I gotta go with Eternia...

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Rage was pretty good

• So The Score was a weak ass album?

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    i know entyce is still the FINEST!

• JacobWizzleJacobWizzle 1,003 Posts
    Don't know how current they are but:

Rah Digga and MC Lyte are my favorites. Foxy has never done anything for me. All she has done was bite other people throughout her career. Kim was dope on her first album before she started acting and went Hollywood. "Queen Bee Shit" might be my favorite song by a female.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    So The Score was a weak ass album?

No, where are you getting that from?

I think it's a pretty good record.

jane doe

the Score was a DAMN GOOD album

Foxy has never done anything for me. All she has done was bite other people throughout her career.

It's weird how she now seems to have morphed into Shyne...

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Rah Digga and MC Lyte are my favorites.
    "Queen Bee Shit" might be my favorite song by a female.

Yes and Yes.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    MC Lyte is unfadeable. Best female MC evar due simply to this: her voice/delivery. #1, all others should be discussed after her.
    I always hated Lauryn's "defecation on microphone" lyric, sullying her decent (not GOAT) career (for me).
    Peace
    T.N.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

I can't believe that Queen Mother Rage isn't getting any love up in here!

And what about Isis?

Vanglorious!

h

• MoSSMoSS 458 Posts

Rah Digga and MC Lyte are my favorites. Foxy has never done anything for me. All she has done was bite other people throughout her career. Kim was dope on her first album before she started acting and went Hollywood. "Queen Bee Shit" might be my favorite song by a female.

I've been told by numerous people Lyte never wrote a single rhyme in her career. If that's true and she had a ghostwriter, she falls hella off my list. Lyte as a Rock and Stop, Look, Listen were classic though. Rah Digga is the best right now in my eyes...

I've been told by numerous people Lyte never wrote a single rhyme in her career. If that's true and she had a ghostwriter, she falls hella off my list. Lyte as a Rock and Stop, Look, Listen were classic though. Rah Digga is the best right now in my eyes...

I have heard that, too, but I don't really care. Whether or not she wrote those rhymes, she made them her own.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Lin Que

• I always had a thing for Roxanne Shante.

I can't believe that Queen Mother Rage isn't getting any love up in here!

maybe if she had a little more enthusiasm in her voice

Isis...i'd tap

• So The Score was a weak ass album?

I mean supposedly Lauryn's wack, Wyclef's wack, Pras's .....well ok I'll give you Pras, but 3 corny people shouldn't make a good album. But whateva we all got our opinions.

ANYWAY...Foxy was good back in her "I Shot Ya" days, cuz she killed that shit. After that her hunger died down and so did her flow.

Kim always been weak. And now she looks like a creature from another galaxy.

Remember BOSS?---haha
    Champ MC-hahaha
    Tairie B???? damn, Eazy, what was THAT about?

I still like listening to Roxanne Shante

lady bug/mecca was dope....at times too goddamn... i dont know... weird i guess

So The Score was a weak ass album?

I mean supposedly Lauryn's wack, Wyclef's wack, Pras's .....well ok I'll give you Pras, but 3 corny people shouldn't make a good album. But whateva we all got our opinions.

Nope, read what I posted again.

Wyclef: wack

Pras: wack

Lauryn: sounded better than she was by comparison to those two (and I did call one particular couplet wack)

The Score: pretty good... and it wouldn't be the first pretty good album to be made by not particularly good MCs

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    i know entyce is still the FINEST!

Shhh.gotta keep that on the Hush Hush tip

and am I the only one who digs early Latifah the best?

queen latifah!

roxanne shante was cool when kane was writin her shit. wasnt really feelin her newere "diss all the other hoes' raps.

champ mc was hard cuz of the ea ski/cmt production

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    currents...

Bahamadia

Jean Grae

Mystic (really liked the song "Neptune's Jewels")

Rah Digga

classics...

Paula Perry

Heather B

Roxanne Shante

Antoinette-I Got An Attitude (does she have other bangers?)

my fav MC Lyte track from the few I've heard... "Shut The Eff Up (Hoe)"

• Lin Que

Let It Fall On 'Em! That song is so goddamn hard.

antoinette had "whos the boss" which bangeded priddy hard back in like 89-90.

• schnipperschnipper 528 Posts
    Gangsta Boo.

On more than one occasion I've praised Can I Get Paid on here more than once as being a monumental song, but I am unsure how much it has to do with Gangsta Boo's specific skill as an MC, so much as a record really being evocative of a moment and feeling. I would be curious to see if she can make what makes that song work work elsewhere

only child from the Sum of Forces Crew here in SF holds it down quite nicely.
    my vote is still with entyce wit her fine ass. if claudette ortiz (city High)rapped id listen.

Gangsta Boo.

On more than one occasion I've praised Can I Get Paid on here more than once as being a monumental song

Yo, I think you said that more than once...

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    I always liked Sha-Key[/b] although not as much as my other faves...

Shorty No Mas[/b] was cool although that was just one song...didn't she just come out with something recently though?

and can't none of ya'll front Monie Love[/b] was the shit when Monie in the Middle came out

YO Schnipper:

Do you even own a Mc Lyte or Queen Latifah record?

• Sum of Forces Crew

What can you tell us of their DJ?

PS