WEAKEND FINDZ

2»

Comments

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    saw sf orchestra w/ reich at the helms perform 18 musicians maybe 7 years ago while i was out in the bay for the summer.

really nice...

until the second half of the program which was a new piece reich was working on... (which i think was still a work in progress)......... pretty disappointing.

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    whats up with the esther chan LP?

real headz wanna know

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    I found a few sealed Too $hort singles from 89, a BDP single, the first DJ Quik and some other things. Also, these two for $10 total is melting my face.

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    We had yard sale today, and three early birds came to ask about records. Shit, if I'd known, I'd have taken some time to add a crate to the pile of crap we were selling.

Grand total:

$211.45 and 1 game of catch. Good Sunday findz.

• whats up with the esther chan LP?

real headz wanna know

what exactly do they want to know?? I think it was released in Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia & Hong Kong. Mine is 1974 EMI (HK) Limited Promo. I am assuming it's the hong kong pressing.

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    whats up with the esther chan LP?

real headz wanna know

what exactly do they want to know?? I think it was released in Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia & Hong Kong. Mine is 1974 EMI (HK) Limited Promo. I am assuming it's the hong kong pressing.

great but what does it sound like

• I sent one track to mylatency & one is posted on the it's Friday post a track thread. Not going to attempt to write about the sound of the lp it's too damn funky for my small words. This is the first cut and hit the road jack is on the other link.

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    I sent one track to mylatency & one is posted on the it's Friday post a track thread. Not going to attempt to write about the sound of the lp it's too damn funky for my small words. This is the first cut and hit the road jack is on the other link.

it starts off cool but I can't hang with those vocals.

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    I sent one track to mylatency & one is posted on the it's Friday post a track thread. Not going to attempt to write about the sound of the lp it's too damn funky for my small words. This is the first cut and hit the road jack is on the other link.

thats a cover of "the Lords Prayer" by Sister Janet Mead, btw.

• Yes, but it's the best version of that i've heard.. killer guitar opening. Here are the first two cuts of side b,

the lords prayer
    without you
    send a little love my way
    leave me alone ruby red dress
    its like a sad old kinda movie
    i believe in music

friends
    hit the road jack --which is the highlight imo
    the masquerade
    its nice to be with you
    becoming
    let me try again

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts

both these have some cool shit on them, but i don't really know anything about the second one.

• How is this?? I have a record he produced by Carmen Maki, but it's just so-so. Always been curious about this one...

• mattBmattB (FTB) Anywhere 673 Posts
    How is this?? I have a record he produced by Carmen Maki, but it's just so-so. Always been curious about this one...
    This one's a nice album. Mostly on the folk/psych side but also with touch of blues and even some choir singing and a short classical track. It's a soundtrack and all of the above is mixed in with snippets of dialog from the movie (all in Japanese of course). A little too much for my liking - I'd prefer more music - but still, fits in with the melancholy style of the record.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I know I'm late on this but this is stuff from the weekend --

fleas, thrifts, yard sales and raiding a $2 dollar bin at a record show --

random rap 12s -

78s -

rev. utah smith was a electric blues african american gospel--it is really amazing-- from the 20s

the lonnie johnson / victoria spivey w. clarence williams 'toothace blues parts 1 and 2--johnson mentions "cocaine and wine" as a remedy for the toothache blues while spivey whimpers and moans.

and this unsafe toy at a yard sale for 2 bucks--

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    video liszt -- i think some of you may like it. french cosmic disco with vocoders on half the cuts.

you can download the album in full from this blog --

http://mutant-sounds.blogspot.com/2007/04/video-liszt-ektakrom-killer-lp-1981.html

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Dee in Debt available for sale/trade???