Strange Snacks.

Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
edited June 2007 in Strut Central
So yesterday this older lady at work was telling me how much she LOVES banana & mayonnaise (?!) sandwiches and how her uncle use to crumble up saltines and pour 'em in a cold glass of milk with a dash of Tabasco sauce (blechhh!).My tio likes to put mayonnaise in his beans (*Reverse PASUE*).Laverne & Shirley use to pour milk in their Coke.We all know about the Kool-Aid Pickles, but what are YOUR favorite tasty nasty ass treats?

Comments

• rascmonrascmon 441 Posts
    So yesterday this older lady at work was telling me how much she LOVES banana & mayonnaise (?!) sandwiches

that's some true southerner shit right there, i've seen it and it's not pretty

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    i think my people have this market cornered.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

Laverne & Shirley use to pour milk in their Coke.

thats a new york jew thang

Chocolate Egg Cremes are the shit

• Options
    I don't see anything strange about it, but I dip those big beer pretzels (Snyder's Sourdough) in Peter Luger steak sauce. A1 works good too.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    So yesterday this older lady at work was telling me how much she LOVES banana & mayonnaise (?!) sandwiches and how her uncle use to crumble up saltines and pour 'em in a cold glass of milk with a dash of Tabasco sauce (blechhh!).

Now what they know about that banana and mayonnaise
    Slices of toasted bread on the nap-kin
    Straight up nuts with this country drawl
    It ain't no reason lookin for it--ain't no f****n' flaw
    I didn't go to bed without my lucky bear claw
    See, I'm a rare stud lookin to bloom like a mushroom
    In the jug, under hot lights, crystalize so nice
    When I think twice, I love long summer nights
    Four records deep, and I still get stage fright
    From small towns to the big city night lights

If you don't like what I say, fly away, fly away
    If you don't like where I stay, fly away, ahhhhh

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    check out this chocolate company

http://www.zotter.at/chocolate-gallery.html

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    So yesterday this older lady at work was telling me how much she LOVES banana & mayonnaise (?!) sandwiches and how her uncle use to crumble up saltines and pour 'em in a cold glass of milk with a dash of Tabasco sauce (blechhh!).

I don't think I ever realized that's what he said 'til now. Thanks for posting that!

• bropsbrops 182 Posts
    My girlfriend likes banana and "brown cheese" on her sandwich. I'm not sure if you guess even have brown cheese, but it looks like this and taste okay - but not together with banana!

• whats wrong with banana and mayo sandwiches?

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    my friends uncle makes ice cream sandwiches w/ hot dog buns and scoops of ice cream. i told him he should throw a banana up in there too.

• 1219197712191977 323 Posts
    I used to eat peanut butter and bacon sandwiches. Very good actually.

• Simce I was a child I have enjoyed dropping an Atomic Fireball in a tall glass of milk..let it sit for a while until the milk turns pink, and then drink up! You even have a lil suprise waiting for you when you are finished with the milk!

• marshmallow creme and peanut butter was my hit when i was younger...

yum.

• bobbydeebobbydee 849 Posts
    My girlfriend likes banana and "brown cheese" on her sandwich. I'm not sure if you guess even have brown cheese, but it looks like this and taste okay - but not together with banana!

Dude! My sister lived in Norway for a year, and hipped me to brown cheese with vegemite.

Australo-scandinavian

• sneakypsneakyp 202 Posts

Dude! My sister lived in Norway for a year, and hipped me to brown cheese with vegemite.

Australo-scandinavian

i've never heard of brown cheese before...i suspect you're referring to "brunost" which is a norwegian specialty made by carmelizing the lactose in whey. the type i'm familiar with is called gjetost but i think gjetost is made with goat's milk. i guess i would hesitate to call it a "cheese" because i'm not sure what kind of coagulent is added to it.
    you eat this with vegemite? you are definitely on another level. though i would strongly debate whether it's the next one.

• edulusedulus 421 Posts
    vegemite is nasty.

• DJ_ObelixDJ_Obelix 55 Posts
    my housemate enjoys dry Shreddies and butter

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    One of my pals from back in the day liked to put orange juice on her cornflakes.

Another weird snack is battered Mars bar you can buy down the chippy.

• Imperial_MaoImperial_Mao 1,119 Posts

Another weird snack is battered Mars bar you can buy down the chippy.

A scottish speciality along with a deep fried pie or pizza...

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Patak extra hot curry paste on toast with tomato slices

bagel with cream cheese and honey - which has never been a big deal until this new coffee place I go to thought it was the strangest thing when I ordered it.

fries w/mustard

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts

Australo-scandinavian

i've never heard of brown cheese before...i suspect you're referring to "brunost" which is a norwegian specialty made by carmelizing the lactose in whey. the type i'm familiar with is called gjetost but i think gjetost is made with goat's milk. i guess i would hesitate to call it a "cheese" because i'm not sure what kind of coagulent is added to it.
    you eat this with vegemite? you are definitely on another level. though i would strongly debate whether it's the next one.

Brun = Brown

Ost = Cheese

Brunost is browncheese, and yes, it??s not really a cheese. More like processed milk product. It??s really nice with just about anything, especially waffles. Waffles with sour-cream and raspberry jam is essential too.

I had a pack of duck-stomaches once in a while when I lived in China. They have all the imported snacks lined up in the store, but alongside skittles and pringles and whatever they got whole dried fish, duck intestines and dried octopus. Kids over there love that stuff.

Snacks are fun.

Have you guys checked this blog out yet? It??s done by a certain SS-member...

http://snackattackblog.blogspot.com/

- J

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

I don't think I ever realized that's what he said 'til now. Thanks for posting that!

I thought you listened to rap?

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    I used to eat peanut butter and bacon sandwiches. Very good actually.

Oh hell yeah. While everybody else was rocking BLTs, I was all about some peanut butter and bacon. It really is a minor miracle that I haven't had a heart attack yet.

(Also, the aforementioned but ishly named fluffernutter. Man, I loved those things.)

• Options

Back in '94 I ballooned to 240lbs eating this at a diner almost every night and going straight to bed.

• VeeEightVeeEight 325 Posts

^ Greatest hangover cure of all time.

My favourites aren't really that strange
    Scotch + Milk + Apple Cider (served cold)

Peanut butter and nutella on whole wheat
    Not really complicated but extremely delicious.

• rocco2nrrocco2nr 530 Posts

every time i see a picture of poutine i'm not sure if i'm supposed to salivate or hurl.