreating, I gotta say Im all for it,...yeah I knows that money rules the world and all that, but music has allways been an inspiration between musicians, people influencing each other and I quess thats just part of musics evolution, part of the building blocks....you just influenced BEP and music continues to evolve...

Its allways good to get payed, no doubt, but being sampled is a kind of unmaterialistic recognition that will make your music live on forever...(guess thats pretty kool too...)

Congrats on making one hell of a dopeass record !

peace-

• montymonty 420 Posts
    thanks

• montymonty 420 Posts
    ... Its allways good to get payed, no doubt, but being sampled is a kind of unmaterialistic recognition that will make your music live on forever...(guess thats pretty kool too...
    yeah, i just wish BEP would ask me to play keys on the road with them

• montymonty 420 Posts
    yeah, the more i listen to Audio Delite at Low Fidelity by the Black Eyed Peas, the more i love it

go buy

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    Monty, you're very noble!

Why don't you try to contact them? They should be generous as well. The Black Eyed Peas earn millions and should give back a little after taking!

And please excuse that I've sold the original Stark Reality LP after only 1 month. I' ashamed!
    Honestly, I didn't notice how good it is. I listened to the record a lot but I guess I underestimated the music. I wish I kept it! It's great! I'd trade any of my records for it now!

Is there anyone who wants to trade?

• montymonty 420 Posts
    Why don't you try to contact them?

oh, man -- the last time i contacted a record company they wouldn't even reply, so i started calling them all kinds of m***** f*****s -- so when they finally replied to me calling them mfs, of course, they didn't like me, so they didn't pay me.

i guess this is how it works in the real world? i wouldn't know.

i'm just honored so many people will hear it.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

And please excuse that I've sold the original Stark Reality LP after only 1 month. I' ashamed!
    Honestly, I didn't notice how good it is. I listened to the record a lot but I guess I underestimated the music. I wish I kept it! It's great! I'd trade any of my records for it now!

Is there anyone who wants to trade?

HUH?

oh
    wait a minute
    i just remembered-
    yeah
    i have 6 sealed copies of the Stark Reality OG laying around
    got any LES HUMPHRIES or Some of those James Last records with the funky breaks?????

HUH?

And you're trying to say what?

I'd trade my Rob Franken or Romano Mussolini for a mint copy. It's not like Stark Reality is an uncommon record for Soulstrut people. I bet there's at least 10-20 Strutters who own an OG!