DID YOU FEEL THAT?

grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
edited June 2005 in Strut Central
another earthquake just a minute ago...

Comments

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,087 Posts
    I did too. Felt like a 2.5 or something in North Hollywood. I was the only one who noticed it in the office

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    yeah, hardly worth getting worried about. but that's 2 in the last week or so, no?

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    no Arizona Bay yet...hope it never happens

• MoSSMoSS 458 Posts
    I did too. Felt like a 2.5 or something in North Hollywood. I was the only one who noticed it in the office

It's crazy that you're so used to this shit you can just sit there and guess what size it was. I could never say "It felt like a 3"...lol I don't even know what a 1 feels like

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts
    everyone is talking about it here at work...i didn't feel anything

5.2 on the richter scale. i think arnold schwarzenegger is pissing off god.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    lol

I heard it but didn't feel much

we even had a 4.0 here in Memphis a few days ago..the world is crackin' up

is that common out there?

• soulrezsoulrez 565 Posts
    info

def felt it, shit was movin around...

im thinkin since the last few in so cal located near day, he's prolly workin on some new shit

yes, Memphis lies on a fault bigger than the San Andreas, the New Madrid....they have been predicting a big one for awhile...there was a 9 point somethin' back in the 1800's...so strong it made the Mississippi river flow backwards, it even created a lake... Reelfoot Lake. About ten years ago there was some dude who had "the big one" predicted for a certain date, but it didnt happen. But it is only a matter of time I suppose.

• Mr. CasualMr. Casual 953 Posts
    everyone is talking about it here at work...i didn't feel anything

Your just pissed you didn't get to ride the wave my man.. D*n was over here saying "fuck this quake news; get back to the US Open

wow. and i thought cali was the only place for that. oh well, cant wait til santa ana winds season when mofo's start burning this joint up. yay LA!

• Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts

yes, Memphis lies on a fault bigger than the San Andreas, the New Madrid....they have been predicting a big one for awhile...there was a 9 point somethin' back in the 1800's...so strong it made the Mississippi river flow backwards, it even created a lake... Reelfoot Lake. About ten years ago there was some dude who had "the big one" predicted for a certain date, but it didnt happen. But it is only a matter of time I suppose.

Yeah, that Earthquake was apparently one of the biggest of the last 2000 years.

Cali heads, is the Santa Ana out and about? If so, buy some batteries and duct tape.

• damn..I couldnt imagine being in an earthquake. Its all about the hurricanes and tornadoes around here.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    I was in the movie theater watching terrible ass "Shark Boy" with my son when it happened. The epicenter was about 30 mi. from where I live. I still hate earthquakes even after being in a bunch. Again, I hope this isn't some kind of pre-quake ish.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    Was that an aftershock from the one out to sea Tues night?

Everyone in Washington was doing the Tsunami freak out for about 30 min, until they cancelled the warning.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    wow! I was in my work building...fuckin skyscraper in downtown LA. That is honestly the biggest quake I've ever felt (I've only lived here 3 years) but wow, that was fun. feels weird being in a big building like that. That is an ominous eerie feeling.

• MangomanMangoman 549 Posts
    It is the grumbilings before he comes, the heavenly bodies will be shaken, During that time...........

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    I was at work. Didn't feel a thing. Everybody else felt it so I musta been dancing or something.

The last good one I felt was a few months ago, centered at La Cienega and Sunset just a few blocks from me. It was around 9 o'clock am and woke me up. I actually yelled. Fucking scared me. It wasn't that big, a 3 something, but when it's that close, it really shakes shit up. Walls were trembling and bed jumpin', damn. I went back to sleep and forgot about it. Someone mentioned it a few days later and I was like, damn, forgot. Looked it up and sure enough, right by my house. Fucking LA. Quake scares the shit out of me and I just forget about it.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    another earthquake just a minute ago...

that was the ground trembling after my morning fart bitch!

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Never fear, it was just the God

"people in Cali used to think it was earthquakes"

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    haha. mawfuggas just DON'T KNOW!

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    I was at the storage unit sorting rackords... the whole warehouse was rolling around, it was crazy...