Damn. now i gotta rethink my opinion of Will.i.am everything

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    props to that

• montymonty 420 Posts

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

I'm starting to believe you don't have any eyeballs

• montymonty 420 Posts

used to

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts

The Dude abides

• props to that

co-sign.

dude should stick to forcing record companies to use unlicensed samples in order to get them to cough up more money to dope artists such as Monty....rather than rapping.

• montymonty 420 Posts
    if he wasn't rapping, there'd be no money

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

Solid!

But this does put a side step to my whole thought of BEP being the problem with hip hop. I guess I'll just put will.i.am on my "He's a kewl dude" list.

Glad you got urs tho. You really deserve it.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    I can't imagine that Cage has all that much loot though. Not that that is an excuse though.

Def Jux would probably be happy to pay mechanicals to my publisher. that's no big deal, except my publisher has either lost me, or the publishing has reverted to me. to find out, i would have to hire a lawyer who would want more than it's probably worth...

Like I said earlier in this thread, what a crooked fucked up business.

You are golden for sharing with the band.

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    Wow I forgot about this one!

Hey do I get a free copy of Stark Reality for pointing out the sample to you??

• montymonty 420 Posts
    I can't imagine that Cage has all that much loot though. Not that that is an excuse though.

Def Jux would probably be happy to pay mechanicals to my publisher. that's no big deal, except my publisher has either lost me, or the publishing has reverted to me. to find out, i would have to hire a lawyer who would want more than it's probably worth...

Like I said earlier in this thread, what a crooked fucked up business.

You are golden for sharing with the band.
    don't despair - i didn't have to hire a lawyer after all. i'm now represented by BOULDER HEAVE MUSIC (BMI)

• montymonty 420 Posts

you must have the music to have known about it in the first place - how 'bout a t-shirt? a CD? a blow job?

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts

you must have the music to have known about it in the first place - how 'bout a t-shirt? a CD? a blow job?

Well I don't have the OG, thanks to stones throw i heard the goodness there.

t-shirt? - sure! a cd? - sure! a blow job? -

all seriousness though, you don't need to give me anything. however, if stones throw themselves want to send me a free stark reality t shirt I am down.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    Rapping? Are they "rapping" really?

• kwalitykwality 620 Posts
    I have to declare this the best thread I've ever read! It had all the emotions, plus a happy ending!

I gotta say, you are an awesome dude monty! What a zen approach! And look how it all ended up!

And I have to say Will's actions are pretty solid. Wow, what an emotional rollercoaster!

• I have to declare this the best thread I've ever read! It had all the emotions, plus a happy ending!

I gotta say, you are an awesome dude monty! What a zen approach! And look how it all ended up!

And I have to say Will's actions are pretty solid. Wow, what an emotional rollercoaster!

I am not on here all the time, so I hadn't read any of this yet. I read it all at once and it was pretty entertaining. I was looking at page two or 3 and things were getting rolling with contacting the BEPs and I saw that there were 8 pages to the post. It was like I had a whole season of a tv show on dvd and if I really wanted to, I could power through and reach the conclusion.

Anyways, Monty, I have a lot of respect for you as a musician and your stance towards sampling. It's pretty rare to hear a story like this. The fact that you know people sampled you and you can say things like sixtoo "used it to great effect" is so nice to hear. I think most artists hear the cash register sound before they even consider listening to what the new artist has done with the sample.

Congratulations on the payment. you deserve it.

Will.I.Am has been earning more and more points in my book lately.

Monty's attitude:

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts

• What record is that?

• wow cool thread.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    I think about this thread a lot, when I find myself being a dick. Even Wil.I.Am, this guy who makes me type out "Wil.I.Am.," is a human on this planet. And a music-making one at that.

Sweet bump.