TNE NBA FINALS '07 - WHAT!!!

Comments

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    What do you have against Lebron James?

Nothing. He's been the coolest cat on the block. But there's two reasons why I'm rooting for the Spurs (Lebron's team to lose):

1) So that we can pan out the real basketball fans from the microwave popcorn variety. So that Kobe-haters don't have fodder for the next round of ignorant and incorrect comparisons.

2) So that Kobe-haters don't have fodder for the next round of ignorant and incorrect comparisons.
    fixed your post for you.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Nothing. He's been the coolest cat on the block. But there's two reasons why I'm rooting for the Spurs (Lebron's team to lose):

1) So that we can pan out the real basketball fans from the microwave popcorn variety.

I wholly support identifying--and even humiliating--these microwave popcorn basketball fans. I'm just wondering how a Spurs victory will help us do so.

If you are not down with the Spurs, you are popcorn son! POPCORN!

Yeah, but won't a Spurs victory actually cause a lot of these snacksize popcorn-azz juniormint fans to pretend to be something else, i.e., Spurs fans?

The Basketball Science here is clearly going over my head.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    The East was soft this year,but The EAST won last year. So that "West is stronger" is bullshit.

That is not persuasive reasoning to me.

Spurs, Dallas, Phoenix, Denver, Utah, Houston...

Why dont you just include Golden State to that group cause only the Spurs have rings. The rest of them are 50+ win teams that dont amount to anything but ticket sales.

Just because the Spurs are better than all of them (except maybe Dallas) does not mean that conference as a whole is not better than the East. I do not think that the Cavs would have made it to the finals if they had to play Dallas, Phoenix, San Antonio and maybe even Denver in the playoffs. The only championship contender that the Cavs had to beat was Detroit.

If it wasn't for the LA/SA domination of the last decade then the rest of the teams in the West could have gotten more shine.

Compare the regular season records of the West v. the East. Yeah yeah, regular season don't mean shit... but it is a good way of comparing the conferences when Eastern conference teams only have to beat one of the Western Conference teams in the playoffs instead of three.

Wait, am I really needing to argue that the Western conference is better than the East??

Because MIAMI HEAT WON LAST YEAR.

The East has fallen off considerably this past year.

Spurs are great, but the Lakers beat 'em twice in the regular. Tells you something about the Finals. Dallas taking it all woulda made the most sense.

1) So that we can pan out the real basketball fans from the microwave popcorn variety. So that Kobe-haters don't have fodder for the next round of ignorant and incorrect comparisons.

2) So that Kobe-haters don't have fodder for the next round of ignorant and incorrect comparisons.
    fixed your post for you.

you're a nat too. the fuck off me. i play in the game!

1) So that we can pan out the real basketball fans from the microwave popcorn variety.

I wholly support identifying--and even humiliating--these microwave popcorn basketball fans. I'm just wondering how a Spurs victory will help us do so.

If you are not down with the Spurs, you are popcorn son! POPCORN!

But do you still BELIEVE (in jacking up threes)?

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts

And then lost in the first round this year to the... Bulls.

fixed your post for you.

the fuck is a nat? gnat? where is this game you play in? the realness of west LA? schweetest outdoor mall this side of the rockies, brah.
    gimme whatever you're drinking- it seems to produce a bandwagon hopping drunken stupor.
    C'mon, man... Whatever happened to not bringing up kobeezee in this thread anymore? Dude's on vacation, give his nuts a rest.
    (boring ass friday. i must bringeth the clon myself.)

fixed your post for you.

the fuck is a nat? gnat? where is this game you play in? the realness of west LA? schweetest outdoor mall this side of the rockies, brah.

gimme whatever you're drinking- it seems to produce a bandwagon hopping drunken stupor.
    C'mon, man... Whatever happened to not bringing up kobeezee in this thread anymore? Dude's on vacation, give his nuts a rest.
    (boring ass friday. i must bringeth the clon myself.)

Disgrace to LA.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

And then lost in the first round this year to the... Bulls.

And Dallas who went to the Finals last year lost to GS. So What's your critera?
    The Suns have done shit either. So after the Spurs who's that much better than the EAST.
    Yes, the West have been better % wise but in th last 10 years has the only the Lakers & Spurs have taken the chip.The West rack up wins during the regular season and it amounts to nothing more than what the East racks up.

The West is "BETTER" but not by as much as what cats think they are.

Spurs, Dallas, Phoenix, Denver, Utah, Houston...[/b]

Denver/Utah/Houston/Phoenix are not real contenders.

Disgrace to LA.

you heard it here first- i disgraced LA without living there. does my ability to disgrace know no boundaries?

the realness of west LA? schweetest outdoor mall this side of the rockies, brah.

Somehow living in West LA takes away from the fact that I PLAY. Ballers don't use the phrase "brah". hella ghey yo!

Disgrace to LA.

you heard it here first- i disgraced LA without living there. does my ability to disgrace know no boundaries?

You ain't in LA, then stop acting like you know.

the realness of west LA? schweetest outdoor mall this side of the rockies, brah.

Somehow living in West LA takes away from the fact that I PLAY. Ballers don't use the phrase "brah". hella ghey yo!
    i was going more at west LA with the "brah". I played yesterday.

I fail to make the "I play pickup ball with trust fund babies in West L.A.: I know about professional basketball" connection, but pour some of that science over me, dunny.

Ballers don't use the phrase "brah". hella ghey yo!

No?

I fail to make the "I play pickup ball with trust fund babies in West L.A.: I know about professional basketball" connection, but pour some of that science over me, dunny.

You're wrong. Now stop acting like you know.

"I played yesterday" with my 30+ year old crew who rents out a gym every Thursday.
    That about right?

No?

he may be right. Walton =/ baller. Walton = streaky spot shooter that lives off of daddy's legacy.

yeah. that just happened.

(i guess he knows the triangle a bit, too; which is more than can be said for a lot of last years soon-to-be gone starters)

Where does your Laker hate stem from?

b/w

You's a ho. And sadly will never be on my level when discussing basketball.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    LOLOLOLlll

"I played yesterday" with my 30+ year old crew who rents out a gym every Thursday.
    That about right?

'fraid not. the "crew" consists of mid-twentiesh malcontents and the 'never leave this park, always here practicing' hispanics of a local outdoor court. Good try though.

C'mon, doggie. I thirst for the knowledge rich basketball science. We all do. Quench us!

That about right?

'fraid not. the "crew" consists of mid-twentiesh malcontents and the 'never leave this park, always here practicing' hispanics of a local outdoor court. Good try though.

C'mon, doggie. I thirst for the knowledge rich basketball science. We all do. Quench us!

And yet you act like you know!

No?

he may be right. Walton =/ baller. Walton = streaky spot shooter that lives off of daddy's legacy.

(i guess he knows the triangle a bit, too; which is more than can be said for a lot of last years soon-to-be gone starters)

Walton = trash, but he does play on the same team as Kobe and as we've seen previously that most crucial of traits is sufficient to elevate a mediocrity like Derek Fisher over Chris Paul in the pantheon of ballers.

LOLOLOLlll

No?

Walton = trash, but he does play on the same team as Kobe and as we've seen previously that most crucial of traits is sufficient to elevate a mediocrity like Derek Fisher over Chris Paul in the pantheon of ballers.

All Tru. And apparently, D. Williams is garbage as well, because he's hugging onto Fish's nuts.

Quench us!

PASUE?

Where does your Laker hate stem from?

b/w

You's a ho. And sadly will never be on my level when discussing basketball.

i never said i hated the lakers. i actually don't hate the lakers. i'm realistic about their level of play though, which is something i've learned not to expect from laker fans.

b/w

I really don't think I'll be at your level either-- i have sensitive eardrums, and thus, would never make it on a submarine. But I am not the type to go on for a season trying to pick fights with people about games when I don't have cable and can't watch the games. I think we were all collectively proud of you this year when you stepped up and got that cable subscription, doggie.

no hard feelings, young lad. it's the internet. if i met you in person, i'm sure i could hook you up by scoring some booze for you at the 7-11. I'll keep the change though.

Quench us!

PASUE?
    (on purpose. i find that the youngin's posts about the lakers often border on the homoerotic, which is hilarity in these basketball threads. i like the new spelling though.)

collective pasue, all around.

If sports fans can talk shit on the concrete courts, I don't see why it can't happen here.

no hard feelings, young lad. it's the internet. if i met you in person, i'm sure i could hook you up by scoring some booze for you at the 7-11. I'll keep the change though.

ha! shiiyeeet. It's all good.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts

No?

Don't forget Kwame Brown!

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Friday, June 8, 2007
    Game 1 of Cavs-Spurs draws lowest prime time rating ever[/b]
    Associated Press

NEW YORK -- Game 1 of the NBA Finals drew the lowest rating ever for an opening-game in prime time, dropping 19 percent from last year.

The San Antonio Spurs' 85-76 victory over the Cleveland Cavaliers on Thursday night earned a 6.3 rating and 11 share on ABC. The previous low was a 6.4/11 in 2003.

Last year's Game 1 between Miami and Dallas earned a 7.8 rating and 14 share.

The rating is the percentage watching a telecast among all homes with televisions, and the share is the percentage tuned in to a broadcast among those households with televisions on at the time. A ratings point represents 1,114,000 households.

Friday, June 8, 2007
    Game 1 of Cavs-Spurs draws lowest prime time rating ever[/b]
    Associated Press

NEW YORK -- Game 1 of the NBA Finals drew the lowest rating ever for an opening-game in prime time, dropping 19 percent from last year.

I watched the damn thing, technically. I did fall asleep before the second quarter... Let's talk about something INTERESTING. Who's gonna have the best regular season record next year? You think the Mavs will make power moves this summer? etc.